1. Allah has revealed His Books to various Prophets for the guidance of their nations.
2. The big Books are called KITAABS whilst the small ones are called SAHIFAS.
3. The four main Books that were revealed are the:
4. HOLY QURAN.
4. The TOURAAT (OLD TESTAMENT) was given to Hazrat MOOSAA (Alayhis-Salaam).
5. The ZABOOR (PSALMS) were given to Hazrat DAWOOD (Alayhis-Salaam).
6. The INJEEL (NEW TESTAMENT) was given to Hazrat 'ISAA (Alayhis-Salaam).
7. The HOLY QUR'AN, the final Book of Allah was revealed to MUHAMMAD sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam.
8. Besides these there were many more smaller Kitaabs revealed, e.g.
10 Sahifas were revealed to Hazrat ADAM (Alayhis-Salaam ).
50 Sahifas were revealed to Hazrat SHIES (Alayhis-Salaam).
30 Sahifas were revealed to Hazrat IRIS (Alayhis-Salaam).
Between 10 and 30 Sahifas were revealed to Hazrat IBRAHAM (Alayhis-Salaam) (Peace and
Blessings of Allah be upon all of them).
9. All the other Books besides the HOLY QUR'AN were revealed at once.
10. The HOLY QUR'AN was revealed over a period of 23 years.
11. All the other Books are no more in their original form. Changes, alterations and additions have been made to them.
12. The HOLY QUR'AN has been memorized by thousands from the beginning of ISLAM right to the present day.
13. Allah has promised to safeguard the text of the HOLY QURAN, which is miraculous.
14. The HOLY QUR'AN was the final book of Allah. It is still pure, clear and free from any change or alteration.