Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Comprehensive Pakistan Thread

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abuzayd2k, bint e aisha, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, sipraomer, tanveerzakee, sharjan8643
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#256 [Permalink] Posted on 24th February 2019 15:09
I've received two pms which means the mods let my pm through, which also means that they agreed with the context of my pm. Maybe they can't verify all of what was there as they would only know 50% of what I'm saying. If there was falsehood in the initial comment, they could've declined my pm and left me wondering. But the pm went through and my posts removed, if the posts weren't real, they wouldn't have allowed the pm.

What I said was before he became ameer and I really hope it's not the same anymore. The comment made was way before that time.

I'm certain he's 100% legit. He was a life changer for many for the positive. Lol, if it wasn't for him, I'd be a tj :(

How I know what I know isn't important. Is what I said true or not, is important. (So there will be no reply to the pms)

Jzk for the link, but it's in a foreign language. I'll stick to reading his books that are available in English too.

The thing is, it could've been true in the past and might not be true anymore and I pray it's no longer the case.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#257 [Permalink] Posted on 24th February 2019 17:15
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

Whether the mods agree with you or not it means nothing.
Quote:
The thing is, it could've been true in the past and might not be true anymore and I pray it's no longer the case.

I don't know about my Iman but I can give shahadah about his Iman.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#258 [Permalink] Posted on 24th February 2019 19:07
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Quote:
I don't know about my Iman but I can give shahadah about his Iman.

How is that possible that you can give shahadah about his iman?

When moulana Taliban frequented the forum he said the main jaish guy in Karachi from 20 years ago has turned his back and now speaks against the effort. If this is true then how can anyone be fully trusted?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#259 [Permalink] Posted on 24th February 2019 19:35
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#260 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd May 2019 08:46
MMA Alvi

Ajith Dobhal did secret missions to China and managed to remove Chinese block on MMA Ali and got him declared a global terrorist.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#261 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd May 2019 14:15
How does it affect Pakistan or the popular uprising in Kashmir ?

It may be good for psychological satisfaction of India,but Kashmir struggle is ‘self sustaining’ and mostly ‘political’...

The less militant it is the better.

That is how the ‘Gandhi doctrine’ is used against India,non-violence and non-cooperation.It will give results.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#262 [Permalink] Posted on 8th May 2019 08:19
Jinnah did not want partition.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#263 [Permalink] Posted on 8th May 2019 08:20
That Jinnah did not want partition is a complete statement in itself and hence I have written it as such in above post.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#264 [Permalink] Posted on 8th May 2019 08:21
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#265 [Permalink] Posted on 8th May 2019 08:22
The assertion that Jinnah did not want partition is not my own but I have taken it from Ayesha Jalal. The link is given above.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#266 [Permalink] Posted on 8th May 2019 08:35
The whole story of partition was not known in 1947 and the people with vested interests dumped the blame on Muslims in general and those in particular who were worried about the fate of Muslims in independent India. For this the choice naturally boiled down to Barrister Muhammed Ali Jinnah.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#267 [Permalink] Posted on 8th May 2019 08:39
Some hope of truth coming out was kindled when Maulana Azad, with the help of Professor Humayun Kabir, wrote his autobiography called India Wins Freedom. A chapter of the book was kept in archives - to be opened 30 years after his death. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad died in February 1958 and the remaining material was to be available to us in 1988.

In 1988 the subject matter of the material got drowned in the din over the copy right controversy between the people claiming inheritance of Maulana Azad.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#268 [Permalink] Posted on 8th May 2019 08:45
Yet the fate had already conspired in the favour of truth.

Maulana Azad had his own compulsions.

The British had their own.

The British compulsions came to an end earlier than Maulana Azad's compulsions.

The British archive material became available after the normal expiry of secrecy period.

In 1961 Leonard Mosley wrote a book called the Last Days of the Raj. In this book he told the story of the events immediately before the partition.

This shed enough light on the angles that were still in dark till then. And the real causes behind the partition.

From 1970 to 1983 N Mansergh released the edited documents of the relevant period pertaining to partition.

Mansergh, Nicholas, and Penderel Moon, eds. The Transfer of Power 1942–47 (12 vol., London: HMSO . 1970–83) comprehensive collection of British official and private documents.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#269 [Permalink] Posted on 8th May 2019 08:51
In 1985 the Pakistani historian, Ayesha Jalal, published The Sole Spokesman: Jinnah, the Muslim League and the Demand for Pakistan published by the Cambridge University Press.

This book became a sort of revision of the history for it near completely shifted the partition blame away from Jinnah.

Later on Indian academician Sudhindra Kulkarni and politicians LK Advani and Jaswant Singh admitted similar views - for which each one of them incurred the wrath of their own supporters - the RSS crowd.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#270 [Permalink] Posted on 8th May 2019 08:56
As a side story : the communist, liberal-democrats and secularists of Pakistan spent an inordinate amount of energy, post Ayesha Jala's book, in trying to prove that creation of Pakistan was a secular event having nothing to do with the apprehension of pre-partion Muslims of India and hence with Islam.
+2 -0Like x 1

Jump to page: