Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Boycott Till Care is taken

You have contributed 25.5% of this topic

Topic Poll

Please vote to view the results or click here to see results
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd March 2005 13:48
Jazakallah Striver, for the united muslimz link. Its another really good frum like dis one.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd March 2005 18:53
Yeah it's really good
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 25th May 2005 19:28
have you heard how M&S's profits have gone down.... i reckon its due to the Boycott... it gives us some encouragement, and for people who say boycotting doesn't work- this gives them a 'slap in the face' :

Profits and sales tumble at M&S

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4574353.stm

our Boycotts DO work... & some ppl say our individual boycotts make no difference. but when WE as an ummah stand up against businesses who aim to oppress our fellow Muslims. THIS is what happens to the oppressors... its a good start alhamdulillah....keep boycotting!!

Profits and sales tumble at M&S

Marks & Spencer saw its profits fall by almost a fifth last year and has admitted that the outlook for the business remains "challenging".
The retailer's annual pre-tax pre-exceptional profits fell 19% to £618.5m ($1.13bn) from £805m last year.

M&S gave no update on current trading amid media reports that sales have fallen steeply in recent weeks.

Chief executive Stuart Rose said conditions were tough but insisted the company was "on track".

M&S shares rose nearly 1% to 340p in early trading as investors responded to the fact that profits, although well down on last year, were in line with market forecasts.

Disappointing performance

In the 52 weeks to 2 April, M&S's total sales fell to £7.9bn from £8.3bn for the corresponding period last year.

UK retail sales fell 1.7% to £7bn while like-for-like sales - which exclude sales from new store openings - were down 5.1% over the period.

Clothing sales fell 3.1%, a performance the company said was disappointing.

Full article:
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4574353.stm

[Taken from: www.unitedmuslimz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1152
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 26th May 2005 03:36
Jazakumullah for that. Alhamdulillah it just goes to show that their denial of individual efforts of those Muslims who care about the lives of innocent people is nothing but concern for profits and the efforts and concerns of those individuals is 'paying' off Alhamdulillah
No post ratings
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2005 23:37
slms... most hardest part of boycotting is when u go round friends /relatives houses..like for dawat etc... can we actually ask wot food theyv cooked is from where and wot ingredients theyv used and where theyv bought it frm?
its hard if some1 calls u sincerely and u hav 2 question them like that...would it make them think u r accusing them of being bad muslims or telling them they eat haram food?
or if a neighbour or someone sends food round...
wot do u do?
accept it then chuck it...or eat it and tell them not to buy such products in future...which they prbly will carry on doin anyway or till they get convinced bout boycotting............
No post ratings
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 4th June 2005 17:26
Alot of people get insulted if you ask where the food source is from because alot of the time although boycotting important the food itself is not haram...you end up feeling stupid and having had raised an insignificant issue.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 16th June 2005 21:16
Salaams, a few people do fell as though they have been insulted by you, and you yourself do feel bad but just make them understand properly the harms of buying these products or going to such stores, and also explain d advantages of boycotting.

I'm quite an outspoken person n when going to peoples houses i do ask about whatever drink iv been offered, it may sound rude but just think by doing this u might b helping save an innocont childs life.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 17th June 2005 15:32
Sometimes, asking is a better form of imforming. Who knows, it may be that asking them might make them think and before one knows, they have the same concerns as you.

And if they find it rude, it is always better for them to find a question rude rather than a statement because telling them could be offensive as well as rude.

Bearing in mind, if a person asks a question in a rude manner then I guess they're just asking for it but genuinely when one asks, Allah knows the intentions so inshaAllah they shouldn't find it rude.
No post ratings
Unspecified
Unspecified
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 17th June 2005 17:25
The problem is rarely what you say, but how you say it.

The art of tactful speech is hard to master, but the root of it must be humility.

Only if one is humble, is it possible to minimise offence when speaking on delicate matters, since arrogance and pride are what cause most offence.

May Allah soften our hearts and give us the ability to deliver good advice in a beautiful manner which is accepted, appreciated and continued.

*** I had written a few lines about boycotting goods, but deleted them after reading this
>>>Boycotting Israeli and American Goods
Alhamdulillah, it has certainly clarified my understanding of the issues involved.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2005 09:42
Your right, the art of tactful speech is hard to master. You try n explain something to somebody and sometimes it just comes out all wrong.

On the topic of boycotting i was explainng the importance of it to my students at school and madressah, some being young did not understand properly but were still determined to work on it. A student came to school the next day only 10 years of age and was really upset because her elder brothers and sisters had laughed at her when she tried to stop them from buying a bottle of coca cola. But she didnt back down just there she brought them to madressah the next day and made me explain it to them,it was so nice to see such a young heart yet so strong. I had some parents actually come in to ask more about the boycott but as was mentioned earlier you dont always get the same reaction. You have to be really careful how u tread.

We just have to pray that Allah grants us the tawfeeq to unite as muslims cos when we muslims unite we will be stronger than a thousand armies. Ameen
No post ratings
Rank Image
leicester
Unspecified
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2005 10:58
jazakallah for dat brother
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2005 11:20

Ridwan wrote:
Alhamdulillaah, a group called HMC (Halal Monitoring Committee) began in Leicester and has now spread to London too. This group has people who spend whole days monitoring chickens being slaughtered, making sure they are not stunned and that if they are dunked into hot water then the temperature is appropriate according to shariah. They check that the chickens and meat are slaughtered in a completely halal way leaving no room for any doubt. They 'HMC certify' places who are continuously monitiored and at present there are 4 butchers in London who are certified. Restaurants also get certified but there are none in London yet (a'la pizza is on the verge of getting certified). The following butchers are currently certified in London: 1) AM & Sons 84-88 Belgrave Rd Ilford 020 8554 4030 2) Bismillah Halal meat & Poultry 70 Upton Lane Forest Gate 020 8548 0992 3) Al-Hijaaz store 57 Plashet Grove Upton Park 07709 021 806 4) Dial-A-Chicken Home Delivery Service 020 8491 7898 You can check the latest places on their site (www.halalmc.org). Also if you have some free time on your hands and can volunteer for them let me know, jazakallaah.

Salaamz, in reference to the post above, i came across the above organisation last year, after i disturbingly heard a rumour that all the local poultry was 'dodgy' if not haraam. After contacting local butchers it seemed that none of them were fully aware WHERE their poultry came from. I contacted the HMC and I was told it would be a while before they began monitorring in the North. I found that very saddening. Meanwhile, we are left to eat 'doubtful' chicken. I even sent letters to local Ulamaa and butchers as HMC did offer to look into my case if I had sufficient information, however noone ever got back to me!

No post ratings
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2005 12:09
MUFTI YASIN..

About the inadequacy of just asking...i thought one considered everyhting Halal unless clearly haram (in terms of Muamalat)?? what is the Shariah cut off point?

No post ratings
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 21st March 2006 17:39
i think in this halaal/haraam chaos everyones forgetting that its not all about food, mcdonalds et al should be boycotted for sheer globalisation and the fact that it brainwashes the world by advertising on childrens shows and claiming its following some kind of healthy eating progrmme.
also its horribly unethical, cos it refuses to support things like fairtrade and organic, GM-free produce. plus like 100s of american companies it supports US government policies- and israel.
plus its responsible for getting everyone fat. so even if (fat chance) the food is halal, isnt this reason enuff to STOP GOING THERE?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 21st November 2006 18:57
i would like to share a 'boycotting mistake' i have always been particular on buying groceries from countries that do not oppress my Muslim brothers and sisters, i made a big mistake today, i bought tomatoes that were produced in Israel, i only noticed this when i was preparing the tomatoes, just a reminder to the rest of you. PLEASE, dont make my mistake, it was a hard lesson for me today, i'll be a bit more wiser and aware when im out shopping next time.
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the red shape ('round' is not a shape)?