You have contributed 30.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
queenie, abu mohammed
Rank Image
London
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2017 18:05
Alhumdulillah, the food section on the forum was created due to the number of posts increasing with excellent material.

So Alhumdulillah many more answers are here now.

If you still aren't clear, reread the entire thread, if you still have further concerns, ask your local Ulama or conduct further investigations like we have.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2017 18:57
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I've read the entire thread brother and there's nothing conclusive
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2017 19:09
Guest-166373 wrote:
View original post

Quote:
if you still have further concerns, ask your local Ulama or conduct further investigations.

On a personal level, I can say I've had it and still do have it (Until things changed). But it'll depend on your stance on their methods. Someone who only eats HMC will abstain from eating at Subway.

I have personally done my investigation and was satisfied with what I had found at the time, But it looks like things have changed slightly.

EDIT: BUT NOW WE FIND THE CHICKENS ARE COMING FROM BRAZIL :(
No post ratings
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2017 19:26
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

If you don't mind bro could you explain what investigations you've done?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2017 19:50
Apart from visiting them, I have done all that was in my capacity and posted the results here. Also spoken to owners of some branches. Spent hours on investigating to the best of my ability.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2017 20:11
During my investigation, I also learnt about the old Irish payment book (I think it was for some kind of child benefit or something similar) on the book and mentioned the name of Umar رضي الله عنه as the one who introduced such benefits and gave him credit for that.

Edit: link added www.muftisays.com/forums/55-members-research-group/5056-m...
No post ratings
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2017 20:25
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Would that include chicken items also? Or just meat
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2017 20:51
Poultry is chicken, hope that makes it clear. Please read the thread posts in case you missed something.
No post ratings
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2017 10:19
Got a reply back from them

Wa aleikum assalam br. Abdul Qahar,

Thank you for your e-mail, Islamic Foundation of Ireland supply Halal
Certificate to Subway. The answer to your enquiry are as follow:

1- The beef and the lamb are slaughtered in Ireland in factory which they
have Muslim slaughter men and Muslim supervisor. For the Bird they were
slaughtered in Brazil with Muslim slaughter men with supervision from the
Islamic Society. AS our Imam went and saw the plant and met the Islamic
Society there.

2- The Beef and Lamb are slaughtered without stunning. The bird they are
stunned to slaughtered and stunned to killed. They used low voltage to
control the bird and the bird should be a live before they slaughtered.

3- Dawn Farm Food is not slaughter house, it is process plant. When they do
process Halal Meat, IFI has supervisor to supervise the process Halal Meat.

I hope this will answer your question.

Kind regards
Mudafar AL Tawash
+0 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2017 11:24
Guest-238332 wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah for the latest update. Very beneficial Alhumdulillah.

Point 1: BRAZIL! With all the fiasco going there at the moment :(

But I'm a little confused over point 2:

Quote:
2- The Beef and Lamb are slaughtered without stunning. The bird they are
stunned to slaughtered and stunned to killed.
They used low voltage to
control the bird and the bird should be a live before they slaughtered. [/quote]

I'm assuming their English is not their first language but one get s the idea anyway.

Currently there is a huge crisis over Brazilian chicken, so one will have be even more cautious - otherwise, their methods pointed out will be accepted by many.
[quote]Brazil’s Federal Police on March 17 launched the country’s biggest-ever raids as part of a probe of food processors accused of bribing regulators to loosen oversight, Reuters reported. The crackdown on alleged bribery of health officials included big companies BRF and JBS as well as smaller rivals.

According to Reuters, the allegations include bribing inspectors and politicians to overlook unsanitary practices such as processing rotten meat and shipping exports with traces of salmonella, and there was also evidence that meatpackers falsified documentation for exports to Europe, China and the Middle East.

If the allegations are found to be true, there could be serious repercussions on Brazil’s $16 billion halal trade and exports to Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) countries.
www.wifaqululama.co.uk/2017/03/21/brazilfarud/
No post ratings
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2017 12:27
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

One thing to note brother is that not all the poultry coming out of Brazil dodgy. We assume that as a blanket. I was in khurooj in Suriname and the ulama n sasthis all bought from grocers who sold Brazilian halal chicken. They stated that it's halal as they've verified it.

So me personally, I've got an Alim telling me that they've gone to Brazil and seen muslims slaughtering there as well as spoken to the Islamic society there and are satisfied with it being halal, that is sufficient for me. Otherwise it seems we are going into another extreme where we will only be satisfied if it's seen by ourselves. What's the limit?
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2017 12:35
Guest-238332 wrote:
View original post

I Agree brother, see here www.muftisays.com/forums/82-the-food-section/10300-meat-i...

The issue is the Rotten Meat/Poultry. With regards to the Halal process, my decision is based upon the link above, however, the same company was on the news about lies etc etc. Allah knows best what the current position is.
No post ratings
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2017 13:01
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

As regards to point 2. Like you said English isn't their first language. Basically he's saying it's stunned but poultry doesn't die
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2017 13:11
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Many Ulama have gone to Brazil and their conclusion is the opposite i.e. there is little oversight and system is rife with corruption.

I know Brazil as a whole ia full of corruption and the Muslims as a whole lack Islamic Knowledge and practise so as a general rule my deduction is that its almost impossible to hire and employ and then oversee so many Muslim Butchers and Muslim Supervisors.

One visit to Brazil and interaction with (local) Muslims makes this abundantly clear that billions of trade in Halal Meat is just not possible.

If this was being done in Britain, I could see it being possible but not Brazil.

Agreed that probably not everyone is suspect but report after report puts the entire "Halal Industry" undera heavy cloud and that is for sure.

For consumers it puts the "Halal from Brazil" label in doubt, doesn't matter if some of them the businesses are well regulated.

I understand that your intention may be to protect Saudi Arabia or its Government but I think you should step back and look at the bigger picture.

Lets suppose that not 50% but only 25% or even 15% of Saudi Chicken comes from Brazil it is still an untraceable mess and puts question marks on the whole supply chain.

I hope you understand that.
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2017 13:26
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I made no indication that my intention is to protect Saudi or it's government brother. So don't know how you came to that conclusion. When I go Middle East I don't eat from anywhere that sells chicken from Brazil.

I also agree that the whole Brazil halal Rep is tarnished and should be seen with suspicion. However, my point was that not ALL are suspect and once a place has been established to be halal by a not only a Muslim but an Alim, why should we still make excuses? Why should we try to sill out question marks on it being halal?

So my point once again is that

I DO AGREE THAT BRAZIL AS A WHOLE IS QUESTIONABLE.

I THINK THAT SOME PLACES ARE HALAL

THOSE PLACES THAT HAVE BEEN INVESTIGATED TO BE HALAL, why is it that we still don't trust them? Is it because "our" ulama haven't said it's ok? Or is it something else

Btw no offence or anger was intended or felt when I posted the reply :)
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Remote' written in?