You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Naqshband66, abuzayd2k
Rank Image
London
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2014 00:36
This topic is about sects. The madhahib are not sects. All four combined make the 1 saved sect inshaAllah.

The major things are Aqeedah and not mixing Fiqh.

I also disagree brother arslan.

There can more than one correct method and that is the beauty of our deen. Because these are issues of Fiqh and not Aqeedah.

Since all 4 schools have derived their opinions based on other evidence-based rules, all are correct if they stay within their school.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2014 01:23
Quote:
The actual correct answer cannot be absolutely determined, not until we ask Allah on the day of Judgment or in Jannnah (insha'Allah).

I vaguely recall that was something even Mufti Ibn Adam mentioned in his lecture.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2014 01:46
Abu Muhammed wrote:
Sister, as long as your Aqeedah is correct and you stick to one Madhab (Hanafi in your case) then inshaAllah, there will be no conflict or confusion.

Just dont pick and choose between schools as thats where the confusion starts.

I do taqleed - I had doubts about that but then it started making sense to me.

I started following Islam randomly, both salafi & some deobundi scholars, wouldn't anyone do that if they don't have knowledge? I don't chose to be a GM simply because I lost my trust in salafi scholars because of their ikhtilafat i.e. one salafi scholar may differ with the other one, they self interpret things, and reject lots of evidences that were used by our predecessors.

The phenomenon of divergent opinions exists in both between the various madhahib (I don't question that), and "within" one madhhab. When I follow a madhhab you shouldn't expect me to be not doubtful about some madhabi issues. If you accuse me for my doubts (because you've firm beliefs) and think there's something wrong in my heart then I simply believe you are dead wrong , cos I don't invite them (the doubts) rather they come of themselves.
[And those people who doubt my intention that I want to cause ''fitna'', I'll not waste my time on them and will answer them on the day of Qiyamah!]
If I come across something doubtful I'll not act upon it unless it's ''necessary'', I'll remain silent without passing my judgement, I'll take what is comprehensible, and leave to the side what I don't understand until I maybe able to understand after getting the simplest explanation/clarification from the "Ahlul ilm".

As for aqidah, I've been taught, my aqida should simply be the first kalima and sura ikhlas. It's not necessary for me to learn about other aqaid - ashari, maturidi, & athari etc. I don't pass my judgement about any of them.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2014 02:28
I do appreciate the disagrees, unfortunately neither of you have understood the point I (and Sister Maria) are trying to make, a point which is clearly substantiated by the 'ulamaa.

Insha'Allah I'll soon post an excerpt from a kitaab (my last attempt to explain this issue). Until then, lets just all be patient.

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2014 14:30
(bism1)

(salaam)

The following is taken from Fiqh al-Imam by Mufti `Abdur Rahman ibn Yusuf [page 41-42]:

The True Position According to Allah

Scholars of Islamic Law have paid close attention to the question of which opinion on a particular issue in Islamic Law would be the true and accurate opinion in the sight of Allah. It is believed that the reliable imams of Ijtihad [qualified scholarly analysis to derive legal rulings] and jurisprudence (Imam Abu Hanidah, Malik, Shafi'I, Ahmad etc.) are all dependable and trustworthy, and that their opinions can be adopted by those who follow their schools of thought. It is also asserted that their rulings concerning the various issues of Islamic law are correct and accurate in themselves.

The question we face is: are conflicting views between the Imams simultaneously correct and in agreement with what Allah has decreed as the truth [haq], or is there only one view from among them that is the truth according to Allah? If there is only one truly correct position on a given issue in Islamic law, then we must admit that we do not know which position, according to Allah, is the truth [haq].

The following - an excerpt from Imam Muhammad ibn al-Hasan al-Shaybani's work Bulugh al-amani - sheds light on this issue and explains how only one ruling can be the truth [haq] in the sight of Allah:

Ibn Abi `l-`Awam narrates from Imam Tahawi and Sulayman ibn Shu`ayb that Shu`ayb al-Kasani said, "Imam Muhammad dictated to us that whenever people are in conflict with one another regarding a particular issue (i.e. when one jurist among them judges a thing to be unlawful [haram] and another judges it to be lawful [halal]) - and the situation is such that both jurists possess the competence to undertake ijtihad - even then, the opinion which is the truth according to Allah is still one, whether it be the one judging the thing to be unlawful or the one judging it to be lawful. It is not possible that one thing be lawful as well as unlawful at the same time according to Allah.

It is the responsibility of the mujtahid to attempt his utmost in exercising his jurisprudential capabilities to infer the ruling which he deems to be the truth according to Allah. If a jurist attains the truth [i.e. the true ruling according to Allah] he has the right to act according to his judgment and has also fulfilled his responsibility. On the other hand, if a jurist does not attain the truth [the true ruling according to Allah] he has still fulfilled his responsibility [of endeavoring to uncover the truth] and is therefore also rewarded.

It is not correct for a person to conclude from two conflicting opinions that both can be the truth [haq] according to Allah. For instance, one imam may judge a certain women to be unlawful [in marriage] for a particular person while another Imam may judge her to be lawful for him. In this case, only one of these rulings can be the truth according to Allah

However, since both Imams have fulfilled their responsibility, in making a sincere attempt to arrive at the correct ruling, both will be permitted to act according to their individual judgments, even though, in reality, one of them has certainly erred in his judgment. The reason for this [as mentioned earlier] is that, according to Allah, there can only be one true answer for any particular issue in Islamic law.

[Imam Muhammad then concluded:] "this is the opinion of Imam Abu Hanifah and Abu Yusuf and this is our understanding of the issue." (Mufti Muhammad Shafi` in his kashkol 101)

Emphasis added by self.

I hope that clears the issue. If not, I really have nothing else to say on the matter. Its a simple concept really.

wassalaam.
+4 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2014 14:39
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

Jazakallah for that.

I'd just like to clarify from my end that my comments were on Fiqhi issues and not based on permitted or not permitted (Halal/Haram) That's a bit obvous.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2014 14:43
Not hunting for likes. It would be better if users here actually read the entire post carefully and then let me know what they think.
[EDIT: JazaakAllah. Timing issue]

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2014 14:44
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Halal/Haram are fiqh issues. One madhab can declare something to be haram, while another can declare that same thing to be halal. Please read the inheritance ikhtilaaf I brought up a few posts ago. Many examples like that...
Rank Image
London
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2014 14:44
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

Actually, you are correct. How could I forget :(

I've done plenty on the food section too and from there I learnt that certain foods were deemed Halal by Imam Malik yet classified as Haram by Imam Abu Hanifa!

I partially take back my comments :)

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2014 14:54
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Here's one even more extreme:

Zayd accidentally touches his mother-in-law with lust. The result:

Hanafi madhab: Zayd's wife has now become haram for him, forever and ever. He can never be with her. Any relationship with her from here on out will be of zina.
Shafi'i madhab: Nothing. Life continues normally.

Can both opinions be simultaneously correct?? No, absolutely not. Are both opinions valid?? YES. However, you follow the opinion of your madhab, and thats it. Period.

Just throwing that out there. Its not always about rafa yadayn :)
+4 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2014 14:59
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

I hope this is the last post from me as we need to stick on the topic.

I went to an HMC certified takeaway (HMC are UK based and are the best when it comes to Halal Food) I was looking at the menu in which there was Squid which is Haram in Hanafi Fiqh but Halal in Maliki fiqh.

Of course my error was that HMC only certify Meat and Poultry and not seafood. The guy in the shop was so confused
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2014 15:05
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

Quote:

However, since both Imams have fulfilled their responsibility, in making a sincere attempt to arrive at the correct ruling, both will be permitted to act according to their individual judgments, even though, in reality, one of them has certainly erred in his judgment. The reason for this [as mentioned earlier] is that, according to Allah, there can only be one true answer for any particular issue in Islamic law. [/quote]

[quote]
Can both opinions be simultaneously correct?? No, absolutely not.
Are both opinions valid?? YES. However, you follow the opinion of your madhab, and thats its. Period.

(salam)

Really good article. It brings more clarity in the topic. The bolded part was what I was trying to say, the blue part is which I wasn't clear about.

JazakAllahu khairan for that
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
London
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2014 15:52
Topic split from 73 sects as this is an entirely different topic and a very good one too.

Moved to Taqleed section.
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2014 19:02
In other words, in matters of halaal vs. haraam, only one view can be correct according to Allaah Ta`aalaa, but in matters of Sunnah vs. non-Sunnah, two or more views can simultaneously be correct according to Allaah Ta`aalaa (although all the opinions of the madhaahib are completely valid and acceptable to follow for their respective adherents).

Is that right?
Rank Image
London
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2014 19:11
samah wrote:
View original post

That's correct inshaAllah