Topic Appreciation
queenie, Yasin, abu mohammed, alandalus
27 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 16th July 2015 21:45
A very interesting daleel:
Taraweeh is plural of Tarweehatun. And Tarweehatun refers to the rest that is after every four raka'at. It is a rule in Arabic grammar that we can use plural for 3 or more, and not two. So 8 raka'at can't be called taraweeh as there are only two tarweehas in case of 8 raka'at.
Taken from Moulana Ilyas Ghuman's bayan.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
India
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 19th December 2015 15:02
Imam Bukhari reported in his book al-Kuna:
Abu al-Khusaib رضي الله عنه narrated that Suwaid bin Ghafalah رضي الله عنه always led us in offering “twenty raka’at Salat (al-Taraweeh)” in the month of Ramadan. [al-Kuna Volume 002, Hadith Number 234]
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2016 13:26
JazakAllah
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2016 19:00

Like this Brother says...Taraweeh is 20 Rakaat

+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 8th June 2016 10:50
Quote:
Ustadh Abdus Shakoor brooks on Twitter and Facebook :

"According to the Maliki School 20 rakahs is the practice to be upheld in the mosque that the Imam should perform. As for the number of rakah's *an individual praying behind the imam* should perform, then whatever amount is easy for him (no specific number, although more is better). Remember the objective of Tarāwīh is to seek Allāh's forgiveness and have sins removed: let's not get so caught up in the "numbers" debate. To each their own."

"Reciting the entire Qurān in Tarāwīh according to Imam Mālik is not sunnah period. Although Khatm of Qurān is Sunnah in general it is not part of the Sunnah of Tarāwīh specifically."

"36 is not the relied upon view in the Maliki school."

+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 8th June 2016 10:55
+3 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 9th June 2016 02:42

Concerned wrote:
View original post

can malikis pray their qadha salah behind the imam praying taraweeh? i believe shafis can do so.

sometimes we should give a person an alternative instead of saying it is haram.. because if a person is weak and shaytan and nafs make it seem overwhelming, then they won't pray fardh qadha and they won't pray nafl taraweeh either.

a large part of the ummah has qadha salah to pray but don't have the himmat to pray it all on their own...it helps if they can join in the 20 rakat taraweeh as a muqtadi. by the end of ramadan, they would have finished 300 fajr.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 9th June 2016 04:45
I agree with the above and I think there are recommendations as to how shafis can read their taraweeh even though they have missed salah, by praying qadha as you mentioned above or just follow the hanafi MADHHAB in this matter, but it's best to confirm and to see if this is also allowed according to the Malik's. I just posted this to show the different views , as growing up it SEEMED as if taraweeh was fard
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 9th June 2016 11:56
Are there any authentic narrations that confirm that Taraweeh was 20 even during the rein of Uthman (RA)?
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 9th June 2016 19:20
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 11th June 2016 17:11
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Jazak'Allah brother.

I'll have a listen when I get a chance, however, I'm just after references.
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 15th June 2016 10:14

Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

وأَكْثَرُ أهْلِ العِلمِ على ما رُوِيَ عن عليٍّ وعُمر وغَيْرِهِمَا مِنْ أَصحابِ النبيِّ عِشْرِينَ رَكْعَةً. وَهُوَ قَوْلُ الثَّوْرِيِّ وابنِ المُبَارَكِ والشَّافِعيِّ رحمه الله. وقَالَ الشَّافِعيُّ: وهَكَذَا أدْرَكْتُ بِبَلَدِنَا بِمَكَّةَ، يُصَلُّونَ عِشْرِينَ رَكْعَةً

The Majority amongst People of Knowledge, (agree) upon praying 20 Rakahs (of Tarawih) as is narrated from Umar (RA), Ali (RA) and other Sahaba of Prophet (Salallaho alaihi wasalam) Sufyan Thawri رحمة الله عليه, Abdullah Ibn Mubarak رحمة الله عليه and Imam Shafi’i رحمة الله عليه said the same, Imam Shafi'i رحمة الله عليه said that he saw people of Makkah praying 20 Rakahs (Tarawih) [Sunnan Jami’i al Tirimdhi, Book of Fasting, Chapter on Qiyaam in Ramadan Volume 3 Page No. 169 Hadith No. 806]

عن السائب بن يزيد قال كانوا يقومون على عهد عمر بن الخطاب في شهر رمضان بعشرين ركعة وفي عهد عثمان )سنن البيهقي ص496/2

Al-Saaib bin Yazeed (Radiyallahu Anh) narrated that we used to offer twenty raka’at followed by Witr in the reign of ‘Umar (Radiyallahu Anh) and ‘Uthman (Radiyallahu Anh).(Sunan Al-aihaqi, 2/496)

وعن أبي عبد الرحمن السُّلَمي: أن عليّاً دعا القُرّاء في رمضان، فأمر رجلاً بأن يصلّي بالناس عشرين ركعة، وكان عليٌّ يوتر بهم. )التعليق الممجد على موطأ محمد (1/ 629(

Abi ‘Abdul Rahman Al-Salami (Radiyallahu Anh) narrated that ‘Ali (Radiyallahu Anh) called for the Huffaz Al-Qur’an in the month of Ramadan and asked one of them to lead people in offering twenty raka’at Salat (Al-Taraweeh) while he himself used to lead the Witr prayer.(Al-Taleeq Al-Mujaddad ala Muwatta’ Imam Muhammad, 1/629)

عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي الْحَسْنَاءِ، «Ø£ÙŽÙ†Ù‘ÙŽ عَلِيًّا أَمَرَ رَجُلًا يُصَلِّي بِهِمْ فِي رَمَضَانَ عِشْرِينَ رَكْعَةً» مصنف ابن أبي شيبة (2/ 163(

Abi Al-Hasana’ (Rahimahullah) narrated that ‘Umar (Radiyallahu Anh) ordered a person to lead twenty raka’at Salat (Al-Taraweeh) in the month of Ramadan.(Musannaf ibn abi shaibah, 2/163)

+5 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2021 16:40
Seifeddine-M wrote:
View original post

Is there compilation available online in English or Urdu about Aathaar آثار of sahabah, practices of tabaieen and tab-tabaieen and other muhadditeen from salaf period on other subjects like salah. This not for debating purpose, but for our own information. Gair Muqallids say, aathaar آثار of sahabah can't move them.

Can a scholar from the west initiate, (bismillah) and work on this, "Muqallids (preferably ahnaf) and practices of our aslaf".

When I presented a atharاثر of sahabah on taraweeh, our friend who was impressed with gair muqallids was shocked and he said that he was convinced.

I was listening to the bayan of mufti Tariq Masood DB, he was saying aathaar آثار proven from authentic sources are in hundreds.
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2021 18:16
+1 -0
Rank Image
India
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2021 18:23