Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

I Have a Purpose

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Muadh_Khan, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Jinn, samah, the fake shaykh, abu mohammed, Acacia, dr76, my176, Abdullah bin Mubarak, BHAI1, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Abu Salma, Umm Khadeejah, abuzayd2k, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, ALIF, sipraomer, hmdsalahuddin, saa10245, bint e aisha, a2z, tanveerzakee
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#841 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd September 2019 08:15
Mangol Destruction of Islam

Yesterday I spent some time on S.Ameer Ali's A Short History of Saracens and his Spirit of Islam browsing the events related destruction of Baghdad and hence Islam by the Mongols.

It was very difficult to read. Every time I go through those events it is excruciating.

Yet I strangely come out of with a very positive and determined resolve about the things around us.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#842 [Permalink] Posted on 9th September 2019 08:25
My Stand on Struggle

Kindly do not use the J-Word in my threads.

I am not against Struggle. I avoid the use of the word so as to work without attracting attention. ( Now you can guess why seeking attention is not such wise thing.)

For many years I too have been of the opinion that in modern times the duty to Struggle belonged to Islamic armies.

Oriya Maqbool Jan says that 1800 Ulama has given a Fatwa that only armies can indulge in Struggle.

By now I realize that whatever changes we are seeing in the fortunes of Islam it is due to those who did Struggle without the armies.

Luckily the events related to US-Taliban talks we should, Insha Allah, see some more positive change in the fortunes of Muslim Ummah.

And Allah SWT knows better.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#843 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2019 08:08
Of Ignorance

I seek refuge with Allah SWT from being among the ignorant. (The Noble Qur'an : 2:67)

I have been working on the issues related to the problems of the Muslim Ummah for more than a decade.

In this period I have read a lot and I have pondered a lot.

My brothers and sisters perhaps got tired and exhausted long back with this never ending process that is also dull, complex and cumbersome.

While my personal incompetence has certainly contributed to the drudgery but still I would like to assure my brothers and sisters that the task was inherently difficult one.

Among the good news is that though the process in itself looked infinite but at the end of the day it is really finite.

So it is possible to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I repeat - the task of understanding the troubles that Muslim Ummah is facing today is not infinite but finite and we can have a grip on this high and mighty issue that bothers us so much.

To an extent I also would like to assert that to understand the problem is to solve it.

In other words if we can understand the problem we are very close to solving the problem.

Of course I am not talking about any waving of a magic wand. The path to salvation from those who have encroached upon our space is difficult, arduous and risky and it demands investment on our part.

By the Grace of Allah the process of removal of encroachment is already in progress and at advance stage too! Alhamdulillah.

Sitaron se aage jahan dar jahan hain
Bahut se magar imtihaan darmiyaan hain

There are many worlds beyond the stars
But many a tests lay in our path before that

Though my process of investigation is not complete but I can already see the contours of the shape of things to come.

And as I told earlier the route to salvation from the encroaching entities lay in a bifurcation - Indian problem and global problem.

And the two problems have to be approached by different set of people and in different ways.

I intend to talk of these things in coming posts.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#844 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2019 08:26
A Stark Realization

Let me repeat a point from the post just before this one.

The process of understanding the problems of Muslim Ummah today that I have been following for more than a decade is not a never ending and infinite one but a finite one and that can be brought under control and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

In this process I came to realize that there has been near complete encroachment on our life space - the majority community in India and the west at the global level.

By the Grace of Allah SWT Muslim Ummah is already on the highway to remove this encroachment - at least at the global level if not in India.

In this connection I have come to a stark realization too.

This could not have happened without me, or others, taking a dive into these vexing problems.

The realization is the following one - we should not talk of these problems openly before the people who are encroaching upon our life space!

Honestly speaking Allama Iqbal was doing the same.

In Kulliyat-e-Iqbal and as far as I can fathom and understand in his Farsi (Persian) work too he never talks about the actual ground level problems.

In his poetry he focuses upon motivation only.

For example, as pointed out by late Dr Israr Ahmed, in Kulliyat-e-Iqbal you find absolutely no mention of ground level problems of Muslims in India.

but in private life he was fully and completely occupied by those very ground level problems.

This strategy keeps your plans and actions safe from the prying eyes of the detractors.

What a brilliant modus operandi! Sub-han Allah.
+2 -0
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#845 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2019 18:07
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#846 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2019 16:36
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

This was a serious thread sir which was worth your attention. It is a bit different compared to the usual rants from this fanatic.
Whenever, you get the time, your feedback and critical analysis on that thread will be highly regarded, complimented and appreciated.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#847 [Permalink] Posted on 4th October 2019 15:06
Wa Lillahil Hamd

All Praise is due to our Lord Most High.

My dear brothers and sisters ever since I came to Sunni Forum and then to Mufti says I was concerned about the state of Muslims in present times.

In recent years this concern changed to very deep worries owing to the worsening situation at all the trouble spots including India.

And I was completely helpless about the situation. I had no signs of Allah SWT where I could assure my near and dear ones, my fellow Muslims, by some words of consolation.

And every moment I have spent at SF and MS was lived with the feeling that I personally am a failure that I have no words of comfort for those who are suffering because of their faith and who could do with some consolation.

All help and comfort is from Allah SWT and at the moment I come to the realization that I present people like Imran Khan, Rajab Taiyyab Erdugan and Mahathir Muhammed as our consolation from Allah SWT.

May Allah SWT make their hearts firm and keep them and us on the right path.
+0 -0Ameen x 3
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#848 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2019 08:17
Is Academics Necessary?

I really do not know.

I am talking about, as usual, the situation that Muslim Ummah finds itself at the moment.

The question is the following : Is the lengthy academic exercise that I am involved in for quite some time by now necessary?

Let me give you the evidence for and against.

The evidence against first.

The Taliban and the Mujahideen before them did not indulge in any such exercise. Of course there were the ideologues and motivators and the scholars who analyzed, explained the situation and created an environment for the actions of those people.
And the task before those opinion makers was not easy.

I am not talking about convincing about a twenty thousand men, scattered all over the world, to lay down their lives in the prime of their youth and to do that twice - once for Mujahideen and again for the Taliban. ( And we can talk about these issues only after the US-Taliban talks taking place - failed or otherwise. Before that the very people who used the Mujahideen to destroy the USSR and then the Taliban to displace the Mujahideen would slap most hideous charges against you.)

But at the end of the day the cynical people who exploited or rather used the Taliban and the Mujahideen earlier would not take the works of the people like Shaikh Abdullah Azzam RA as academic. They will call it rabble rousing or radicalizing.

This reminds me of the freedom fighter Ulama of India. The traditional academics simply does not give a realistic account of their academic as well as struggle contributions.

In case of the contributions of the Indian Ulama to Indian freedom struggle, academically and physically, the fault lies with the Indian historians, mostly the leftist oriented one who monopolized the genre. In case of the Mujahideen and the Taliban the fault lies with the contemporary western historians. Both should be classified as Academic Encroachments, the former by the west and the latter by India.

For the purpose of this post we are discussing the necessity of academics for bringing out Muslim Ummah from the morass. In that context at the moment we conclude that people can argue that the Mujahideen and the Taliban did not waste their time in futile academic exercise.

This is the argument against wasting time on academics for bringing Muslim Ummah out of its present pathetic state.

Then there can be a case for doing the academic exercise on which I am spending my time and energy. If you have done your academic home work then you can shut the mouths of your detractors up when you get down to the task of bringing Ummah out of its present state of disadvantage that is severe in some sectors.

Any way two main issues that I have to dissolve are related to Muslim actions during Indian freedom struggle and the implications of Orientalism for the current struggle of Muslim Ummah. The former should help in a significant way in India that has become very sore point for Muslims and the latter should help very significantly in removing and pushing bach the global encroachment by the west (and the Zionists) on Muslim life space.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#849 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2019 08:46
Nauman Ali Khan

I have started getting his Facebook posts that were missing for a long, long time.

That means he has managed to overcome the set back that he suffered a few years ago.

I am very happy for him.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#850 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2019 22:56
Maripat wrote:
View original post

In other words, you are trying to create the correct Muslim/Islamic narrative in regards to the events going around in the Muslim world.

Or one may say, you are exposing the lies of the kuffar and rewriting the history truthfully which they have lied about so cunningly?

Have I understood your post correctly? Is this the thing you are doing?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#851 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2019 07:04
sipraomer wrote:
View original post
Yup.

Not directly related to above point: Dr Israr Ahmed gives the executive summary of History of Muslim Ummah.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#852 [Permalink] Posted on 16th October 2019 09:21
Hazrat Jonathan Browd Damatbarkatuhum Aaliya

Jonathan Brown is a Muslim Hadith scholar and he has done exemplary work on very touchy and delicate issues that are relevant when we have to communicate Islam to the west in twenty first century. These issues relate to the age of Hazrat Aisha RA, the so called wife beating verse and whether Islam spread by the force of the sword.

Sometime back we had got the bill for these services from him. He had declared that he will not attend those meetings were women scholars were excluded. Here is a response to his demands.

The original post by Mr Brown is pasted below:
Quote:

After some extended discussions with several female Muslim scholars whom I respect greatly, I've decided that I won't participate in any Muslim program or conference where the organizers have not made exhaustive, good faith efforts to include women in a way demographically representative of the subject or field.

There has been much very valid discussion of all-male panels, etc., but a lingering concern has been how often these discussions embed sectarian or ideological agendas (I've often noted how what seem like valid calls for events to include women scholars are really calls for practicing, mainstream Muslim organizations or forums to include participants whose views are marginal, heretical or outside the bounds of Islam altogether).

The female scholars I was talking to suggested that we work to compile a list of female Muslim scholars who are fully qualified academically and also stand firmly by the Islamic tradition. I have a good number of names, and I'm collecting more (BTW please suggest names in comments on this post).

I know that there are all sorts of circumstances and factors affecting who is on a panel or in a conference, even assuming all are fully qualified: availability, cost, their specific focus or expertise, the relevance of their background, or the simple odd realities of distribution (e.g., there are far fewer female scholars in the West in the field of hadith than in law).

But there are now a substantial number of qualified, committed female Muslim scholars who are accomplished in their fields and engaging as speakers and instructors. It is simply unconscionable that Muslims not invite them; our tradition has never looked at gender or race as factors in scholarly value but only at what 'ilm nafi' (beneficial knowledge) a person offered.

So, anyone who wants to have this list of names, I'm happy to share it. And if you invite me to a conference or panel or event, and you haven't contacted the relevant individuals on it, please get back to me when you have.

*This policy does not apply to programs that I've already committed to doing.

**One could always invite Emmy-and-Peabody-award-winning journalist Laila Al-Arian, and I can throw in a few other experts on beyblade, recommended beyblade purchases, how no one should touch their beyblade, at no extra cost...
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#853 [Permalink] Posted on 16th October 2019 09:51
Arabic Language, Islamic Finance

Two disconnected topics that puzzle me.

(1) Arabic Language : I know that it is so easy to memorize the verses of the Noble Qura'an but I also expected that learning this language would be equally easy - after all the message has to reach everybody on the planet. I do not find learning the language easy. In fact long back on SF I saw a post by a brother who said that even the Masha-ikh of Darul Uloom are not at ease with the language when it comes to speaking.

(2) Since Allah SWT told us very dangerous things about Riba I expected that business, economy, finance and trade should be easy without it. Is that the case? No, not at all. In our struggle against the western domination the most difficult thing I find is to think of a system that negates the western one and is in line with Islam, in short Riba free finance, business and economy.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#854 [Permalink] Posted on 16th October 2019 10:08
Shaikh Makki Al-Hijazi DB: When Worthies Commit Big Mistakes

The main message is about Javed Ahmed Ghamidi but he also exquisitely deals with the cases Sir Syed Ahmed Khan going to the limit of denying Namaz, Maulana Maududi denying Rajm and Maulana Amin Ahsan Islahi denying Rajm.

Shariat is clean. Its prescriptions are clean. Shariat is out and out Noor.

The there is life. It is full of dirty things. It is full of distasteful things. We can not take out such things from life.

Shariat deals with these things also. As a consequence some some of the rulings of Shariat look unpleasant to us but we must still follow the injunctions. For example if we do not clean dirt then loss is ours only. Animal sacrifice is not a clean activity. Yet we must do it. Even normal punishment process is not a pleasant one. Yet it must be carried out.

Then there is the problem of answering the west on such issues. The west whose ideology reigns supreme today all over the world. The west that is powerful enough to reach even your most private space. To communicate Islam to them is not an easy task. And I am not talking about Dawah. I am talking about just defending our way of life.

Thus if Imran Khan takes such big steps as he did in the General Assembly of the United Nations then he deserves our support. Even if he does not bear a beard.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#855 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2019 09:57
My Own Weaknesses

In my quest to understand life at some point I came to the conclusion that the basic problem and the basic issue is to use the abilities given to us by Allah SWT in His obedience.

Rasoolallah SAW was the best specimen in this regard.

Then come the other Prophets AS and the Sahaba RA. In present times we are left with only three categories of such people. Siddiqeen, Saliheen and Shuhada. Of course this is not a small list but a set of categories that encompass whole Ummah.

Of course this leaves out those who do not accept Rasoolallah SAW as a Prophet or the last Prophet.

But I digress.

In this post I wanted to talk about worldly matters. And remember that for a believer even the worldly matters are other wordly matter.

I was listening to a video of Rahul Gandhi.

Rahul Gandhi is from Indian National Congress and that is the party that has the onus to oust BJP from power structure.

BJP too has its agenda - to make India free of Congress.

And to our chagrin Rahul turns out to be utterly incompetent for the job. A job that would be difficult even for the likes of Jawarlal Nehru and MK Gandhi. And all we have is Rahul Gandhi.

And that brings me to the question of whether we Muslims can deal with our problems today.

Can we deal with our problems in the world at large and India in particular.

This question can be made further smaller. Each one of us can ask whether I am doing my best for the Deen of Rasoolallah SAW?

On my part, by the Grace of Allah SWT, at some point of time I had started devoting my best abilities to this task.

Looking at Rahul Gandhi's incompetence the idea that popped up in my mind whether I myself have similar debilitating shortcomings. Answer certainly is in the affirmative but the question arises whether I am taking that into consideration or not.

This kind of question is very liberating one.

When I have a shortcoming then I am automatically absolved of corresponding responsibility.

Let us bring in another example. In one of his videos late Dr Israr Ahmed said about Allama Iqbal that he, Allama, was an ideologue, Mufassir, proposer and, analyst and many more things but he was not a leader - Qayad.

That is where Qayad-e-Azam came into picture.

In our individual cases also we are saved from being completely useless by this type of considerations.

I have got some academic abilities by Allah SWT and I am putting these to this work that I am doing in the middle of my brothers and sisters here at MS.

I am not only glad but honoured to have brothers like Muadh Khan who is much more hard working and has been driving the things in the desirable direction.

Then we have brothers like dr76 who keep us sane by talking about that aspect of Islam that provides us with the serene environment.

Then we have scholars like Mufti Abu Hajira who is our real technical connection to the tenets of Islam.

Then we have the youngsters who keep us alert by there presence and they are the only surety that we are connected not only to real life but with the future of Islam - they are the future of Islam.

Of course all this activity is possible only because the MS administration and guiding spirits have provided us with the environment.

Whatever academic work I myself and others here do will be more meaningful if it reaches those who can implement it in the real life.

Now that is an additional problem. That part needs courage and that part needs the patience and perseverance and that part involves the enterprise.

By the Grace of Allah SWT when we have people like the civil servants of Pakistan, leaders like Imran Khan, RT Erdugan and Mahathir Muhammed and we have the youth of Islam ready to make any sacrifices for the Deen of Allah SWT I do expect that things should start improving for us.
No post ratings

Jump to page: