Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

who are the

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Soleil
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2014 19:05
Assalamu 'alaikum,

The hadith about Ya'juj and Ma'juj always makes me wonder :

"Ya'juj and Ma'juj will fire their arrows into the sky, and they will fall back to earth with something like blood on them. Ya'juj and Ma'juj will say, 'We have defeated the people of earth, and overcome the people of Heaven.' Then Allah will send a kind of worm in the napes of their necks, and they will be killed by it... 'By Him in Whose Hand the soul of Muhammad is, the beasts of the earth will become fat.'" (Reported by At-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, and Ahmad)

Is there any Scholarly writing, tafseer, or lecture explaining who are this "people of Heaven" meant, and why they differ it with "people of earth"?

Jazakallah khair
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2014 19:13
Coloratura wrote:
View original post

Actually, their arrows are returned with blood to fool them. No one in the heavens are killed by their arrows.

Wallahu alam.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2014 19:22
Al bidaya wan Nihaya by Ibn Katheer rahimullah has some details on it.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Soleil
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2014 19:44
Jinn wrote:
View original post

I don't have the book (really expensive, you know...) and every single info I got online about Yajuj Majuj in Ibn Kathir's detail is only about "who is Yajuj and Majuj". I'm curious about this "people of heavens", i.e. will angels be involved in the war like in War of Badr or will it be Air Forces, etc...
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2014 19:53
Coloratura wrote:
View original post

Sister you don't need to buy the whole set, you can buy the book about end of times it's part of Al bidaya wan nihaya, darussalam have translated it into English and then divided it into many parts. I don't have the book on me, or I'd post some extracts from it if you want.

To my limited understanding and knowledge it will be nothing like that. We all know that yajuj majuj are trying to release themselves on a daily basis right ? When they manage to do so when Allah wills, they will run havoc on the land, narrations mention to the nearest meaning, that they will kill everything that comes in their way, they will be like the waves that's how many they will be, they will eat everything and rip apart the land/ruin it as they go along, they will even drink rivers/oceans. When they will think the people of the earth have been destroyed and it's only them left, thinking they have dealt with the creation on earth then they will shoot arrows in the sky to shoot/kill whatever is up there, the arrows will return with blood on them, on this they will rejoice thinking they've defeated people of the earth and people of the heavens.

Then Esa (as) will make dua and they will drop, you've mentioned the ahadith above.

The rest Allah knows best
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2014 20:00
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2014 21:44
وعليكم السلام

I don't mean to derail the thread, but I'm not so sure about recommending Darussalam and/or Kalamullah.

More-knowledgeable brothers may also comment.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Soleil
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2014 22:56
samah wrote:
View original post

I'm also aware of this and about Kalamullah. i.e. Salafi publishers are known to alter or distort the classical books of ulema. But right now it's virtually impossible for me to get Ibn Kathir other than these Salafi sources online.

To akhi Jinn : masha Allah, 700+ pages O.O.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 29th April 2014 00:16
samah wrote:
View original post

Kalamullah is a treasure chest. We take ALL that is good from it and leave what we know may not be so fruitful.

Darussalam produce some great works too, at the end of the day, we can be certain that the Hadith are not weak or fabricated. Simply stay away from Fiqh issues and study the Aqeedah issues with your local imaam. Otherwise they produce some great books.

Unfortunately for them, they have limited their Deen to a handful of Hadith books, whereas we have hundreds of other Hadith books they won't even consider, so a balanced take in the books available is wise.
+5 -0Like x 4Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2014 02:11
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Jazaaka-llaahu khayran. I asked Mufti Ismail Moosa about this topic. I asked him about publishers like Darussalam and websites like Kalamullah. I also quoted brother abu mohammed's reply to my hesitant objection. My questions:

1. What is your suggestion regarding this? The entire short discussion is in the forum thread I linked to, which is only one page. Should laymen freely suggest books to others from publishers and websites like these, or should each book be confirmed to be reliable by trustworthy `Ulamaa' first?

2. What is your suggestion regarding the referenced book, namely "Book of the End: Great Trials and Tribulations"?

3. Finally, do you happen to have information regarding the question of the sister in the opening post of the thread (direct link to post)?

Mufti Sahib writes:

Wa'alaykum as Salam,

1) I agree with brother Abu Muhammad; although both publishers have alot of problematic works, they also have excellent books as well. However, an Alim should be consulted before purchasing any book.

2) The Arabic and English, both are excellent.

3) After destroying everything on earth, Yajooj and Majooj will not try to challenge Allah. By "people of Heaven", they are referring to Allah. Obviously, they are disbelievers, and their view on where is Allah holds no basis. In the 24th Juz, Firawn also asked Haamaan to build him a stair-case tll the heaven, so that he can challenge Allah.

Since they are doing such a foolish thing, Allah will send down the arrows with blood. Thereafter, Allah will destroy them.

And Allah knows best.

Wassalam,

Ismail

+7 -0Like x 4Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2014 10:17
samah wrote:
View original post

Abu Babu (Kalamullah) is Hanafi by the way.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Soleil
Sister
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2014 10:52
samah wrote:
View original post

Oh my God! Masha Allah what an effort, brother, to submit my question to mufti saheb. Jazakallah khair, may Allah increase you in 'ilm. (Before this, I always think "people of heaven" as either angels or modern air forces)
+2 -0Like x 2