Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 
Top Members

Logic behind reducing taraweeh from 20 to 10 in haramain.

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Thread Tools
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
ssaad's avatar
Offline
Al-Hind
1,377
Brother
271
ssaad's avatar
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 11:12
I could not get the logic behind reducing the number of taraweeh rakat from 20 to 10 in Haramain.

What is the logic behind reducing the length of Qunoot.

Do the elite Arabs feel that Qunoot has started hurting them?
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
1,170
Brother
588
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 11:33
ssaad wrote:
View original post


Well apart from deobandis, others dont really put much emphasis on tarawih. To salafis n Saudi scholars tarawih is just a nafl so I'm guessing they are doing something rather than nothing.

Also they usually take a break after 10 for a few mins so to them it's makes sense to finish at half way point
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,516
Brother
10,038
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 11:41
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post


What are the Medical reasons for reducing Taraweeh from 20 to 10 due to COVID-19?



report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
ssaad's avatar
Offline
Al-Hind
1,377
Brother
271
ssaad's avatar
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 11:45
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post


Are they exploiting to push their evil designs.

20 years back I had heard this from an elder; the local points at haram and says "This is hindering our progress". Ma'adhallah.

I foresee this; It is possible that, we from Indian sub-continent will be stopped from visiting haram for next 3 years. Because our countries were hot spots and we are not that disciplined.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
695
Brother
684
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 13:46
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

It's an ever-evolving, intelligent virus. It intensfies its efforts to hurt you if you become too pious. Hence the moderation in piety.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
ssaad's avatar
Offline
Al-Hind
1,377
Brother
271
ssaad's avatar
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 14:46
fod1083 wrote:
View original post


Ten is better than nothing. But there would have been no harm if full 20 rakats were prayed. And no logic behind reduction in length of qunooth.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
22,936
Brother
9,333
abu mohammed's avatar
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 16:16
Reducing from 20 to 10 means that the Musallees will only turn to their right and left and give Salam half the number of times, thus avoiding the spread of the virus by half ;)

Shortening the qunut also means that the Musallees will be saying aameen less than normal and thus reducing the times any spittle will be made, this reducing reducing the spread of the virus by half ;)

It's not something we need to worry about. There are far more important issues that people need to know about and should be talked about in nations around the world.

Example: What is the logic in people outside of the Middle East following Saudi moon sightings?
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
ssaad's avatar
Offline
Al-Hind
1,377
Brother
271
ssaad's avatar
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 16:18
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post


That is Husn e dhan. Good...
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
22,936
Brother
9,333
abu mohammed's avatar
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 18:07
Ponder over the fact that they didn't say 8 rakaat.

They know full well the ruling is for 20 rakaat and your can see here how it went down hill.

www.muftisays.com/forums/63-the-light-side/11552-you-have...

Consider the fact that there is a pandemic and they have halved the Salah (fard e kifaya). Consider it like a qasr ruling ;)

Let them be and make shukr that they did not opt for 8 and give GM a chance to argue!
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
ssaad's avatar
Offline
Al-Hind
1,377
Brother
271
ssaad's avatar
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 18:11
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post


Didn't get any logical reply for 20 to 10. Neither of shariah nor from medical point of view.

But as you say, let us do better taweel of this ruling.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
22,936
Brother
9,333
abu mohammed's avatar
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 18:15
ssaad wrote:
View original post

Deen doesn't always require logic to make sense.

Else we would make masah on the soul of the leather socks and not the top of the feet.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
abuzayd2k's avatar
Offline
Hindustan
912
Brother
103
abuzayd2k's avatar
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 18:22
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Your leather socks must be more spiritual than mine. Mine are bereft of any discernible soul.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
ssaad's avatar
Offline
Al-Hind
1,377
Brother
271
ssaad's avatar
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 19:10
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post


Ok, accepted without logic.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
22,936
Brother
9,333
abu mohammed's avatar
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 19:17
ssaad wrote:
View original post

Why?
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
1,170
Brother
588
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 20:36
Half a loaf of bread is better than none
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top