You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abuzayd2k, Ichrak
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 26th October 2022 14:32
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
UPDATE

Hello everyone. I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who helped us so far by donating or even just sharing our GoFundMe story and link. Even if we're still far from the expected goal, I think that it's still a very nice progress. There's already 600$ so far and it means a lot for us to know that there are kind people who are willing to help people in need. I'm very grateful to everyone who helped us. I don't know exactly who helped us, but it's very important to me to be able to thank everyone for your generosity and kindness. May Allah bless you all.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

PART 1 Assalamu Alaykum my dear brothers and sisters. I hope you’re all doing well. Today for the first time ever, I decided to talk about my story. Everything started with me. I decided to move town to go to university for my dream program. Hearing that, my mom couldn’t let me go alone knowing that I have always been weak health wise (severe chronic anemia since I was 11-12 yo). Of course, I did my best to persuade her to stay in order to not lose anything or leave everything behind her knowing that she has a good job with a nice pay. I always knew that she had plans to finally buy a house with my dad for the whole family including my 2 younger brothers (15 yo and 11 yo). I didn’t want her to ruin her life for me, but I also knew that she wouldn’t change her mind knowing how stubborn she is. I also knew that she wouldn’t stand such a huge change especially the fact that the city that I was planning to move to is known to be boring with nothing to do compared to our usual big city (lived there for 15 yo). After I officially accepted my admission offer, we started looking for a house that we could rent. Honestly, it was really difficult. Everything about it was hard as if it was not our destiny to go there Allah Oualem. I think it was already a big sign, but we still decided to continue on the same path. Luckily (God’s Will), I found a house and even talked with the landlord’s daughter who turned to be Muslim and was actually looking for a Muslim family to move in. We immediately clicked and everything went as planned (almost). We moved in and we expected better reactions from some family members (my mom’s sister, her kids and her husband) who always lived there and my mom’s old friend who moved there as well a few years ago. No one cared that much. Actually, they tried to distance themselves from us so we were left to ourselves. One month later, things weren’t going that well for us. My dad started panicking about paying such a huge amount of money for rent. (1/7)

PART 2 Since he was so stressed about it, he worked like crazy. Someone hacked him and went through his money and savings in his work app. It made him even more stressed which made me really sad for him and I even blamed myself for the whole situation. Thankfully (Alhamdoullilah), he was able to resolve his problem and got his money back. The major problem at that time (it was one year ago) was that finding a job wasn’t as easy as my parent thought. My dad wasn’t as concerned as my mom at first since he worked as an Uber driver and could do that anywhere. He thought that it was going to be easy just as before but surprisingly things here were harder, he didn’t get a lot of hours in this new city which made him even more desperate. My mom in the other hand couldn’t find anything that suited her. She has a degree in chemistry and used to work as a laboratory technician in a high school (a job that she loved a lot). Things suddenly got difficult for us and the only thing that I could do to help was pray. Another month soon passed and one day, my dad suddenly started complaining about extreme pain in the stomach area which was unusual for him. At first, he didn’t take it seriously but the pain continued. My mom is someone who gets in the panic mode easily so she directly felt that something was wrong. She had a bad feeling and insisted on calling the ambulance, but he didn’t want to spend the night at the hospital. She even called my aunt and her husband to convince him. They came all the way to us but it didn’t work. The day after, the pain was still present so we decided to call the ambulance. She immediately headed to the hospital and I was told to stay at home and take care of my brothers. After that, my dad was kept at the hospital for many hours. We were expecting an appendicitis or something of the sort but it have been too long. The doctor went to talk my mom and wanted her permission to do a certain procedure on my dad which apparently could be deadly. (2/7)

PART 3 Apparently, they found a lot of liquid inside my dad’s stomach and his organs which was abnormal. It needed to be removed immediately otherwise he would die. My mom collapsed when she heard about it. She had no choice but to accept it and leave to rest to God’s will. She was obviously very tired and had no one beside her, but a nurse that went to comfort her. Thankfully (Alhamdiulillah), my dad didn’t die from the procedure but he was still in a very critical state. Even the doctors couldn’t find exactly what he had, but one thing was sure. It wasn’t a simple appendicitis. He had over 10 doctors watching him trying to understand what he had. It took a long time until one of the doctor had a doubt. Based on the one of the many blood test that he had done (over 30) and his intuition, he decided to do a biopsy. My dad isn’t the kind of person to be easily scared. On the opposite, he’s not scared of anything. He’s very brave and put his faith in God but when he saw that many doctors around him with such a sad face, he immediately understood. They told him that they were sorry, but unfortunately he has a stage 4 non-small cell metastatic lung cancer. He was ready to accept his destiny just as he usually does until one of the doctor told him that he only had a few days left without treatment. My dad started crying when it hit him. I never saw my dad crying, he never cried not even when his mom passed away. He was obviously sad about it, but was mostly thinking about my younger’s brother (11 yo) which is really used to him. Soon after, they told my mom the news. She couldn’t stop crying and almost fainted. My aunt and her husband joined her at the hospital to be there for my dad and her. They couldn’t believe it. He was still young (52 yo) but cancer isn’t a question of age. It can happen to anyone. After that, my dad had to stay at the hospital to recover and start treatment. We found a program that could help with all the expenses. (3/7)

PART 4 Alhamdoulillah, my aunt’s husband helped us with the rent. He’s a very good person who likes to do good deeds. We will alway be thankful for everything he did for us. May Allah rewards him Inshallah. During a whole month, we were left alone in the house. My dad was missing and we felt alone. I witnessed my mom crying everyday and every night. She decided to cope with it by praying a lot and making constantly duuas. She had a hard time accepting it. Harder than me. I was still in shock so it didn’t hit me yet. We didn’t want to believe that our lives would be changed forever and that we needed to stay strong and on our feet. December came pretty fast and it had already been a month since my dad was admitted in the hospital. He was finally able to come home so we decided to pick him up and buy him flowers. He was really happy about it and missed us a lot. He did come back home, but everything felt different in the house because nothing was going to be the same again. We were still very thankful that my dad was still with us Alhamdoulillah. A few days later, he received a call from his oncologist doctor telling him that a treatment of both chemotherapy and immunotherapy combined could help. It would make the disease spread slower and extended his life by 1 or 2 years Allah Oualem. As you know as Muslim people when it comes to death we always put our faith in Allah and him only. So when we heard that, we still decided to stay positive and hope for the best. He started his treatment and we showed him as much support as we could. He had to do it each 3 weeks and had some blood work and update with the doctor along. The secondary effects were pretty bad for him especially the chemotherapy. He used to throw up, no appetite, headaches, stomach pain and always extremely tired. It was hard seeing him that week knowing how he used to have so much energy in the past. Theses first few months were extremely difficult for us mentally, physically and mostly financially. (4/7)

PART 5 We have never been that rich, but we always lived comfortably. My parents never left us without anything. They always did everything they could for and I have always been thankful for that. We used to have a certain financial stability, but now it’s different. It’s the first time that we have encountered financial problems. We didn’t want my dad to worry about such things, but it was hard for my mom and I. Even though she found a new job, it wasn’t enough for rent so let alone food and other expenses. Yes, my aunt’s husband kept helping us, he even saved money for us and asked his friends to participate. Thanks to him, we didn’t have any problems with the rent for the first few months, but we decided that we couldn’t keep depending on him. We never asked anyone for help and we couldn’t help, but be ashamed. He has his own family to take care of so we felt that it was too much for him. We will know forget his kindness. He still come to visit my dad every week if possible and always bring us a lot of things may Allah rewards him with good. He was the only one who was so supportive and present for us. Everything already happened, but we regret coming here me the most. Even now, I still feel responsible for everything that happened. Ever since we came here, only bad things kept happening to us, but on the other hand, it was all part of God’s plan. I still can’t seem to accept it. Alhamdoulillah ya rabi, my dad is still with us. But I feel like we forced our destiny Allah Oualem. Now, we’re barely able to pay the rent. We live in Canada and have a lot of family here, but they can’t do much for us except for my aunt’s husband. Almost all my mom’s family are here, but my dad’s family are all in Algeria. My dad’s family and him actually inherited a huge mansion left by their mother that could be worth a lot of money if they sell it which could help us solve all our financial problems. It’s also one of my dad’s deepest wishes. (5/7)

PART 6 Unfortunately, one of his sisters is blocking the way for selfish reasons. She doesn’t like the fact that her two brothers I cling my dad would be taking more money since they are men so now she’s just staying in the huge mansion by herself. She knows our situation, but doesn’t care. According to her, we should be grateful for living in Canada and not expect more. She thinks that living in Canada equals being rich… We quickly decided to forget about this idea since she has no mercy neither for her brother (my dad) neither for us. Sadly, I can’t even work and help my parents financially. These few months, my health got worse. It’s so bad that I had no other choice than take this year off (gap year) which I feel so guilty about knowing that my parents came here for me. As I told you, I have amusas had severe chronic anemia, but these few months it got much worse. I’m really scared. My parents know about my symptoms, but I don’t want to worry them more than they already are. I can feel that my blood circulation and my oxygen levels are really bad. I never felt as bad as these days in my entire life. I also suffer from extreme pain in the bones and joint which never happened to me before. I am always really hungry. I’m having trouble sleeping. Sometimes, I feel hot. Most importantly, I’m always really tired. As of now, I did an x-ray and an ultrasound for my stomach area since I also had pain in there. Alhamdoullilah, nothing’s wrong with that. However, the most important part is left. The blood test. I don’t wanna think about bad things or the worst, but I have all the symptoms of blood cancer (leukaemia). I’m really scared that my level of hemoglobin will be too low. I hope that it’s nothing too severe. I would be totally fine if it’s only a lack of iron and vitamin d. Seeing how my dad is suffering with this horrible disease, I definitely don’t want to go through the same thing. My mom wouldn’t be able to handle it. I’m still very young. (6/7)

PART 7 I’m only 19 yo and I feel like such a disease would be hard to handle for me. I’m not as strong as my dad. My mom’s health also got worse. She already has too much on her mind. She’s in a pre diabetic stage. She also has some weird marks on the 2 big toes which is concerning. Currently, she’s the only one providing for the whole family. She wakes up early everyday and goes to work all day. She come back very tired. I do my best to help her as much as I can, but it’s not enough. Everything changed so quickly in our lives. My mom is a very sociable person and she needs to socialize in order to keep going and stay positive. She misses her friends and old coworkers a lot. Of course, she regrets coming here. She left everything. Now, even her credit score has gone down a lot. So much that even moving out and renting a cheaper house would be difficult for us now. Going back to our old city would be hard as it requires physical strength and money. She’s borrowing money from her friends which she never did in her life before. My dad force himself to work even if he can’t. In such hard times, all we could ask for would be prayers and duaas. My dear brothers and sisters who are still reading, please pray for us. Pray for my dad who's suffering from stage 4 non-small metastatic lung cancer. Pray for me who would have my blood test work done soon and expecting good news. Pray for my mom who’s suffering both mentally and physically with everything that is happening to us. And most importantly, please pray so that we can be free financially so that Allah can ease our financial problems and help us with important decisions. Thank you so much. May Allah reward all of you. (7/7)
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Ameen x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 26th October 2022 15:39
+-2 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 26th October 2022 17:19
Thank you brother. I appreciate it. Ameen Inshallah. My mom always do that. I will try to make even more Istighfar.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 26th October 2022 18:12
Brother, may Allah Taala ease your hardship and give you excellent recompense for bearing these trials with patience.
+0 -0Ameen x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 26th October 2022 20:46
Thank you brother. Ameen ya rabi. I’m hoping for the best. I’m a girl by the way. May Allah reward you.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 27th October 2022 21:10
Ichrak wrote:
View original post

Bismillah.

As-Salaam Alaykum.
My respected Sister.

May ALLAH grant healing to your father, such a healing so that no trace of illness remains. May ALLAH grant you and your mother a complete cure and healing of your illnesses. May he Remove all your difficulties and replace them with ease . And May ALLAH reward your Aunt and her husband and others who have assisted you at this time . And May your financial difficulties be removed Ameen.

I will remember you and your family in my Duas Insha-Allah.

Recite abundant of Istighfar and Dua as the brother above has mentioned. Try and remain steadfast.

When we are overwhelmed by trials in our life one after another we can become filled with despair. Have trust in ALLAH and dont give up hope.

And do not become disheartened and think nobody cares by the lack of responses on here. Most people reading prefer to make dua anonymously. Based on the following narration that Dua made for someone in secret without their knowledge and in their absence is definitely accepted.

“The supplication of a Muslim for his brother in his absence will certainly be answered. Every time he makes a supplication for good for his brother, the angel appointed for this particular task says: Ameen! May it be for you too'.” [Muslim].

+0 -0Like x 1Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 27th October 2022 21:39
Bismillah

The Scholars have mentioned various blessings and removal of difficulties, illnesses, financial worries in the abundant recitation of Istighfar.

I have taken the story below from the
This thread link on Istighfar and its benefits.... www.muftisays.com/forums/27-sharing-portal/12960-the-bles...

A Cure For Illness.

اَسْتَغْفِرُاﷲَ الَّذِیْ لَا اِلٰہَ اِلَّا ھُوَالْحَیُّ الْقَیُّوْمُ وَاَتُوْبُ اِلَیْہ .

"This is a powerful Istighfar memorise and recite it perpetually. Through its recitation major illnesses are removed, major difficulties and sorrows are driven away.

I had a heart problem a severe blockage in the arteries and was due to have an operation. I was extremely worried and prayed to Allah to guide me and show me what to recite. It occured to me by the Grace of Allah that I should recite this Zikr for it is a combination of Istighfar , Laillaha Illah and Tawbah (all three are contained with-in it) When the surgeon performed tests before the operation. He was perplexed he said where is the blockage? The blockage has disappeared.

Alhamdulillah.

This developed a firm faith and conviction within me concerning this Dua ( of Istighfar.)

Once there was an Officer who is now retired. Someone had wronged him I told him to recite this zikr abundantly and his problem was miraculously resolved.
+1 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2022 00:06
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Thank you brother. I appreciate it a lot. You're absolutely right. I'm well aware of all that, but thank you for the reminder and such wise words.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2022 00:09
View original post

Thank you for all the duas brother. It counts a lot for me. May Allah reward you. Both your story and the officer's left a great impression on me. I'm amazed. Allahu Akbar.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2022 00:32
Dear brothers and sisters who read my story, I have a request. I was wondering if you could help or know people who could help us a little bit financially for the time being. Maybe donating money through a gofundme. I don’t really know to be honest. I have never done such a thing. The monthly bills are coming soon and as you know if you read my story, it’s difficult. I would be forever grateful to you. I don’t know what to do exactly. The only thing that I can do to help my mom for the time being is this. I’m not expecting much, but even just a little bit would be appreciated. It’s the thought that counts. I didn’t think that I would do this, but I know for a fact that we won’t be able pay the next monthly bill. It’s the first time that I do so I don’t exactly know how to proceed. Your help would be greatly appreciated. May Allah reward all of you.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2022 01:19
Personally being close to 50 years old. I dont have too much of knowledge on these things.

But from what I have observed is that the Go Fund Me type accounts do well when there is a two way verifucation. That the person setting up the account is actually personally knows to the situation of person in need and vice versa. That way both can vouch for each other.

Unfortunately people are suspicious and reluctant to donate if they are unsure.

Are there not any local Masajids or Islamic Organisations in the City that you live that could help you in setting up a Go Fund Me. And other forms of assistance.? And they could I presume also help publicise your Go Fund Me on Social Media and make it go viral.

And ALLAH knows best.

Perhaps people on here with more knowledge on this can give better advice.

+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 30th October 2022 02:21
View original post

Hello my brother. Yes, I can understand what you mean by that. You're right so as you said I made a Fundraiser in GoFundMe. We humbly ask for your help, hoping that all our financial and health problems will be resolved as soon as possible. Your support would mean so much to us, as any amount in complete honesty would greatly help us in such a difficult moment. It will be greatly appreciated if you can also share our story with your family and friends.

This is the link of the GoFundMe: www.gofundme.com/f/help-needed-health-and-financial-probl....

May Allah reward you all,
Ichrak
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 30th October 2022 03:19
View original post

Hello my brother. Yes, I can understand what you mean by that. You're right so as you said I made a Fundraiser in GoFundMe. We humbly ask for your help, hoping that all our financial and health problems will be resolved as soon as possible. Your support would mean so much to us, as any amount in complete honesty would greatly help us in such a difficult moment. It will be greatly appreciated if you can also share our story with your family and friends.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 30th October 2022 03:21
View original post

This is the link of the GoFundMe: www.gofundme.com/f/help-needed-health-and-financial-probl....🙏

Ichrak
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 30th October 2022 03:26
View original post

I wanted to share the link, but the system here doesn't allow me to do so. Instead, I will give you the title of the Fundraiser and the name of the founder (me). You have to type GoFundMe first. The title is HELP NEEDED (HEALTH AND FINANCIAL PROBLEMS) and the name of the founder is Ichrak S.

Ichrak
No post ratings