Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Mufti Taqi Usmani's fatwa on photography

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2017 17:07

tasbeeh wrote:
View original post

I am not your Mate! Here is the question which you have dodged and not answered.

tasbeeh wrote:
View original post

1. Nobody has given the Fatwa that Music is Halal
  2. Nobody has given the Fatwa that (impermissible) interaction between Male and female is Halal (on or off the screen)

The third point I would like to raise is what makes you assume that a woman is looking at the face of a Man? A Sister came to the Masjid, I was going for Salah and she was distressed and wanted to see the Imam…I stopped and called the Maulana (down) on the Phone….What makes you assume that I looked at her face or she looked at my face?

• She had a need
  • I helped
  • I don't know her, she doesn't know me

What makes you assume the absolute worst in people? Why can’t you assume that Muslims have Taqwa and have caution?

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2017 10:16

www.muftisays.com/forums/14-peoples-say/11589-a-reply-fro...

Dear respected and honourable Khala,

You have not addressed the issue of photography at all, you have digressed (as usual) and decided to dress me down from the pulpit to take attention away from the matter (at hand). This is so you can speak in an echo chamber and nobody else can respond. I have said that you have a track record of behaviour going back many years and Masha’Allah respect to you.

The issue concerns Ulama who deem Photography to be COMPLETELY and CATEGORIALLY Haram. Why do they then to permit photographs for VISA to come to London for visiting family, Chanda collection etc? OR why do you permit photographs for VISA to travel to other parts of the world (holiday, family visits etc). If you deem it to a need (in Islam) which overrides the Haram prohibition (of photography) then why do you need give leeway to those Ulama who use youtube for defence of Islam and Haqq. The actions of those Ulama who deem Photography to be COMPLETELY and CATEGORIALLY Haram but then use photographs for VISA practically demonstrates that they deem that for certain needs this prohibition can be (overturned).

Mufti Mangera Saheb (HA) has nothing to do with the matter at all as he DOES NOT fall into this category.  The issue doesn’t concern Majlis either because they DO NOT even consider it permissible to get pictures taken for Umrah (VISA).

I am not calling any Ulama insincere or twisted (etc), may Allah forbid!…I am merely pointing out that their actions point to the fact that they are making Ijtehaad about the nature of “Islamic need”.

That’s all the point is.

Lastly, as always I have greatest respect and admiration for you.

Jazakallahu Khayran

www.central-mosque.com/index.php/Civil/video-and-photogra...

Fatwa:

Darul-Ifta Darul Uloom Waqf Deoband INDIA

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

What is your opinion on Digitial Photography? Can youtube be used by Ulama and others for Tableeghi and Islamic purposes?

Jazakallahu Khayran

Ref. No. 38 / 1079

In the name of Allah the most Gracious the most Merciful

The answer to your question is as follows:

Some ulama hold photographic imaging, video imaging and the like to be forbidden while others say that today’s digital photography is not that photography which is impermissible in Islam, hence digital photography is not Haram. Therefore, we say it is better to avoid all kinds of photographic and video imaging. And also it should not be used for Tableeghi Islamic purposes.  

And Allah knows best

Darul Ifta

Darul Uloom Waqf Deoband

PRACTISE:

Mohtamim (head) of the same Darul-deoband Waqf on youtube.

Halalified YT Audio

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 16th August 2022 01:55
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
No post ratings