A Great opportunity while we are still alive is to plan and act for tomorrow; invest one minute of your daily supply of 1440 minutes and reap benefit which no business can offer. Invest 15 minutes and multiply the rewards. We all know that Allah's promise is absolute truth and we should seek it and act according to His guidance.
1. In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Fatihah 7 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Some scholars said that the reward for reading al-Fatihah is more than 1400 hasanahs, so if you read it 7 times you will, by the permission of Allah, gain more than 9800 hasanahs - all of that in one minute.
2. In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Ikhlas (Qul Huwa Allahu Ahad) 20 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Reciting it once is equivalent to one-third of the Qur'an. If you read it 20 times it is equivalent to reading the Qur'an 7 times. If you read it 20 times in one minute each day, you will have read it 600 times in one month, and 7200 times in one year, which will be equal in reward to reading the Qur'an 2400 times.
3. You can read one page of the Book of Allah in one minute.
4. You can memorize a short aayah of the Book of Allah in one minute.
5. In one minute you can say La ilaaha ill-Allah wahdahu la sharika lah, lahu'l-mulk wa lahu'l-hamd wa huwa ala kulli shay'in qadeer (There is no god except Allah alone with no partner; to Him be dominion and praise, and He is Able to do all things) - 20 times. The reward for saying this is like freeing 8 slaves for the sake of Allah from among the sons of Isma'il.
6. In one minute you can say Subhan Allahi wa bi hamdihi (Glory and praise be to Allah) 100 times. Whoever says that in one day will be forgiven for his sins even if they are like the foam of the sea.
7. In one minute you can say Subhan Allahi wa bi hamdihi Subhan Allah il-Adheem (Glory and praise be to Allaah, glory be to Allah the Almighty) 50 times. These are two phrases which are light on the lips, heavy in the balance and beloved to the Most Merciful, as was narrated by al-Bukhari and Muslim.
8. The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said: "When I say Subhan Allah, wa'l-hamdu Lillah, wa la ilah ill-Allah, wa Allahu Akbar (Glory be to Allah, praise be to Allah, there is no god except Allah, and Allah is Most Great)', this is more beloved to me than all that the sun rises upon." (Narrated by Muslim). In one minute, you can say all of these words more than 18 times. These words are the most beloved words to Allah, the best of words, and they weigh heavily in the balance of good deeds, as was narrated in the sahih ahadith.
9. In one minute you can say, La hawla wa la quwwata illa Billah (there is no strength and no power except with Allah) more han 40 times. This is one of the treasures of Paradise, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim. They are a means of putting up with difficulties and of aiming to achieve great things.
10. In one minute you can say Laa ilaaha ill-Allah approximately 50 times. This is the greatest word, for it is the word of Tawheed, the good word, the word that stands firm. If these are the last words of a person, he will enter Paradise, and there are other reports which indicate how great these words are.
11. In one minute you can say Subhan Allah wa bi hamdih, adada khalqihi, wa rida nafsihi, wazinata arshihi, wa midada kalimatihi (Glory and praise be to Allah, as much as the number of His creation, as much as pleases Him, as much as the weight of His Throne and as much as the ink of His words) more than 15 times. This words bring many more times the reward for other forms of tasbeeh and dhikr, as was reported in sahih ahadith from the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam).
12. In one minute you can seek the forgiveness of Allah more than 100 times by saying "Astaghfir-Allah (I seek the forgiveness of Allah). The virtues of seeking forgiveness are no secret, for it is the means of attaining forgiveness and entering Paradise, and it is the means of being granted a good life, increasing one's strength, warding off disasters, making things easier, bringing rain and increasing one's wealth and children.
13. You can say a few brief and concise words in one minute, and Allaah may bring about some good through them that you could never imagine.
14. In one minute you can send blessings on the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) 50 times by saying SalAllahu alayhi wasalam (salAllahu alayhi wasalam). In return Allah will send blessings upon you 500 hundred times because one blessing brings ten like it.
15. In one minute you can motivate your heart to give thanks to Allah, to love Him, to fear Him, to put hope in Him, to long for Him, and thus travel through the stages of ubudiyyah (total enslavement to Allah). You could do this when you are lying on your bed or walking in the street.
16. In one minute you can read more than two pages of a useful book that is easy to understand.
17. In one minute you can uphold the ties of kinship by calling a relative on the phone.
18. You can raise your hands and recite any du'aa' you wish from the books of du'a, in one minute.
19. You can say salaams to and shake hands with a number of people in one minute.
20. You can forbid an evil action in one minute.
21. You can enjoin something good in one minute.
22. You can offer sincere advice to a brother in one minute.
23. You can console someone who is depressed in one minute.
24. You can remove something harmful from the road in one minute.
25. Making the most of one minute motivates you to make the most of other periods that would otherwise be wasted.
26. Remember me and my family in your Dua, Abu Mohammed
Blogs Disclaimer: The views expressed in these blogs are those of the author(s). The blog is monitored with set guidelines. Inapproproate content should be reported on our forums for the attention of our moderators.