Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

I Have a Purpose

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Muadh_Khan, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Jinn, samah, the fake shaykh, abu mohammed, Acacia, dr76, my176, Abdullah bin Mubarak, BHAI1, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Abu Salma, Umm Khadeejah, abuzayd2k, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, ALIF, sipraomer, hmdsalahuddin, saa10245, bint e aisha, a2z, tanveerzakee
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#421 [Permalink] Posted on 27th August 2015 05:21
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I'll write something in the India diary thread, Inshaa Allah.
I suppose I got to leave Facebook and direct all communications to MS.

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#422 [Permalink] Posted on 27th August 2015 06:55
Abdullah bin Mubarak wrote:
View original post

Quote:
A mixture really, it could be the best of times and it also could be the worst of times

I had to make effort to write above statement.
On the face of it the situation definitely looks worst.
Then one has to apply the crisis is the opportunity dictum.
Worst crisis is the best opportunity.
Worst times are the ones when you have the best opportunities.
Of course the tricky part is the these are also the times when the biggest sacrifices have to be made.

This may give the impression that I might be talking about masochism.
Far be it from me. Heady aimless bravado is beyond my capacity.
My only justification is that these are the times about which Rasoolallah (SAW) said that if I get the times of Mehdi (AS) I'll join his party.
And those are the times that I feel we are very close to.

Quote:
Worst of times in such a way, the oppression and the atrocities that we see against muslims on a global basis, the targetting, the hate, the rise of islamophobia, the drunken nature of our own very rules and the biggest of all the blind eye they turn to their own people, this is probably unprecendented and history has probably never witnessed this before (do correct me if im wrong)

Perhaps you will agree that these are those worst times about which Rasoolallah (SAW) warned us so vividly.

If you and other brothers and sisters agree with this then I'll take it as an argument of Mehdi (AS) times being very near.

Quote:
We see the rise of new and new fitnahs, reminds of the ahadith (saw) to the nearest meaning that a fitnah will come and man will think that's it this is the end of me, no hope of getting out of this one or surviving it , and that fitnah will pass and he will think he is safe and then another fitnah will come that will be even tougher than the one before....and this will carry on

True.
But then, rightly or wrongly, I have already entered the Mehdi (AS) times mentally.
That is exciting. So exciting that all the current worldly troubles have been, in a sense, trivialised.
Quote:
The positives are there is more of a revival towards Deen and a lot of people are going back to the roots to learn it, many global efforts are taking place, a huge surge in charitable events another surge is different scholars from different groups getting together and sharing one platform (whether that shoulf be done or not is debateable), so we are seeing a rise in islam too, tablighi jamaat has been dominant over the last few decades and a lot of good has taken place due to it and people are still changing and reverting their lives due to these brothers, other efforts are also taking place due to this effort, but this effort has been the most sucessful of them all. Tasawwuf has taken off a lot as well over the past few years with other efforts and maybe a factor for this is the rise of social media and brothers making full use of it. Views are also out in the open now of who says what and where from so this leads to the individual to judge for himself, whereas before one could argue there wan't as much transparency now that lectures, talks, articles etc are avaialble freely and openly it has been a game changer. Also more and more classes are being offered online and offline, free courses have taken off etc etc

Madaris, Tabligh, Tasawwuf.
Game changing.
This all looks good news. Right?
Quote:
However a lot more is still needed, there is no guarantee that you or I or our children or their progeny will die as muslims, may we all die as muslims. But that guarantee is gone, today it not longer means that if you belong to the indian subcontinent or the middle east and due to your relatives being a muslim, you'll remain one too, that status quo has gone out of the window, the ahadith comes to mind, to the nearest meaning person will be a believer in the morning and a disbeliever at a night ( may Allah protect us ) So no guarantee of iman, need to work on it to preserve it.

My feeling is that some Wasawis are involved here.
Of course we should not ignore the faith in the morning and kufr in the evening warning.
That is what worried Rasoolallah (SAW).
But after that we got to focus upon the glad tidings, Basharat, part.
As told above I am excited about the possibility of seeing Hazrat Mehdi (AS) in our lives.
And of course this is merely a Dhunn, guess.
Quote:
Also in regards to end of the world it is said that there will be no person on the face of the earth who will remember Allah, alhumdulilah we have many revival efforts of Deen taking place however the signs of the end of times have virtually all come, all that remains is the big major ones.

Please get the order correct here.
The times when there will be no one to remember Allah (SWT) is after Hazrat Isa (AS) ruling for forty years. At that time we all will be gone - including Hazrat Isa (AS). That is not our time.
That will be the time of worst people on earth.
Quote:
A mixture of thoughts so walahualam, if we live in the best of time or the worst of times, but one thing is for sure if we work in deen and help it then the rewards will be phenomenal due to the era of fitnah that we live in.

Actually here some confusions are there.
What should we do just before the appearance of hazrat Mehdi (AS)?
I do not know.
May be these are the times when we keep ourselves mostly to our houses.
Allah (SWT) knows better.
Walahualam and may we all die as muslims and be raised with the righteous
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#423 [Permalink] Posted on 27th August 2015 07:13
This idea of female fighting brigades of armies in some countries the world over is amongst the most nauseating phenomena I have ever come across.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#424 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2015 12:56
The Ground Reality from the New York Book Review

Quote:
Reports from The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Reuters, and Vice News over the last twelve months have shown that many Sunnis in Iraq and Syria now feel that ISIS is the only plausible guarantor of order and security in the civil war, and their only defense against brutal retribution from the Damascus and Baghdad governments.

Source : NYBR
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#425 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd September 2015 07:27
Walk with the Devil

Walk with the Devil: Evil Bargains and the Islamic State

Patrick Porter

September 2, 2015
Quote:

How to counter the Islamic State is an especially difficult problem for Western policymakers, but the issue of compromise, and which devil to dance with, cannot be dodged forever.

This is what I have been thinking lately but did not have the courage to say it openly.
Sooner or later some one has to talk to ISIS.
Quote:
“My children,” President Franklin Roosevelt pronounced in his fatherly way in November 1942, “it is permitted you in time of grave danger to walk with the devil until you have crossed the bridge.” It was an old Balkan proverb. The bridge of his time was the war against Nazism — barbarism without limit — allied with imperial Japan, which was carrying out an Asian holocaust of its own. The devil, that day, was Vichy France. At the price of reaching an accord with collaborator Francois Darlan, Roosevelt purchased the cooperation of French forces in North Africa, an important shift in the ground campaign.

These are the compulsions of difficult times.

Quote:
The principle is clear but painful. In a supreme emergency, when battling a force of exceptional barbarity, it is prudent to make the moral compromise of bargaining with the allies that are available. Even if the costs of trafficking with “the enemy of my enemy” are steep. Today, proverbs about lesser evils bear repeating as the luckless people of Syria and Iraq feel the Islamic State’s blade.

Good summary.
Quote:

I am not about to argue for an alliance or anti-Islamic State coalition with Assad, Hezbollah and Iran, or even eventually with the puritanical Taliban or the Marxist Kurdistan Workers’ Party. Those arguments are already being made elsewhere. Instead, I offer an argument for thinking harder about the nature of the choices posed by the Islamic State challenge and the relation of words and deeds.

These words look exemplary bold.

Quote:
To review the situation: Last year, with conspicuous ease, thousands of Islamic State fighters routed an army expensively equipped and trained by the United States, seized a large arsenal of weaponry, captured Iraq’s second largest city, and carved out a theocratic state straddling Syria and Mesopotamia. Their sociology and motives are endlessly debated. But a glance at reports from Amnesty International and the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights indicates that there isn’t much these puritans and Sunni supremacists won’t do in their bid to restore the seventh century, or their version of it. Slaughtering unbelievers and minorities, enslaving women, beheading aid workers, crucifying children, and destroying archaeological heritage all mark the Islamic State out as gratuitously cruel even by the standards of sectarian violence in the region. It marries these malign intentions with the capabilities of a state.

Good summary again though the view point is completely western.

Quote:
After a campaign of air strikes, international training of regional forces, an attempt to identify and support Syrian opposition moderates in the West, and a series of offensives from indigenous ground forces, the Islamic State is still there. It is reportedly depleted of some of its best talent, and according to the CIA, the net result of the campaigns against the Islamic State has been to blunt its momentum. However, this assessment came shortly before the Islamic State stormed Ramadi. And “blunting momentum” was a phrase President Obama also used to defend the fragile gains made against the Taliban. All signs indicate that, at this tempo, the Islamic State will endure for some time to come.

Not Taliban but the Islamic State.

Quote:
According to policymakers in the two countries leading the international effort to counter the Islamic State, this new caliphate is a dire security problem for First World countries far away. For a spokesman of Secretary of State John Kerry, the Islamic State’s “rapid growth … particularly in ungoverned spaces” is an “existential threat.” For British Prime Minister David Cameron, it represents a “poisonous death cult” that poses an “existential threat.” UK Defence Secretary Michael Fallon linked it to the last occasion when his country faced a threat to its sovereign independence, “the new Battle of Britain” against “a fascist enemy.” President Obama has been more circumspect, and his vow “to degrade and ultimately destroy ISIL” implies a greater time horizon and limitation on the conflict.

This has been a puzzle for last one year.
Why is UK scared for its life?
UK is far away from ISIS operations.
May be David Cameroon has more intelligence reports than he is publicizing.
May be they really fear that the Islamic State might bring UK under their control.
But at the moment it looks very far fetched.

Quote:
Unlike Roosevelt, today’s policymakers deploy high moral diction without recognizing the dilemmas that come with it. They use the rhetoric of rollback, branding the Islamic State as an existential threat that must be smashed. But in their actions, they adopt a more limited and hesitant mixture of policies more suited to a containment strategy. Judged by leaders’ words, the Islamic State is intolerable. Judged by the same leaders’ deeds, it is a lesser threat requiring less urgent measures that can be patiently and gradually ground down.

First point where the present article ushers in the western confusion.
West is the dominant power today.
Anyone else must exercise due restraint while making up his or her mind about the situation.

Quote:
Whatever the reasons for this awkward pose, it is wearing thin. You don’t have to be an international relations scholar to notice the dissonance between Fallon’s likening of the war to the Battle of Britain and the modest commitment of eight Tornado jets to the struggle, supplemented by drones. If we are to believe that this is a fight for all we hold most dear, it is little wonder that the former Chief of the Defence Staff draws the logical conclusion that the West must put “tens of thousands” of trainers on the ground, and fast: “If you want to get rid of them we need to effectively get on a war footing.”

This is some more input to bring home the point that the west is confused about the Islamic State.
(1) On one hand they take the Islamic state as an existential threat.
(2) At the same time their committment towards actual fight is very limited.

One conclusion is rather clear by now.
The west is facing a security situation at this juncture that is not tilted in their favour as of now.

Quote:
But the war footing has been mostly rhetorical. Deploying the language of a major war to defend civilization, Washington and London won’t entertain the possibility of a devil’s bargain that such a desperate struggle requires. Or at least, not beyond a very cautious, covert and limited collaboration or “de-confliction” that hardly fits the intensity that “existential” war suggests.

The confusion now can be restated: "Should the west talk to the devil - ISIS?"

Compare it with some old rhetoric.
Margaret Thatcher, "Talk to saddam Husain? You do not talk to a dictator who barges into a neighbouring country destroying everything coming in his path."

Quote:
Just how dangerous is the Islamic State? For the fearful, it is a worldwide magnet to disaffected and reckless youth. By capturing Mosul, it has seized command of a sanctuary of sorts, and material resources that al Qaeda could only dream of. It threatens to be a regional wrecker, further destabilizing its neighborhood and inspiring attacks on civilians at home and abroad. Statehood remains a powerful platform and spoil of war, as it confers the abilities to govern, to tax, to levy troops, to make laws. The problem is not “ungoverned space,” as Prime Minister Cameron and others in the security–development nexus like to say. The Islamic State does not “under-govern.” It governs territory a great deal. It does not need a state patron, unlike its competitors in the jihadi marketplace. It is one.

Islamic State has gone much beyond Al-Qa-ida.
You can not blame it for not governing.
It governs too much.
It needs no state patron.
It is a state initself.

Quote:
But is it actually an existential threat? “Existential” assumes that the threatened referent object is just that: one’s existence. Does the Islamic State really threaten the survival of a superpower and its allies? It’s a subject for another article, but the judgement is overblown. Does it represent a threat to continued life in the United States and allied countries in Europe, Asia or North America? This is doubtful. Despite the agony of its victims and the menace of chronic, low-level violence, it’s not clear that the Islamic State could serially carry out mass casualty violence in Western homelands, especially now that it has the attention of security services. On that measure, the Islamic State is a less pressing threat to America than unhinged people bearing arms with more local grievances. The Islamic State may only really be a threat to our way of life to the extent that we allow it to bait us into over-reaction, provoking a panic that leads to the further erosion of civil liberties, and the criminalization of the very act of thinking aloud about the issue. But if that is the main threat, the Islamic State can be best met through restrained counter-measures and forbearance, rather than ranking Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in the league of Adolf Hitler.

The existential threat of ISIS is over estimated.
Europe, America, Asia and North africa do not have immediate threat of their civil societies.
ISIS can only indulge in local acts of barbarity.
Baghdadi should not be honoured by promotions to the level of Hitler.

Quote:
There is also a decent argument that the threat of the Islamic State is pretty bounded, and that time is ultimately working against it. It has attracted an impressive array of enemies around the belt of territory it commands. Its ability to operate faces increasing military pressure. Its resource base is shrinking under sustained assault, as bombardment has dramatically reduced its oil revenue, hostages are less available, and archaeological treasures are a finite resource. It does not have the ability to maintain the sophisticated weaponry it captured, with little access to spare parts for artillery and light armored vehicles. Hitching its currency to the gold standard is an inauspicious move (although one possibly watched jealously by some American libertarians). For the Islamic State, the clock is ticking. Therefore, so the argument goes, it can be contained, so that it weakens to the point where it can be dismantled.

Factors against ISIS:
(1) It has created too many enemies.
(2) Time is eroding its authority.
(3) Neighbours are turning against it.
(4) Its resources are limited.
(5) Hitching its currency to gold standard will not work.
Quote:
If this argument is true, the unravelling of the Islamic State will be very gradual. Containment strategies demand a degree of threat-tolerance and patience. The current piecemeal strategy also suggests a level of buck-passing, of attempting to get Gulf States to shoulder a greater share of the burden and to get the state of Iraq to deal with the problem that is partly its own creation. But to frame the Islamic State in this way, as a non-trivial threat that can be co-existed with in the medium term while it is gradually ground down, is to measure it as significantly less dangerous than a first-order threat, making its defeat sound less imminently urgent than Western leaders’ rhetoric suggests. Containment entails a degree of tolerance and the belief that time is on one’s side. “Existential threat” does not, suggesting a level of urgency and fighting against the clock.

ISIS will dissipate slowly if above assessment is true.
There is some problem in the assessment that it will slowly unwind itself.
If that is true then the threat is not existential.
It is silly to think Iraq will solve a problem created by it.

Quote:
Western governments talk of the Islamic State as a singular evil with which co-existence is impossible. But they won’t follow their verdict to its moral and geopolitical conclusion. Ultimately, the Islamic State controls and governs territory. It shows little sign of retiring or moderating. If it really must be treated as an urgent threat, it can only be defeated on the ground. Unless the United States and its Western allies are willing to shoulder this burden themselves, someone else must do it. That “someone else” is likely to be an actor, or a coalition of actors, we find unattractive, whose manners offend us. Given the mixed blessings of allies in the Gulf, so the argument goes, it is time to get serious about the states that have the will and the capability to roll the Islamic State. Since Western governments are reluctant to send in forces en masse to retake ground, only a combined arms campaign in close cooperation with the lesser evils of Iran and Syria and their ground forces can do the job.

The west is not ready to commit soldiers so Iran and Syria are the only possibility for ground troops.

From the analysis so far it is clear that the west is not worrying about solving local problems - that problem included Bashar Al-Asad. west is thinking of co-operating with them including Iran.

Quote:
To defeat it, someone will have to mount a credible, effective, and sustained ground campaign to recapture the ground it has taken. It is not a diffuse terrorist network that can be suppressed and broken up by a combination of special forces, intelligence, and police. It is not a beleaguered insurgency sheltering in caves or jungles that its opponents can marginalize through the smack of government. It is a state, backed by armed forces of at least 20,000 fighters (at conservative estimates) that commands major urban centres.

ISIS is not a conventional insurgency.
You need someone with the courage and will power and drive to tackle it.
Who will do the job?
Quote:
Of course, Anglo-American strategy does envisage that someone does the fighting. But it does so unrealistically. It waits in vain for the emergence of an inclusive, multi-confessional Iraqi state that overcomes sectarian divisions, reconciles with disaffected Sunni tribes and militias, and teams up with them to do the ground fighting. This may happen, but experience suggests it will not happen at our timetable. To hope otherwise is to fancy that the centrifugal, sectarian forces unleashed since 2003 can somehow be quickly overcome at our convenience. They cannot. The Islamic State is partly a product of Sunni alienation against an oppressive Shiite ascendancy in Baghdad, one that was hard enough to tame with troops on the ground, and harder still to constrain from without. The counter-offensive against the Islamic State has in fact provided occasion for a sectarian purge and dispossession of Sunni communities in Iraq. We can call for a grand constitutional settlement in Iraq that will reconcile the alienated and build a common front. But the wait may be a while. In the absence of such a political breakthrough, we must live with the world (and its correlation of forces) as it is, not as we want it to be.

Anglo-American Hope: Iraq will somehow crystallize and solve the Shia-Sunni problem, overcome its own destruction, take on the might of ISIS and solve the problem.

Not going to happen so soon.
Quote:

Lesser measures — training, weapons transfers — are less expensive and less likely to produce blowback, but also less reliable. One would have thought that the combined experience of Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, and Libya would have pressed home the realization that it is extremely difficult for outside powers to shape politics on the ground in their favor. One would think that by now, we would realize that attempts to promote the forces of good with injections of cash and arms often has tragic unintended consequences, and that it is maddeningly difficult to identify and vet, let alone control, indigenous forces we think we can live with.

The west can not create a favourable government, society and political dispensation merely by sending money and arms and ideology.

This is the best paragraph in this article.
Hope the whole west realizes this.
You can not impose your values.
Quote:

If limited measures are unsatisfactory, this means that someone else will have to do the ground fighting. Western airpower, it is hoped, can act as a hammer against the anvil of ground forces, forcing Islamic State fighters either to disperse to be picked off, or to concentrate and present themselves as targets. But who is to act as the anvil? This is where the picture turns dark. As things stand, in the absence of sufficient numbers of Sunni forces, it will have to be Iranian-backed militias and proxies, including those of Assad, Hezbollah, and the Iraqi Shiites. And this is where we can truly test how serious we are about the Islamic State’s exceptional barbarity and how willing we are to walk with the devil. If the Islamic State really is so bad and dangerous, then we ought to be willing to traffic with lesser evils to defeat it, even if that means our complicity in the crimes and abuses they will carry out under the cloak of war. The recent nuclear deal and the re-opening of the British embassy in Tehran may signal possibilities for cooperation, but this does not moderate the manners of Assad or Iran’s proxies, and does not guarantee that its bid for hegemony is over.

So who will fight on behalf of the west?
Ans : The lesser evil - Shias - Iran, Hizbullah and Iraqi Shias.

Question : Is ISIS brutal enough so that coveting Shias is justified?
Quote:

If, on the other hand, we judge these forces beyond the pale, then we need to return to the basic issue of how to define the problem. The question, then, is something like this: Is the Islamic State so threatening, is coexistence with it even for just a few years so unacceptable, that we should compromise with other regimes to defeat it, no matter how unattractive they are?

If not, is the problem therefore different in its nature? Is the Islamic State, for all its barbarism, one of just many threats in the region that, in the absence of a strong force of moderation, we hope will at least check and counter-balance each other?

Back to confusion.
Is the threat serious enough?
Will it disappear if the west simply waites?
Will they warring entities destroy each other?

Quote:
It will sound outlandish to say so today, but it is not historically absurd to envisage a future where the Islamic State in some form survives and becomes a political reality that the West must find ways to live with. One day, we may see it as one check upon Iran and its clients, or more accurately, both as counterweights that bleed one another. After all, some, like Gen. David Petraeus, do not rank the Islamic State as the supreme threat, arguing that Iran poses a greater long-term problem for Iraq. It is Iran, empowered by the vacuum opened in Iraq, that has consolidated and expanded its power in the region. And it is Iran’s complex, polycentric political system that throws up radicals from time to time, and radicals with nuclear ambitions. American strategy in the Gulf has realigned before. Were the Islamic State to enjoy longevity, who is to say that unexpected realignments could not take place once again?

Nightmare situation : suppose ISIS survives?
West will have to find ways to live with it.

Some general said that ISIS is not the biggest threat - Iran is.
Quote:

How to judge and counter this threat is especially difficult for Western policymakers, because of the worldview they articulate. To hear Obama or Cameron tell it, and the wider foreign policy establishment around them, the world is not one of compromise and dilemmas, but one of rules and norms, one where absolute moral values and material interests are one. We cannot know how much this language is intended for performance, but it does breed an innocent hope that a “legitimate” and inoffensive force will turn up that we can do business with, and which will do the fighting and dying on the ground.

The west can not judge the threat and the possible course of action and is hoping that the situation will some how turn into their favour and someone will arrive on the scene to do the ground level fighting for them.
Quote:

The issue of compromise, and which devil to dance with, cannot be dodged forever. Word games will not do. Some liberal sophisticates would like the problem to be one of nomenclature, focusing debate on what to call the Islamic State, a narcissistic conceit that its legitimacy derives from what Western observers name it long after the fact of its spectacular conquests. Propaganda matters, but historically draws its force from experienced realities. The Islamic State did not tweet its way into Mosul and will not be narrated out, at least not without some strategic success to make propaganda credible.

Such a lucid prose.
No comments neede on the whole article.
In above paragraph - the Islamic State can not be wished away.

Quote:

Other progressive minds like to view the problem through the prism of Western aid, framing a determined fighting opponent as a problem that can be “developed” away. How they would extend a competing model of good governance into Islamic State’s tightly controlled territories is not clear. Indeed the Islamic State is partly the by-product of a protracted and botched state-building effort in Iraq in the first place.

Give aid for more development and problem will go away because people will be more inclined to material progress than violence. the problem with this argument is that it is ISIS that is in control.

Quote:
The question of the Islamic State brings together two contradictory tendencies: the deployment of absolute rhetoric from 20th-century total war with the 21st-century urge to wage such a war on the cheap and without dilemmas.

War is cheap and profitable!
This paradigm is not working anymore.
Quote:
Over a year into this incoherent campaign, it’s time to rethink this odd imbalance. The mismatch of words and deeds betrays a deeper confusion about the nature of our security interests.

What are western security interests in the Persian Gulf region?
West is confused about it.

This conclusion is rather telling.
The balloon of western hegemony is burting in a state of confusion.
Above assessment simply says that the west has no business being in the Gulf.
Quote:

Either the Islamic State is a supreme emergency, warranting otherwise unthinkable bargains with lesser evils, ultimately at the price of supporting a shift in the balance of power in the Gulf. Or it is not, and the real threat is that imbalance rather than one malign actor. Either way, after a year of big words and modest deeds, a cooler assessment is due.

You have not solved the problem in a year and you are nowhere close to solving it.
May be siding with Iran (Shias in general including Bashar al-Asad) is a solution.

Wow! what a piece.

But then we knew all this from day one, that is, one year ago.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#426 [Permalink] Posted on 5th September 2015 07:51
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#427 [Permalink] Posted on 7th September 2015 07:18
We are not anti-west

We are very critical of west but we are not anti-west.
We appreciate all and everything that is good about west.
And there are a myriad good things about west.
Their science.
Their technology.
Their culture.
Their society.
Their civilization.
Their administration.
Their governance.
Their military establishment.
Their political structure.
Their business, industry, commerce, economy.
Their values, their sincerity.

We love and appreciate many aspects of above points and issues.
But we are also critical of some aspects of the very same points listed above.

What is our overall attitude?
That is a good question and we assert that our attitude is not anti-west.

But the west has been dominating us for far too long.
They have been controlling us for centuries.
Now that control and dominance is slipping out.
Slowly but very surely.
And the west is not taking it gracefully.

That is why we have to be careful and alert about what we say.
Our routine and casual criticism now may be taken as base hatred for the west.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#428 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2015 05:04
Futuh-al-Ghaib

THE FORTY-FIRST DISCOURSE

He (may God be pleased with him) said:

We shall set forth for you a parable on affluence and we
will say, "Do you not see the king taking an ordinary man and
making him a governor and putting him in charge of a certain
town, and giving him the robe of honour and flags and banners
and drums and army; and the man passes some time in this
condition till when he feels secure in it and begins to believe in
its permanence and to take pride in it; and forgets his previous
condition and handicaps and humiliation and poverty and
obscurity thereof, and he is seized with pride and vanity, there
comes from the king the order of his dismissal and the king
demands an explanation for the crimes he has committed and for
his transgressing his injunctions and prohibitions. So the king
imprisons him in a narrow and dark prison and prolongs his
imprisonment, and the man continues to remain in this suffering
and humiliation and poverty in consequence of which his pride
and vanity melt and his self is broken and the fire of his desires
is extinguished and all this happens before the eyes of the king
and within his knowledge; after which he becomes favourably
inclined towards the man and looks at him with compassion and
mercy and orders his release from the prison together with acts
of kindness towards him and the robe of honour and the
restoration of the governorship and that of another city like this.
And he gives all these things to the man as a free gift. So he
continues in this state of governorship which remains steady and
pure and sufficient and blessed."

This is the case of a believer when God draws him near
and chooses him. He opens before the eye of his heart door of
His mercy, blessing and reward. Then a believer sees with his
inner heart which no eye has seen and no ear has heard and
which has not occurred to any human heart in respect of the
study of the unseen things of the kingdom of heavens and earth
and of nearness to God; and of the sweet and nice words and
happy promise and lavish affection, and of the acceptance of
prayer and truthfulness, and of the fulfilment of promise and the
words of great wisdom thrown on his heart which express
themselves through his tongue; and along with these He
completes on this man His favours externally over his body and
his organs in the shape of food and drink and dress and lawful
wife and other permissible things and the paying of regard to the
bounds of law and to the formal acts of devotion. So God
maintains this condition for His believing servant who is drawn
towards Him for a considerable time until when the servant feels
secure in it, and becomes deceived by it and believes in its
permanence, God opens for him doors of calamity and various
kinds of difficulties in respect of life and property and wife and
children, and removes from him all that He had bestowed upon
him before this, so that he is left astonished and helpless and
broken down and cut off from his people.

If he looks at his external circumstances he sees things
which appear evil to him; he sees what grieves him. And if he
asks God to remove his trouble, his petition does not meet with
any acceptance, and if he asks for any good promise he does not
get it quickly and if he promises anything he is not informed
about its fulfilment and if he sees any dream he does not succeed
in interpreting it and getting at its truth; and if he intends to get
back towards people he does not get any means to it; and if any
alternative appears to him and he acts on it he is immediately
overtaken by chastisement and the hands of people get hold of
his body and their tongues assail his honour; and if he wants to
free himself from the obligation of the condition in which he
finds himself and to go back to the condition previous to his
acceptance, such a prayer is not accepted; and if he asks for
cheerful submission and delight and happy living in the midst of
the calamities with which he is surrounded, even this is not
granted.

Then it is that his self begins to melt and the low desires
begin to disappear and his intentions and longings begin to pass
away and the existence of everything is reduced to naught. This
state of affairs is prolonged for him and even made to increase in
intensity and severity and stress, until, when the servant passes
away altogether from human characteristics and attributes and
remains merely a soul, he hears an inner voice calling out to him:

Urge with thy foot; here is a cool washing-place and a
drink (38:42).

as it was said to Prophet Job (peace be upon him). Then God
makes for him oceans of His mercy and compassion and
tenderness and His happiness and sweet smell of knowledge of
reality and subtle points of His knowledge, and opens for him
doors of His favours and lavish care and extends the hands of
people towards him for gifts and service in all conditions of life,
and releases the tongues of people for his praise and applause
and good renown in every affair, and urges the feet of people to
come to him and causes the necks of people to bow before him
and makes kings and chiefs subservient to him and completes on
him His favours, internal and external, and takes charge of his
external upbringing, through His creation and other blessings,
and perfects his inner upbringing by His kindness and favour,
and makes this state continue for him till he meets Him. Then He
makes him enter in what no eye has seen and no ear has heard
and what has not occurred to the heart of any man, as God says:

No soul knows what refreshment of the eyes is hidden for
them; a reward for what they did (32: 17).

Source
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#429 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd September 2015 08:49
Primeval Love and First Promise

Humse ye soch kar koi wada karo
Ek waday pe umrein guzar jayengi
Ye hai duniya yahan kitne ahd-e-wafa
Bewafa ho gaye dekhte dekhte

Make any promise but be aware that
A single promise might consume life
This is world where the fate of promises is that
These vanish into thin air, in wide view

All Praise is due to our Lord Most High who made us aware of the purpose of our life from the very moment of our creation. This lowly servant, slave of Allah puts his appreciation of and sends peace and blessings of Lord Most High on most beloved Prophet Muhammed.

And (remember) when thy Lord brought forth from the Children of Adam, from their reins, their seed, and made them testify of themselves, (saying): Am I not your Lord? They said: Yea, verily. [Noble Qur'an : 7.172]

And that was the primeval love and that was the first promise.
That was the pledge, covenant and tryst.
That was the contract and the agreement.

Allah SWT is our Lord and we are His slave.

And then there are the people who kept that promise.
Allah SWT declares that with Pride that is His Shroud:

Among the believers there are people who are true in their promise to God. Some of them have already passed away and some of them are waiting. They never yield to any change.[Noble Qur'an : 33.23]

In English translation these words look pretty innocent while in reality this is ruthlessly cut and dried business with most serious implications.

Even if you remove the curtain from this secret the consequences are serious.

Tha to anal-Haq Haq magar Mansoor ko kehni na thi
Yaar ki mehfil ke bahar, yaar ki mehfil ki baat

When he said I am truth, he was right but mansoor was not supposed to
Divulge the private communication with friend (Allah) in broad day light

This sinner will hence hide the essential truth and shall be content is divulging a mere shadow of it.

Patta toota ped ka, le gayee pawan udaay
Ab ke bichhde kab mile, door pade hain jaay

The leaf detached from the tree, the wind blew it away
When will we meet again? We are so impossibly separated!

Bishnawaz ne choon hikayat mi kunad
Gham judayiha shikayat mi kunad

Listen to the story told by the flute
Listen how she complains of separation

To cry at the pain of separation is merely the first or second step in the right direction.

Allah SWT loves eveybody who remembers that promise and pledge even in the most rudimentary manner.
But those who take the steps to keep that promise?
He remembers them with Pride and in advance.

"There are those who are waiting to keep the covenant."

But one may ask as to where is this covenant in the life of beloved Prophet (PBUH)?

That secret I am glad to betray.

There is that life of forty years - that is in search of that promise.
This world is full of contains.
Our soul remembers that promise but the world puts so many curtains between that promise and our consciousness.

And then came Hazrat Gibraeel (AS).
The curtains are removed slowly but never completely - that is for later.
And then there is the state of perplexity.
We do not recognize the truth when we see it for the first time in this world.
There is so much of dust on it.

And when the realization sets in that one is face to face with the truth?
Well beloved Prophet (PBUH) used all of his capacity to keep that primval promise.
Man is best of creation.
Amongst men beloved Prophet (PBUH) is the best.
Because ke devoted to that promise in the best possible way.

How does Allah (SWT) talk about Rasoolallah (SAW)?
"Your Lord has neither forgotten you nor has He left you alone, you are in His sight at every moment!"

My brothers and sisters so are we.
This is the love affair.
This is the love story.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#430 [Permalink] Posted on 24th September 2015 04:43
Wasim Akram Tyagi

He is a young Hindi journalist having a very sharp analysis on current issues relating to Muslims in India.

Recently a Delhi University educated Hindu girl made news headlines on the fron pages in India. After spending some time in Australia she wanted to join the Islamic State. The additional complication was that her father is a retired army officer of high rank. So the news was that the whole family was involved in persuading her to give up her decision.

What Wasim pointed out in the whole episode that in case of Muslim youth it so has happened that above level of inclination was sufficient to arrest several of them while in case of this girl the whole nation has a different attitude where she is given a very kind treatment. The same kind treatment is denied to Muslim youth.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#431 [Permalink] Posted on 29th September 2015 07:40
Promise to Allah

Promise of Allah (SWT) is alright.
It is always true.
Problem is the promise we made to Allah (SWT).
Are we true to that promise?
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#432 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd October 2015 08:19
Problems of Ummah

There are theological problems of Ummah and there are worldly problems.
Out of the two my personal feeling is that worldly problems are more serious.

We have internal problems like the dividions created by Shia, Salafi, Ahlul Hadith, Ikhwanis and Barelwis.
These are theological problems.
Ummah has survived in spite of these.

Then there are worldly problems.
Take the case of US, for example.
The news is that 23 percent of youth is already disenchanted with religion.
We can understand the issue of other religions but why should Muslim youth abandon religion? That is beyond comprehension.
This situation is created by our mistake of ignoring worldly matters.
If our youth will see material prosperity in western materialism then they will be attracted there.
If they see western
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#433 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2015 05:11
In the name of fighting the ISIS

Russia has obliterated anti-Asad fighters and is poised to send in 150000 troops into Syria in the name of fighting the ISIS.

I hope now brothers and sisters understand that it was not very wise to over indulge in deciding how bad ISIS was.
Beyond a certain limit you have to be very alert.
We have been served exclusively the western perspective on ISIS.
If it was too evil to comprehend then it was for a reason.
The European/US/NATO branch of western perfidy was exhausted and wanted boots on the ground.
But they did there bid.
They created a monster ugly enough for anyone to have a go at.
Russia is doing the due now.

Who is the loser?

Whether the knife falls on the melon or the melon on the knife it is the melon thats cut.

Anyway Russia has finished the forces fighting Asad and we do not know whether they have got the ISIS or not.

There is no sign of respite for Muslims, Sunni Muslims under Asad's atrocities.
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#434 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2015 02:38
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Russia has no money and Oil prices are falling even further, I don't know why they are stretching their economy so much!

باتیں کروڈوں کی
دکان سالی پکوڑوں کی!

😂
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#435 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2015 06:06
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Good point brother Muadh and indeed we should not ignore the obvious.
May be Putin thinks that solution to their problems lie in Syria's oil.
Wallahualam.

But we know this guy is tough.
Everybody saw that in Beslan and just see here.
No post ratings

Jump to page: