Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

I Have a Purpose

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Muadh_Khan, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Jinn, samah, the fake shaykh, abu mohammed, Acacia, dr76, my176, Abdullah bin Mubarak, BHAI1, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Abu Salma, Umm Khadeejah, abuzayd2k, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, ALIF, sipraomer, hmdsalahuddin, saa10245, bint e aisha, a2z, tanveerzakee
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#466 [Permalink] Posted on 6th December 2015 06:54
On Conspiracy Theories

Recently I saw an item on the Facebook that apparently those people are wiser or smarter who believe in conspiracy theories.

Yukk!

I mean I had given enough time to conspiracy theories about 9/11 and after wasting lots of time and energy I came to the conclusion that these theories are really nuts.

Reality is, of course, much stranger than fiction.
When you face real people on ground then it is a tough game.
We have to prepare ourselves for such contingencies.

Let me give an example.

There is a gospel called the Gospel of Barnabas.
It is quite popular amongst Muslims.
A gospel is a book inside Bible yet above is not included in the Catholic Bible - the Bible used both by Catholics and Protestents.

Gospel of Barnabas has rather explicit passages about beloved Prophet (PBUH).
Yet the Christians would hear nothing of it.
Why?
Because they say that it is fake.
Done.

Thus people like Shaikh Ahmed Deedat never used this gospel in his lectures.
The Bible they use has got enough amunition in it for to last a few life times if that was needed.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#467 [Permalink] Posted on 7th December 2015 08:53
I am not into the loop

Like a common human being I too ended up in fundamental questions of life.

Who am I? What is the purpose of life? What are my duties?

Then the personal search for answers followed.
These questions have no logical answer.
These have no scholastic answers.
These have no empirical/scientific/experimental answers.

These are spiritual questions and our intellect is too limited to say much on these.

Only our Creator can answer these for us and He did so.
He did so in Torat, Zuboor and Injeel.
He closed that chapter in the Noble Qur'an.

That is the final answer.

Then there are interpretations of that answer.
In my search I ended up concluding that the interpretation given by Deoband is the closest to the truth.

Being part of Aligarh movement I did end up having interaction with many significant figures of Deoband.
That certainly has been my good fortune.

But that does not mean that I claim to be in the loop.
I am not.
I am merely a customer - if I may use the metaphor.

I consider myself completely dependent upon Deoband for the interpretation of Islam.
I nether have the time, nor energy and nor the capability and nor capacity at all to decide the issues for myself.

Thus I am thankful for Deoband for doing the needful for us.

That is what my relationship with Deoband is. Not of a significant one but of a subscriber.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#468 [Permalink] Posted on 7th December 2015 12:34
Maripat wrote:
View original post

i do read your posts ;)

i find them to be a reflection of my thoughts on many occasions, but sometimes i find the need to tie my shoelaces tighter or to clear the smudge off the mirror that distorts my view :p

I dont wish to distort a fantastic thread so please accept my apologies in advance. you can carry on somewhere else if you want.

do you believe in magic, as in the fact that magic is a reality. of course you do. have you ever seen magic on tv or in real life. im not talking about the swipe of the hands or tricks, im talking about the real deal. ill give you an example, the statue of liberty was made to vanish in front of a live audience and on tv, was it real or camera tricks. could be any right. the only explanation is that it was magic.

can you imagine such a feat being carried out successfully. what if, and that obviously is a massive what if, but what if 911 was really staged. that would have been the biggest magic trick in the history of mankind but pulled off as the biggest terrorist act ever and blamed on muslims. but hey, what if it wasnt magic, but just staged. so brother, too many what ifs. anyway i just thought of this new angle of magic because it was mentioned by abu m on a different thread.

the real conspiracy is what was pulled off on 911 so successfully rendering all other theories as ludicrous lol
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#469 [Permalink] Posted on 7th December 2015 19:47
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

It is difficult for me to understand what people write sometimes so just so I understand things...

You believe that David Copperfield used Magic to make Statue of Liberty disappear?

Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#470 [Permalink] Posted on 7th December 2015 20:55
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

im not into magic and i dont know his name, sorry bro.

ill try to be more articulate in future posts :p
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#471 [Permalink] Posted on 7th December 2015 21:50
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

That wasn't my question. I know you are into Magic because you are a Muslim and its Haram.

I asked do you think David Copperfield used "Magic" to make Statue of Liberty disappear?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#472 [Permalink] Posted on 7th December 2015 23:35
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Oops!

I don't know what it was, but I do know that on both occasions, people were shown what they wanted the audience to believe, Period!

Sorry for stretching this further brother Maripat, I should have stayed off your thread
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#473 [Permalink] Posted on 8th December 2015 04:29
(1) In a sense this thread is to remind myself that I do have a purpose in life - to be an 'Abd of Allah swt.
This in turn will entail defining the meaning of an 'Abd in various situations.
Like what should be my attitude towards 9/11.

So we can discuss this issue in the present thread. My lonely pursuit is by and large over and I do feel like relaxing and letting go and enjoy a lighter moment or two.

Hence we can talk without feeling guilty.

(2) Disappearance of the Statue of Liberty was analyzed by James Randi and the video is on the You Tube. Remember the magicians do not reveal their tricks. It is their life long earning and strangely they want to take that to their grave. But without exception the tricks always have an obvious explanation. They simply practice, practice, practice to get it smooth.

(3) The question is that did someone in US really pull the wool over our eyes regarding 9/11.

As I said earlier the psychologists have found that people with sceptic mindset are wiser.
That means the people talking of conspiracy theories are more connected with reality.

In case of 9/11 my preferences are against above wisdom.

I am aware of western perfidy.
And their perfidy continues till today. Like their policies in Israel, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and elsewhere.
I am aware of these.
I am aware of their deception ever since the revelation of the Noble Qur'an.
Through Dante, Crusades, Milton, Inquisition, Colonialism and neo-Colonialism.
Hitler belongs to their history.
So do Ferdinand and Isabela. The British. The US veto in every issue concerning Israel.

To class 9/11 as a conspiracy theory is like disorienting ourselves.
I had nothing to do it. Most Muslims had nothing to do it. Even Taliban had nothing to do with it.
It was solely a coup pulled by late Osama bin Laden and those 19 Arab youth.

Taliban did not hand over Osama to the US authorities and as a result Afghanistan paid a heavy price.

Having gone through the conspiracy theory angles and their simply explanations on the net it is clear that these theories hold little water.

(4) If you still insist upon insider job scenario then we can part ways. No problem with that. If tomorrow it does turn out to be the case that it was indeed an insider job then I shall tender my apology. In fact I do so in advance.

(5) Of course if we agree to disagree then we got to make a policy about our future co-operation. For example your view will be that US attacked Afghanistan by deceit and hence she is responsible for all the damage.

My attitude will be that late Osama had left Afghanistan and hence there was no justification in destroying a very poor country. Even in this scenario we accept no responsibility for the actions of some Muslims.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#474 [Permalink] Posted on 8th December 2015 12:26

Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

It was a TRICK and not MAGIC, that's all I am saying.

As far as 9/11 is concerned, Thousands can actually walk on that site and Twin Towers are GONE, they don't exist anymore. It isn't MAGIC.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#475 [Permalink] Posted on 8th December 2015 12:36
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

i hear you bro.

theres a "before and after" scenario. what if, i love these ifs ;) but what if the planes were the "before" - magic or illusion or deception or whatever and the "after" is the reality, they rigged the building with mini nukes. how else could you explain the disintegration of steel in mid air. if you want proof, i'll bring it :)

i hope you can understand my post now, im coming out of my midlife crisis :p

nah, just lazy. i can and will do better when i got myself a better keyboard
No post ratings
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#476 [Permalink] Posted on 8th December 2015 12:55
you replied within one minute and i asked you to watch the clip of 2 minutes. i dont know al qaeda or its affiliates, so i wish not to be cornered on this :)

watch and answer the rest of your questions

this clip should start from 9:20 youtu.be/a3nwzX0A2GU?t=9m20s
No post ratings
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#477 [Permalink] Posted on 8th December 2015 14:33
Maripat wrote:
View original post

point 4: apology accepted.

please continue with the thread as im cool with parting ways on the topic.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#478 [Permalink] Posted on 8th December 2015 17:07
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Muadh_Khan wrote:
It is difficult for me to understand what people write sometimes

I understand precisely what you mean and apologise profusely for my shortcomings.

I mean no harm nor disrespect to any member and apologies sincerely if I have caused harm in any form. This is a public forum and people of all sorts of capabilities come to learn and share. I carried out a little experiment and had to wait until someone was honest enough to say some thing.

I shall leave the conclusion to myself and I'm sure inshaallah others will follow suite and correct their ways and make reading more pleasing.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#479 [Permalink] Posted on 10th December 2015 08:26
Maripat wrote:
View original post

alhamdulillah
while the fundamentals remain the same
new challenges and unprecedented situations need transformative and adaptive individuals to volunteer their services.
the old guard must allow and encourage future caretakers/khaadims
ultimately Allah taala will bring the right individuals,in the correct place,at the proper time.
may Allah taala use us all for the protection and propagation of the deen in the correct manner and without riya and any ulterior motives,but Allah taalas pleasure only.
there is no fulfillment in a life which does not serve Allah taala or his creation.
+0 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#480 [Permalink] Posted on 10th December 2015 10:09
Of Parting of Ways

I have a colleague with whom I usually interact about the issues that occupy me at MS.
Unfortunately he has turned into a Qur'anist.
When I started using arguments purely from Nobel qur'an then he complained that I am using Qur'an against him.

Yes, you read it right.

The western people say that a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

Yesterday he escaped a big controversy. He wrote some very mild things against Maulwi Ahmed Raza Khan on facebook and got a thinly disguised threat.

Today I tried to confront him yet he simply did not give enough weight to my forthright interjections.
We must focus on small problem, like ideological clarification of encroachment upon our social, cultural, economic, scientific, commercial, military and political space. And we must leave the theological issues to the Ulama.

I had earlier asserted before him that theological establishment has done a better job then the modern education establishment of Muslims.

Yet he paid little heed to it.

This is a lesson in real life.
People are in love with their opinion in spite of the fact that opinion is amongst the most heavy burdens that we carry.
They shall ignore biggest evidence against their opinion.

To utilize our energies in a fruitful manner we have to make our own decisions.
For example I might have to part ways with above friend.

This friend has written several books and two of them created considerable amount of heat.
One was about political mistakes of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.
The other was a critique of nationalism of Indian Muslims.
For the latter he almost got arrested.
Of course he regards himself as a significant intellectual.
I can agree only partly because real academicians simply do not exist amongst Indian Muslims.

Yet I have to part ways.
Aligarh is simply not living upto the task that it was created for.
Solving worldly problems of Muslims.
No post ratings

Jump to page: