Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

/random

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Desi tadka, Taalibah, Naqshband66, Acacia, member2, Black Turban, Sulaiman84
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1696 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd April 2014 15:23
umar123 wrote:
View original post

No that's fine...Many Scholars didn't marry at all so didn't deal with kids.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#1697 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd April 2014 04:45
Soldier shoots several dead at US army base

A shooting has left at least four people dead, including the gunman, and 16 injured at a US Army base in Fort Hood, Texas, the site of another mass shooting in 2009, the US military said.

Fort Hood commander, Lt Gen. Mark Milley, told a news conference that the shooter was a serving soldier and that he had died on the scene from self-inflicted gunshot wounds after being engaged by a military police officer.

Milley said there was no indication the incident was linked to "terrorism".

He told reporters the soldier, who he did not name because his family had not yet been informed, had served in Iraq in 2011 and that he was being evaluated for possible post traumatic stress disorder.

He did not draw a link between that evaluation and the shooting.

In an intitial response to the attack , US President Barack Obama promised a full investigation.

"I want to just assure all of us we are going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened," he said in remarks distributed to the media. "We're heartbroken something like this might have happened again."

He added: "Many of the people there have been on multiple tours of Iraq and Afghanistan, they served with valour, they served with distinction. At their home base they need to feel safe. We don't yet know what happened tonight but obviously that sense of safety has been broken once again."

'Terrible tragedy'

US defence minister Chuck Hagel described the shooting as a "terrible tragedy."

"We don't have all the facts yet. We will get those. It's still under investigation," Hagel told a news conference in Honolulu, where he was meeting with Asian defence ministers.

Four patients ranging from stable to critical condition were transported to a Texas hospital following the shooting, the hospital said.

Two more patients were expected to arrive shortly, Glen Couchman, chief medical officer at Scott & White hospital in Temple, Texas, told reporters.

He said that victims suffered single and multiple gunshot wounds, including injuries to the abdomen, chest and neck.

An "all clear" siren rang out at the massive base, signaling an end to a lockdown about four hours after the shooting there, a Reuters news agency journalist on the scene reported.

Earlier, Fort Hood had sent out an order for its personel to "shelter in place" on the base's Twitter feed and also posted it on its Facebook page.

Warnings were also broadcast on loud speakers in the surrounding neighbourhood.

Deadliest assault

Al Jazeera's Rosalind Jordan, reporting from Washington DC, said there were chaotic scenes around the base in the hours after the shooting, with numerous helicopters and ambulances at the site.

"Fort Hood is one of the most heavily populated and used army bases in the US and is known for sending more troops to Iraq than any other US miltary base," Jordan said.

In the 2009 incident , 13 people were killed and more than 30 wounded in what was the deadliest assault on a domestic US military installation in history.

In September, a gunman opened fire at the Washington Navy Yard, killing 12 and wounding four before being slain by police. Last month, a civilian shot dead a sailor aboard a ship at a US Navy base in Norfolk, Virginia. (Al Jazeera)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1698 [Permalink] Posted on 5th April 2014 19:02
السلام عليكم

The blog section needs some moderation.. guess anyone can blog anything.. like the nonsense user "housewife" keeps on posting..
she has surpassed 'Pawlak' (of sf) on conspiracy theories..

The lady says shez a nurse and says things even Baba Ramdev may think twice before uttering..

wa Assalam..
+1 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1699 [Permalink] Posted on 5th April 2014 19:07

dr76 wrote:
View original post

Asslamo Allaikum Maulana Yasin Saheb (HA) and the Shura,

I request that you moderate this "Nurse" by the name of "HouseWife" OR put a huge and massive disclaimer on every single one of the Sister's blog because Muftisays (like it or not) is associated with Ulamah of Deoband and frankly her views are embarrassing for a "Nurse".

I understand that you don’t have a policy of censoring blogs but at same point someone needs to draw a line when all limits of STUPIDITY are crossed!

If someone wants to object to vaccination that’s absolutely fine but this Sister and our dear beloved and respected Shaykh (Mufti) A.S. Desai (HA) are not it!

With the greatest, greatest respect...

+2 -0Agree x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1700 [Permalink] Posted on 5th April 2014 19:19
Your posts will be responded to إن شاء الله as admins deal with the blogs. From my understanding of what I read the sister studied but didn't say she qualified as a nurse, although i could be wrong.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1701 [Permalink] Posted on 5th April 2014 19:39
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#1702 [Permalink] Posted on 5th April 2014 19:57
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Report received. Unless the contents are Haram, there's not really anything to block as it's the user's opinion. The only 2 conditions on blogs is that it doesn't contain anything clearly Haram and that it's in any way at least Islamic. Otherwise there's many other blog systems out there for non-Islamic related topics. This blog meets the criteria so one option is that you can raise you points as a comment on those blog entries. Censoring will destroy the purpose of the blog system and everything will be better shifted to the forum.

jazakallah
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1703 [Permalink] Posted on 5th April 2014 20:04
Yasin wrote:
View original post

That blog is misleading and has a specific propaganda. Do not let people exploit the forums big heart to give a blog space.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1704 [Permalink] Posted on 5th April 2014 20:10
Yasin wrote:
View original post

Maulana,

Do you want us to drop everything in life and go after every single one of her blog and refute her with no guarantee that she will authorize the comments? Can you not see the unreasonable of such an action?

When she decided to post she has been countered but to wait and chase every single one of her blog is fairly unreasonable.

Jzk
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#1705 [Permalink] Posted on 5th April 2014 21:29
Jazakallah.

Muadh wrote:
This blog meets the criteria so one option is that you can raise you points as a comment on those blog entries[/quote]

Meaning ...you can raise you points as a comment on those blog entries (that there's issues with). Nothing mentioned about dropping everything in life and go after every single one of her blog.

I can also approve comments that the blogger refuses to publish so you can simply let me know.

Muadh wrote:
Can you not see the unreasonable of such an action?

Unreasonable would be adding a disclaimer to every one of her posts as requested. That might actually require me to "drop everything in life" :)

[quote="umar123"]That blog is misleading and has a specific propaganda

This is a valid concern. Can any of you kindly send me basic reasons why it's misleading or has a specific propaganda, why it's inappropriate or why it should be removed? I will send it inshaAllah and follow up on it.

Ws
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1706 [Permalink] Posted on 5th April 2014 22:02
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1707 [Permalink] Posted on 6th April 2014 11:17
I don't understand why some Muslims believe names can have effect on personality. Doesn't it seem like superstitions? Or am I missing something here?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1708 [Permalink] Posted on 6th April 2014 11:30
Maria al-Qibtiyya wrote:
View original post

Of course it can.

Why does it seem like superstition ?

In ahadith Rasoolalah (saw) told us to give our children good names, when the Prophet (saw) would go somewhere and a Sahabi didn't have a good name meaning he would often change it.

But sadly today people have beautiful names but hideous characters/characteristics. Sometimes I wonder if their name has ever had an effect on them or perhaps their sins ruin everything ?

The rest Allah knows best
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1709 [Permalink] Posted on 6th April 2014 11:32
Bismillah,

As my teacher said..
Yes sister, names do have effects on personality

You will see clear difference between
Hamsa and hanzala
Those who have the name ayesha are mostly very sharp Masha Allah.
The ones having the name Sabirah mostly live in circumstances in which they have to do sabr,( i have seen an example too )
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1710 [Permalink] Posted on 6th April 2014 11:36
I saw a little girl with the name hoor, and indeed she was realy beauriful Masha Allah.

And one can see clear difference between Umar and Abu Bakkar,
Just out of curiosty, are all those who have the name yusuf posses husn?
No post ratings

Jump to page: