Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Please Help me in Pronouncing Daad

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 27th November 2015 09:56
Assalam o Alaikum,

I am from Pakistan and first time posting on this forum. Recently, I have been trying to pronounce this letter called 'Daad' but I am just not able to understand its makraj. Okay, I know that the side of the tongue should touch either left molars, right molars or both. What I don't understand is that does it mean that our side of tongue, consider if we pronounce from the left side, should the side touch the base of molar (the part used in chewing) or the side of molar which is with gums? Secondly, when we have pressed against our molars and release the pressure from tongue, should the tongue keep its position same? Mine usually touches the daal makhraj with tip right after the side pressure from molar is lifted. So please help me, May Allah bless you for helping me, I really need help. To summarize again, this is what im asking:

1) When saying Daad, should the side touch the fleshy side of Molar with gums (the side in which our tongue is usually in contact with) or should it touch the base of molar or should it do both but the focus must be on either side, if yes then which?

2) After releasing the tongue side pressure from molars, should the tongue try to stay in its position or where should it touch next? Consider that the letter is being pronounced alone and not with anything else.

Please I want precise and good answers, please clearly describe the EXACT places of molar where the tongue touches and whatever else.

JazakAllah
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 27th November 2015 10:40
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 28th November 2015 03:01
Concerning question 2 the following is mentioned by Kareema Carol Czerepinsky, who has ijaza via Shaykh Ayman Rushdi Swayd , in Tajweed Rules of the Quran:

(Auth Edit: Img added)
IMG_20151127_225416.jpg
Downloads: 282
    [865.03 kB]
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the red shape ('round' is not a shape)?