Q&A Home » Hajj / Umrah

My mother wants to perform hajj this year

Last updated: 17th April 2022
Question ID: #6881
Short URL:
Printer Friendly Version Email this page

Assalamualaikum.. I am salman from india..My father and mother wants to go for haj but due crona pandemic the saudi goverment set the rule, above 65 age is ineligible  for hajj..my father is over 65 and he is ineligible to perform the hajj and mother is eligible to perform. My question is Is my mother perform the hajj with his son  The son can perform his hajj in the name of his father.. Please advise me in the light of quran and hadid

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

الجواب حامداومصليا

With regards to your father’s case, it is better to do Wasiya (will) for a Hajj Badal if nothing changes. If situation changes with the restrictions then he can go and perform his Hajj, inshaAllah.

And Allah Knows Best

03 Shawwal 1443/ 05 May 2022

Answer last updated on:
5th May 2022
Answered by:
Ulamaa ID 04
Location: London