The 7 Pillars of Faith
Belief in Allah is not confined to belief in the mere existence of a Creator. This belief necessitates the affirmation of Allah with all His Attributes in the way in which these are expounded in the Qur'aan and Hadith.
1. Allah is ONE.
2. He alone is worthy of worship and none besides Him is worthy of worship.
3. He has no PARTNER.
4. Nothing is hidden from Him, He even knows the thoughts that go into a person's mind.
5. He is the most POWERFUL.
6. He has created the earth, the skies, the sun, the moon, the stars, the angel, human beings and the whole universe.
7. He gives life and death.
8. He gives sustenance to all creation.
9. He does not eat, drink or sleep.
10. He is forever and will be forever.
11. He was not created by anyone.
12. He does not have any parents, wife or children.
13. He does not depend on anybody. All depend on Him.
14. Nobody resembles Allah, and He resembles none.
15. He is pure from all faults.
16. He does not have eyes, nose or a body like that of human beings.
17. We should therefore PRAY to HIM for all our requirements.