Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Tests by Allah (SWT)

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.3% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Yasin, member2, sweetmuslimahk1, Taqwah, Taalibah, Naqshband66, queenie, samy.3660, Acacia, Maria al-Qibtiyya, the fake shaykh, ibn Ismail, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, sipraomer
2 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 4th October 2012 10:06
Sayyiduna Salman رضي الله عنه once visited a sick man in Kindah (of Persia) and said to him:

"Expect good! Indeed, Allah سبحانه و تعالى makes a believer's sickness an expiation (of his sins) and a chance for repentance.

And indeed, when a disbeliever falls sick, he is like a camel whose owner ties it and then releases it - it does not understand why it was tied, nor why it was released."

[al-Bukhari رحمه الله: al-Adab al-Mufrad]
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 5th October 2012 10:33
Usually, when a believer falls sick, he cannot do the same amount of good (prayer, fasting, helping the Muslims, etc) that he used to do while he was well. But Allah سبحانه و تعالى, out of His great mercy, continues to record for him the good deeds that he was forced to stop because of his sickness.

Abu Musa al-Ash'ari رضي الله عنه narrated that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

"A traveller's or sick person's deeds are recorded in accordance with what he used to do when he was resident or well."
[al-Bukhari]

'Abdullah Ibn 'Amr رضي الله عنهما reported that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

"Whenever a person gets sick, his deeds are recorded for him in accordance with what he used to do when he was well."
[al-Bukhari in al-Adab al-Mufrad]

Anas رضي الله عنه reported that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

"Whenever Allah afflicts a Muslim in his body, He record (his deeds) for him in accordance with what he used to do when he was well - as long as he is sick. Thus, if He takes his life, He forgives him; and if He cures him, He washes him (from sins)."
[al-Bukhari in al-Adab al-Mufrad]

'Uqbah Ibn 'Aamir رضي الله عنه reported that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

"Each day's deeds are sealed with it [this means that the records of a person's deeds are sealed up at the end of each day]. Thus, when a believer gets sick, the angels say, "Our Lord! Your servant such and such - You have restrained him (from doing any good this day)." And the Lord سبحانه و تعالى replies, "Seal his day in accordance with his (usual) deeds, until he is cured or dies."
[Recorded by Ahmad and others]

[Muhammad al-Jibaly: Sickness: Regulations and Exhortations]

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2012 11:56
The 'ulamaa' differ as to whether a sick person will be rewarded for the sickness itself or for being patient during it. The correct opinion is that if he is patient and is content with Allah's decree, he will be rewarded for both the contentment and the sickness; otherwise, he would not be rewarded at all, because he resented Allah's decree. This is what should be understood from Ibn Hajar al-'Asqalani's رحمه الله words:

"The authentic ahadeeth are clear in that the rewards are recorded once affliction strikes a Muslim. As for patience and acceptance, they are virtues for which a person may get additional rewards to those for the affliction."
[Fath al-Bari, 10:105]

[Sickness: Regulations and Exhortations, Shaykh Muhammad al-Jibaly]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2012 12:29
The Solution To All Your Problems

Shaykh Hasan Ali

Part 1

Halalified YT Audio

Part 2

Halalified YT Audio

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2012 12:31
Natural Disasters In Light Of Islaam

Mufti Isma'il Menk

Halalified YT Audio
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2012 10:42
'Ataa' Ibn Abi Rabaah رحمه الله reported:

Ibn 'Abbas (رضي الله عنهما) asked him whether he would like to see a woman who is from the people of Jannah. When he replied that he certainly would, he said, "This black woman, who came to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) and said, 'I suffer from epilepsy and during fits my body is exposed, so make supplication to Allah for me.' He (صلى الله عليه وسلم) replied: 'If you wish, endure it patiently and you will be rewarded with Jannah, or if you wish, I shall make supplication to Allah to cure you?' She said, 'I shall endure it.' Then she added: 'But my body is exposed, so pray to Allah that it may not happen.' So the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) then supplicated for her.

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 11th October 2012 10:54
Sayyiduna Abu Hurayra رضي الله عنه reported that the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

"When three of a Muslim couple's children die before reaching puberty, Allah سبحانه و تعالى will let the parents into Jannah by virtue of His Mercy. They (the children) will be standing by one of the gates of Jannah, and will be told, 'Enter Jannah.' They will say, 'Not until our parents come.' They will then be told, 'Enter Jannah, together with your parents, by virtue of Allah's Mercy!'"
[an-Nasa'i; al-Bayhaqi; and others]

Sayyiduna Abu Sa'eed al-Khudri رضي الله عنه reported that the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

"Whenever three of a woman's children die, they will be a shield for her from the Fire."

A woman asked him, "How about two (children)?" He صلى الله عليه وسلم replied, "And two."
[al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Sayyduna Abu Hurayra رضي الله عنه reported that the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

"When three of a Muslim's children die, the fire will not touch him - except in fulfillment of the oath."
[al-Bukhari and Muslim]

In this hadeeth, the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم is referring to Allah's سبحانه و تعالى promise in the following ayah:

"There is not one of you but will pass over it (Hell); this is with your Lord; a Decree which must be accomplished. Then We shall save those who use to fear Allah and were dutiful to Him. And We shall leave the Zalimun (polytheists and wrongdoers, etc.) therein (humbled) to their knees (in Hell)." (19:71-72)

And "passing over it" refers to the people's walking over the Siraat (bridge) that will be erected over the Hell Fire.

Qurrah al-Muzani رضي الله عنه reported that when the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم sat (in the masjid for teaching), a group of his companions would sit with him. Among them was a man who had a little son that would come from behind him and sit in front of him. The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم asked him, "Do you love him?" The father replied, "O Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم! May Allah love you like I love him!"

Later on, the boy passed away. The father, grieved by his loss, stopped coming to the halqah. The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم missed him and asked, "Why don't I see so-and-so?" He was told, "O Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم! His son that you saw died."

So the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم summoned him, consoled him, and asked him: "O so-and-so! What would you like better - enjoying your child during this life, or that tomorrow (i.e., the Hereafter) you would not reach a gate of Jannah but find that he has proceeded you to open it for you?"

He replied, "Rather, his proceeding me to the gates of Jannah to open them is dearer to me." The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم told him, "This will be yours!"

A man of the Ansar asked, "O Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم - may Allah make me a ransom for you, is that specifically for him, or is it for all of us (who lose children)?" The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم replied, "It is for all of you."
[an-Nasa'i; Ahmad]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2012 10:42
Sayyiduna Anas Ibn Malik رضي الله عنه reported that the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

"Whoever consoles his brother in an affliction (that befell him), Allah will clothe him with a green suit with which he will delighted with on the Day of Resurrection."

[Reported by al-Khateeb al-Baghdadi and others]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 15th October 2012 11:11
Sayyiduna 'Ali رضي الله عنه said:

"O Son of Adam! Do not rejoice over prosperity nor be despondent by poverty. Do not grieve over any calamity nor be delighted by ease [1], for the purity of gold is checked by the fire [2]." [3]

[1] Sayyiduna 'Umar رضي الله عنه said: "I do not worry over what condition I get up in the mornings - whether it be something that I like or something that I dislike. That is because I do not know whether goodness is going to be in something that I like or in something that I dislike."

[2] In other words, it is checked and tested by the fire in order to differentiate the pure gold from the counterfeit gold.

[3] Risalatul Mustarshideen.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 16th October 2012 14:08
'Allaama al-Firauz Abadi رحمه الله says:

"A times, Allah سبحانه و تعالى tests His servants with ease so that they may be grateful. And at times with affliction so that they may exercise patience. His bestowal and His causing affliction are thus all a test from Him. Affliction demands patience while bestowal demands gratitude. To fulfil the rights of patience is easier than fulfilling the rights of gratitude. Bestowal is therefore the greater of the two tests.

It is on this basis that Sayyiduna 'Umar رضي الله عنه said: 'We were tested by affliction, and so we exercised patience. We were tested with prosperity, and we were unable to exercise patience.'

Sayyiduna 'Ali رضي الله عنه said: 'The person who is given abundance in his material life and does not realise that he has been deceived, has certainly failed to see clearly with his intellect.'

Allah سبحانه و تعالى says:
'We test you with evil and good as a form of a trial. It is to us that you will return.' (21:35)"

[al-Firauz Abadi رحمه الله: Basa'ir Dhawi at-Tamyeez fi Lata'if al-Kitab al-'Azeez, vol 2, p274]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 17th October 2012 10:31
Shaykh 'Abdul Fattah Abu Ghuddah رحمه الله said:

"You should know that one specific condition does not remain with a person in this life. He changes from one condition to another. He has to go through or experience eight different conditions: happiness and grief, collectiveness and solitude, difficulty and ease, illness and wellbeing. A person of insight said: "To remain in one condition is impossible."

[Risalatul Mustarshideen]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 18th October 2012 11:34
Imam Harith al-Muhasibi رحمه الله said:

"A righteous servant is tested with affliction. You will not be able to achieve what you want except by giving up what you desire. And you will never reach what you hope for unless you excercise patience over what you dislike. Spend all your energies in giving due consideration to all that has been made obligatory upon you."

[Risalatul Mustarshideen]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 19th October 2012 16:16
Sayyiduna Abu Umamah رضي الله عنه narrates that the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

"Allah سبحانه و تعالى tests you with affliction while He knows fully well about you. This is just as how you check your gold with fire. From among you is he who comes out like absolutely pure gold. So that is the person whom Allah saved from evils. From among you is he who comes out like gold that is inferior to the previous one. So that is the person who has some doubt. From among you is he who comes out like black gold. That is the person who has been really put through a temptation."

[al-Hakim: al-Mustadrak, vol 4, p 314]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2012 10:40
Ibn al-Qayyim رحمة اللہ علیه says:

"The person whom Allah سبحانه و تعالى created for Paradise will continue receiving its gifts of difficulties. And the person whom Allah سبحانه و تعالى created for Hell will continue receiving its gifts of vain desires."

[al-Fawa'id]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 24th October 2012 10:21
In a single day, 'Urwah Ibn Zubayr رضي الله عنه lost one of his legs and was informed that his son had died. This was his reaction:

"O Allah, to You belongs all praise. If You have taken away, then you have also given. And if You have tested (me) with hardship, You have also saved me and cared for me. You have bestowed upon me four limbs and taken away only one. You have blessed me with four sons and have taken away only one."

[Dr A'idh al-Qarni: Don't Be Sad, p210]
No post ratings

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'ABC' written in?