Halal food in Saudi

You have contributed 25.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Anwarb
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2019 18:01
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

I ate fish and vegetables during my whole stay.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 11th August 2022 14:10
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 11th August 2022 14:16
Didn't Mufti Taqi Usmani himself research this and conclude that the chicken being used in Saudia is suspicious regarding its zabiha? From what I understood he visited the farms in Brazil.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 11th August 2022 14:33
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

Do you have it in writing or an audio clip?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 11th August 2022 14:36
Mufti Abdul Baqi states that Mufti Taqi has not said that Al Baik meat is haram but take a precaution.

6 year old video

Listen from 2 minutes 54 seconds onwards

youtu.be/SvwLpvK23ME
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 12th August 2022 07:01
Rajab wrote:
View original post

I have read about it somewhere, not sure if I can find it though.

What Mufti Taqi said wasn't about AlBaik specifically, it was about the chicken that is generally used in Saudia. The imported one. From what I understand, there are 2 types of chicken that are used in Saudia, one slaughtered locally, another one slaughtered in farms in Brazil. Farms owned by Saudis themselves. So people are usually advised to first find out which chicken a particular eatery uses and then eat it. And since for the average person it is difficult to obtain the correct information about this, caution is the better choice.

As for Al Baik I don't really have first hand information about what type of chicken they use, but when I was on Hajj back in 2018, the catering company that our group had used had some Pakistani workers who had been living in Saudia for some time, and they told me that almost all major brands like KFC, Hardees, McD, Al Baik used imported chicken and they advised me to avoid. This also includes the major hotels there. Plus, the ulema in our group were pretty cautious as well regarding it, so I followed their lead.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 12th August 2022 08:20
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 12th August 2022 08:46
A while back when I asked one brother regarding chicken in Saudia. He sent me a video of a person wearing glasses and an Imamah explaining the situation. He was criticizing us Desi's. He said when they visited a slaughter house within Saudi the manager got upset and said something along the lines of are you the only Muslims and the rest is considered to be ramblings. For me at least this response of that manager is a red flag. So much treachery has been displayed by the Saudis in so many different matters. The man further goes on to be dismissive of people's valid concerns. He does nothing but dig a deeper whole for himself whilst severely downplaying the role of Taqwa in a believers life.

The truth is there is gross incompetence and neglect in the chicken market, best to avoid. Even if it gets slaughtered properly the amount of vaccines that are pumped into them is another nightmare. Similar issues in Turkey cause of machine slaughter. The Sulaha there don't eat it and even told us just eat mutton.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 12th August 2022 13:09
Mufti Abdul Baqi HA says that he spoke at length with Mufti Taqi HA regarding Al Baik, so is it all right for a layman to trust Mufti Abdul Baqi HA and eat at Al Baik in Saudi Arabia? Or should one try and find out what the position of most of the reliable ulama is regarding chicken in Saudi Arabia?

Even as far back as the 80s, there was imported chicken available in Saudi Arabia, and most South Asians were wary of consuming this despite the halal certificate, and preferred local brands such as Al Watania.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 12th August 2022 16:48
When I went in 2008, I personally asked one of the workers of Al Baik and he told me that the chicken was imported from Brazil.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 15th August 2022 06:59
mSiddiqui wrote:
View original post

Regarding the Halal meat industry in Turkey, Muadh Khan did an informative video. Someone did object in one comment about "stunning" which Muadh Khan responded to. What do you make of this video?

Link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsHYHzFpnJY
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 15th August 2022 07:17
Having gone through this thread and the thread links posted in one of the earlier comments related to this topic, the conclusions I arrived at are:

1 - The situation in Saudi is confusing such that different members here have had different experiences and have different suggestions for exercising caution.

2- The Saudi local people, whether the Ulama or the general population, do not seem too concerned about this issue. This is not surprising because it is generally the Sub Continental people and Ulama who are strictest in this matter. Salafis seem more relaxed (this is not a fatwa, just a casual observation).

I am not too sure about the Hanafis and other Muqalideen outside the subcontinent but I know that many Arabs (regardless of country of origin) in Western countries eat meat (except pork) without caring about Halal/Haram status let alone get into the hand slaughtered vs mechanical slaughtered debate.

3- Mufti Taqi Usmani Sahib (HA) has works on this subject (translated by Mufti Abdullah Nana). This was presented to the Fiqh Council in Saudi. But on ground the situation appears to be the same without any change.

4- The best course would be for Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA) and other Ulama of his stature who are respected in the Arab lands especially Saudi. To take up this case strongly and persuade the Saudis to be strict in this matter to cater to the needs of Subcontinental people at least, who account for a large percentage of Muslims and form a big chunk of people coming for Haj and Umrah. Someone like Muadh Khan who is well connected with Ulama can easily convey the message to Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA) and other Ulama of that level. I know it is not as easy as I have made it sound but one can at least try.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 15th August 2022 08:34
I am living in saudi arabia , we follow below in saudi arabia.

1) We avoid chicken from All restaurant all across saudi arabia unless i myself very that the restaurant is using AL FAKEIH brand chicken .
2) AL FAKIEH has farm within boundary of Mecca and has outlet called Al TAZAJ and its verified hence we buy fresh chicken from super markets AL FAKEIH and also eat at AL FAKEIH outlet i.e AL TAZAJ.
3) we also buy locally hand cut chickens from chicken farms which have no label or brand ( its not easily available only in few locations )
4) All other chicken we avoid , We have no proof other chicken are haram hence we don't criticize any one eating other imported or other brand chicken however we avoid.
5) when ever we attend any function or Dawath we avoid eating chicken
6) Most of chain restaurant KFC, Hardees, McD, Al Baik uses imported chicken since we don't know status of these chickens we avoid completely .

ALLAH KNOWS BEST.
+4 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 31st August 2022 15:26
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Remote' written in?