Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

الْأَسْمَاءُ الْحُسْنَىٰ (The Beautiful Names of Allah)

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Yasin, abuhajira, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, Naqshband66, abuzayd2k, bint e aisha, dr76, Moonlight
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#76 [Permalink] Posted on 10th October 2020 08:12
الْعَفُوُّ

Translation

الْعَفُوُّ is translated as The Forgiving and The Effacing. It comes from the word عفو meaning forgiveness.

Definition

Linguistically it means to let go / to leave something, so it means to overlook acts of disobedience or to erase them. It is similar to الْغَفُورُ and التَّوَّابُ but الْعَفُوّ is more expressive. الْغَفُورُ is that Being Who conceals sins on the Day of Judgment and though they will be in the book of deeds, others will not be able to see them whereas الْعَفُوّ means to totally erase the sins from the book of deeds. Therefore there are different levels of forgiveness and الْعَفُوّ is considered higher than الْغَفُورُ or التَّوَّابُ.

Another way to understand is it is The One Who removes the consequences of sin meaning punishment is not given. There is considerable amount of overlooking of sins and Allah ta’ala’s general Sifat is to forgive and this Sifat is more expressive of that.

Different ways Sins are Forgiven

Allah ta’ala forgives sins with Tawbah or Istighfaar or through the intercession of the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam on the Day of Judgment. Sins are also forgiven due to good deeds.

وَإِنِّي لَغَفَّارٌ لِمَنْ تَابَ وَآمَنَ وَعَمِلَ صَالِحًا ثُمَّ اهْتَدَىٰ

but the one who repents, becomes a believer, does good deeds and follows the Right Way shall be forgiven [ Surah Taha:82]

So Hidaayah comes through the combination of doing Tawbah, working on one’s Imaan and doing good deeds.

In the Qur’an

It is mentioned 5 times in the Qur’an of which four times it is paired with الْغَفُورُ and it is like intensifying or emphasizing the forgiveness.

وَكَانَ اللَّهُ عَفُوًّا غَفُورًا - for Allah is indeed an absolver of sins, much-forgiving. [Surah Nisa’: 99]

It comes with Qadeer in the following verse. Allah forgives even though He is powerful.

إِنْ تُبْدُوا خَيْرًا أَوْ تُخْفُوهُ أَوْ تَعْفُوا عَنْ سُوءٍ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَفُوًّا قَدِيرًا

If you do good deeds openly or in private or forgive an evil, then surely Allah is Pardoning, Powerful. [Surah Nisa’:149]

Forgiving despite being able to take Revenge

A truly forgiving person is one who has the power to take revenge but still forgives. A person who is in a weak position, not able to take revenge and forgives someone is not the same as one who forgives despite having the power to take revenge. Through the verses regarding forgiveness, Allah ta’ala is inviting us to be forgiving to people because Allah ta’ala Himself is forgiving.

Another word used in the Qur’an for forgiveness is صفح which most Scholars say is a higher level of forgiveness than عفو.

In Surah Baqarah (Verse 109) Allah ta’ala says,

فَاعْفُوا وَاصْفَحُوا - Forgive them and bear with them.

Therefore there are different levels of forgiveness where you forgive but remind the person and you forgive and do not remind or malign the person who wronged you. It is difficult to forgive and be patient however the reward will be greater.

Story – Forgiveness despite having power to punish

Zaynul ‘Aabideen, the grandson of ‘Ali RA has a female servant who broke something and injured his face. She looked at him and said,

وَالْكَاظِمِينَ الْغَيْظَ - who control their anger. So he controlled his anger.

She then said,

وَالْعَافِينَ عَنِ النَّاسِ ۗ - and forgive other people. So he forgave her.

Thereafter she said,

وَاللَّهُ يُحِبُّ الْمُحْسِنِينَ - for Allah loves such charitable people, [Aali ‘Imraan: 134]

So he freed her. He forgave her even though he had the power to punish her. (This shows how much knowledge of the Qur’an even a slave woman had in those days.)

There are many such episodes in the Seerah where the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam forgave those who hurt him and fought against him i.e. Abu Sufyaan RA and Wahshi RA.

Story – Abu Bakr’s RA Forgiveness

During the episode of the slander of Aishah RA, one among those who spread the rumours was the cousin of Abu Bakr RA, Mistah bin Uthatha RA who was poor and Abu Bakr regularly gave him money. After the verse was revealed regarding Aishah’s RA innocence, hurt and angered by Mistah’s previous allegations, Abu Bakr RA took an oath that he will never spend on Mistah again.

Then Allah Ta’ala revealed:

وَلَا يَأْتَلِ أُوْلُوا الْفَضْلِ مِنكُمْ وَالسَّعَةِ أَن يُؤْتُوا أُوْلِي الْقُرْبَى وَالْمَسَاكِينَ وَالْمُهَاجِرِينَ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ وَلْيَعْفُوا وَلْيَصْفَحُوا أَلَا تُحِبُّونَ أَن يَغْفِرَ اللَّهُ لَكُمْ وَاللَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

And let not those among you who are blessed with graces and wealth swear not to give to their kinsmen, al-Masaakeen [the poor], and those who left their homes for Allah’s Cause. Let them pardon and forgive. Do you not love that Allah should forgive you? And Allah is Al-Ghafuwr (the Most-Forgiving), Ar-Raheem (the Most Merciful). [Surah Noor, verse 22]

Abu Bakr RA despite his anguish and hurt feelings immediately responded by exclaiming, “By Allah, I would love it that Allah forgives me!” He resumed his spending on Mistah.

This was the mercy and forgiveness the Qur’an teaches, the mercy and ties of kinship that Allah is pleased to see in His servants.

Being Forgiving

Our Deen has a very balanced concept of social and human interactions. We live with families and extended families and everyone at some stage is hurt or wronged. Our Deen teaches us to be forgiving.

خُذِ الْعَفْوَ وَأْمُرْ بِالْعُرْفِ وَأَعْرِضْ عَنِ الْجَاهِلِينَ

Keep to forgiveness (O Muhammad), and enjoin kindness, and turn away from the ignorant.
[Surah A’araaf:199]

To be forgiving one has to be a person of Sabr and Tahammul.

Du’a for Forgiveness

اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّكَ عَفُوٌ تُحِبُّ الْعَفْوَ فَاعْفُ عَنِّي

O Allah, you are the Forgiver, You love to forgive, so forgive me.

*~~*~~*
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#77 [Permalink] Posted on 14th December 2021 10:38
الرَءُوۡفُ

Translation

The Kind, the Tenderly Merciful and Consoling

Definition

Imam Zajaj RA says: ra'fah and rahmah is the same thing, but according to some there is some difference. Ra'fah is the next level of kindness. If someone is Raheem, it will be said that "he is Raheem" but if his rahmah increases beyond that then he will be referred to as "Rauf".

In the Qur'an

The name "Ar-Rauf" is mentioned ten times in the Qur'an.

إِنَّ رَبَّكُمْ لَرَءُوفٌ رَحِيمٌ

1. "Indeed, your Lord is Kind and Merciful."

إِنَّ اللَّهَ بِالنَّاسِ لَرَءُوفٌ رَحِيمٌ

2. "Allah is full of gentleness and mercy to mankind."

وَ اِنَّ اللّٰہَ بِکُمۡ لَرَءُوۡفٌ رَّحِیۡمٌ

3. "And indeed, Allah is to you Kind and Merciful."

4. It is from the gentleness amd mercy of Allah that he does not let any deed go to waste. In Surah Baqarah Allah says:

"And Allah will never leave your faith to waste. Allah is full of gentleness and mercy to mankind."

5. "The Day is approaching when every soul shall find itself confronted with whatever good it has done and whatever evil it has wrought. It will then wish there is a wide space between it and the Day! Allah warns you to beware of Him; He is most tender towards His servants." [3:30]

6. "He it is Who sends down Clear Signs to His servant so as to bring you out from darkness into light. Surely Allah is Most Kind and Most Compassionate to you." [57:9]

7. "Allah relented towards them. Surely to them He is the Most Tender, the Most Merciful." [9:117]

8. "and they carry your loads to many a place which you would be unable to reach without much hardship. Surely your Lord is Intensely Loving, Most Merciful." [16:7]

Counsel

• One who wants to develop a relationship with this name should narrate the blessings and favours of Ar-Ra'uf and should also remember them in his heart and express his gratitude.

• One should be gentle and kind with his subordinates and affiliates so that he gets a share from this name. He should also make du'a that: O Ra'uf and Raheem take away the hardness of my heart and soften it.

• One should keep making this du'a:

یا رَءُوْفُ اُرْؤُفْ بِي

"O kind! Please deal with me kindly. "

We should always make du'a to Allah ta’ala whenever we face a problem. If someone's parents or boss is kindhearted then his subordinates do not hesitate in asking for anything, similarly our lord Allah ta'ala's name is Ar-Ra'uf therefore all of His creation whether they are sinner or pious do not hesitate in asking anything from Him.

*~~*~~*
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#78 [Permalink] Posted on 21st February 2024 14:30
Assalamu alaikum

What happened to the Arabic text?
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#79 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd February 2024 13:03
??????? ?????????

(Malikul Mulk)

Translation

The Eternal Owner of Sovereignty, The Master of The Kingdom.

Definition

This name has two definitions:

1. Allah is the Owner of all things and He controls them without any hindrance or opposition.

2. Imam Laith (may Allah have mercy on him) said: "Allah, the Almighty, He is the Allah, blessed and exalted is He, He is the King of all kings, kingship belongs to Him, and He is the Owner of the Day of Judgment."

So, a person who resides in a house and considers it his property without any association, think about it, nearly fifty-sixty years ago, whose property was it and where is it today? What was the outcome of his claimed ownership?

Mutannabi said it well: "The one who comes to this world takes ownership of it like a usurper seizing someone else's property, and the one who leaves it, departs from the world as if someone has looted his wealth."

In the Qur'an

???? ?????????? ???????? ????????? ??????? ????????? ??? ???????? ????????? ????????? ?????? ???????? ????????? ??? ???????? ????????? ??? ???????? ? ???????? ????????? ? ??????? ?????? ????? ??????? ????????

Say, ?O Prophet,? “O Allah! Lord over all authorities! You give authority to whoever You please and remove it from who You please; You honour whoever You please and disgrace who You please—all good is in Your Hands. Surely You ?alone? are Most Capable of everything.

(Surah Ali 'Imran: 26)

??????? ????????? ??? ??????????? ????????? ?????????? ??? ????????? ?????????? ???????? ???? ?????????? ?????????? ?????????? ???? ???????? ?????????? ??? ?????? ???????? ???????

You cause the night to pass into the day and the day into the night. You bring forth the living from the dead and the dead from the living. And You provide for whoever You will without limit.”

(Surah Ali 'Imran: 27)

???????? ?????? ?????????????? ??????????? ? ???????? ??? ???????? ? ?????? ????? ???????? ?????????? ???????? ????? ???????? ??????????

To Allah ?alone? belongs the kingdom of the heavens and the earth. He creates whatever He wills. He blesses whoever He wills with daughters, and blesses whoever He wills with sons

(Surah Ash-Shuraa: 49)

In Du'a

The Virtue of Supplicating Through This Blessed Name

There is a narration that if supplication is made with the Ism Azam (the Greatest Name of Allah), then that supplication is accepted.

???? ?????????? ???????? ????????? ??????? ????????? ??? ???????? ????????? ????????? ?????? ????????

"Say, 'O Allah, Owner of Sovereignty, You give kingship to whom You will and take it away from whom You will.'" (Quran, Surah Al Imran, 3:26)

In this verse, the boundless power and might of Allah are expressed; He can make a king into a beggar and a beggar into a king. He is the owner of all authority, and all goodness lies solely in the hands of Allah; besides Allah, there is no bestower of goodness.

Imam Baghawi (may Allah have mercy on him) has narrated a hadith that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: It is the command of Allah that whoever recites after every prayer Surah Al-Fatihah, Ayat al-Kursi, and two verses of Al-Imran, one verse: ?????? ??????? ???????? ???? ???????? ?????? ???? until the end, and the other verse: ???? ?????????? ???????? ????????? till ???????? ??????? , then I will build a house for him in Paradise ... And I will bestow my mercy upon him every day ... And I will fulfill all his needs ... And I will grant him refuge from every envious person and enemy ..."

The true King is Allah

After detailing Allah's glory and His blessings upon His servants in Surah Fatir, it is stated:

"That is Allah—your Lord! All authority belongs to Him. But those ?idols? you invoke besides Him do not possess even the skin of a date stone.

If you call upon them, they cannot hear your calls. And if they were to hear, they could not respond to you. On the Day of Judgment they will disown your worship ?of them?. And no one can inform you ?O Prophet? like the All-Knowledgeable.

O humanity! It is you who stand in need of Allah, but Allah ?alone? is the Self-Sufficient, Praiseworthy.

If He willed, He could eliminate you and produce a new creation.

And that is not difficult for Allah ?at all?."

(Quran, Surah Fatir)

When you believe in the original Creator and Master, the one who controls and sustains the entire universe, then you should not fear anyone besides Him and should not turn back to others as objects of worship. When the True One is there, what remains after truth except falsehood? Leaving truth and indulging in false illusions, making someone else a deity besides the Creator, the Owner, the Absolute Lord, and the Sovereign is not the act of a wise person.

How can someone who relies on Allah be troubled?

There was once a severe drought in Balkh, to the extent that people started eating every kind of withered grass. Everyone was deeply distressed and despondent, but a servant continued to happily sell in the market. When people reproached him, he replied:

Translation: "I have no sorrow because the owner of an entire village (without any partnership) is my master. (This thing has freed my heart from all kinds of worries and relieved all my sorrows)."

Upon hearing this, Abu Ali Shafiq bin Ibrahim Azdi (may Allah have mercy on him) opened his eyes, feeling deeply ashamed, and turned towards Allah, saying: "O Allah, this servant belongs to a person whose possession is only one village, yet he is so happy, and we too call You our Lord and are concerned about our sustenance to such an extent that it has no bounds." So, when this thought came to his mind he turned away from the affairs of the world and futile thoughts, and adopted worldly means with moderation while engaging in religious matters.

From that day on, he mentions that he never felt distressed about sustenance.

Counsel

(1) Those who have a connection with this blessed name should consider themselves as humble servants. The true owner of everything, the true owner of every person, is the one whose sovereignty is eternal and absolute. He who crowns the poor and makes thrones dust for kings.

(2) One should repeatedly ponder that besides Allah, there is no creator, no provider of sustenance, nor does anyone have the power to grant or prevent, to give life or to cause death. Not even a particle can move without His will. Therefore, one should engage in worship and supplication only to Him.

(3) One should refrain from asking anything from others, while keeping in mind the virtue of supplicating through this blessed name and make arrangements for supplication.

(4) Sit alone and contemplate, and invite people in gatherings that the sole owner of the entire universe is only Allah, and whatever is in the universe, its owner is also only Allah. A person who has acquired knowledge of this name will not argue with people saying, "So and so took away my thing, so and so did not give it to me"; rather, he will believe that "I will take more of this from Malikul Mulk, if Allah intends to give it to me, no one can stop it, if Allah does not intend, no one can give it, then why complain to the creation?"

And consider oneself and whatever is in one's possession as owned, that this is temporary ownership for me, so I should spend these blessings in the way of Allah. Life, time, wealth, everything, man deceives himself about these worldly blessings, thinking they are mine! Whereas, all this is entrusted by Allah.

*~~*~~*
+1 -0
UK
Brother
#80 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd February 2024 16:23
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Wsalam

I don't know. I'll check it up. I think we moved servers and all the Arabic everywhere has become this.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#81 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd February 2024 16:29
Oh Allah!
Hope it gets sorted inshaa-allaah
+0 -0Agree x 1