You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
India
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2019 02:27
Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi opposed the Khilafat movement so fiercely that he was willing to sacrifice his life for the cause of opposing it. His Malfoozat have the following entry concerning the events.

“During the peak days of the Tehreek-e-Khilafat, fiery people were in a state of great rage. There was fire all around. Matters came to such a pass that in addition to abuses, condemnations and sundry allegations, I began receiving letters containing death threats in case I did not join it. Hazrat Maulana Khalil Ahmad Sahib (RA), out of his extreme fondness for me, sent a special envoy to me with his advice that I should consider the dangerous times and if I decided to participate just a little bit only formally, there was room [in the religious sense]. I sent my reply that what he said certainly showed his affection, but the biggest threat was that of losing one’s life, for which I was prepared. However, I was neither willing to participate without being convinced [of the movement being correct] nor could I participate outwardly and remain aloof from the inside, as I considered it hypocrisy. So,behamdillah, I am alive and well before you today. These people have made it like a game for little girls: Either do as we do, or else get killed. During those days I went to the jungle as was my morning routine. On my way I met a Hindu Rajput old man, also from Thana Bhavan. The old-fashioned and elderly Hindus too have affection for me. He said,Maulvi-ji, do you have any idea what kind of things are being proposed for you? You should not come to the jungle alone like this. I said, Chaudhry, I know that, and I also know something that you do not know. He asked me what that was. I said, Without His order nobody can do anything. Despite being Hindu, he was so impressed by it that he exclaimed,Maulvi-ji, you may go wherever you feel like without anyjokham(danger). For a man like you, jungle and mountains are no different from home.”
tribune.com.pk/story/273974/the-making-of-the-modern-maul...
report post quote code quick quote reply
+9 -0Like x 7
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2019 10:18
+1 -0
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2019 13:33
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Is the above post untrue?
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2019 13:34
@Abu Muhammed:

No, I've not taken it from other thread.

Actually I was searching something else I found this link. Since this article is related to Ml Thanwi rh and this thread is about him so I shared it here.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2019 13:40
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Reason:
Muadh is quoting authentic incidents of various Mas'alas and not newspaper clippings. Please maintain that thread and leave it original and only quote original sources!

I am not doubting the brothers post - Just wish to keep the original thread as it is, not start posting anecdotes such as these
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2019 17:35
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I totally agree !

Those who are posting on the original thread better keep to the translation of original words of Hakim ul ummat RA. Actually that is a very beneficial thread and we should appreciate the time and effort it requires to translate the works of Hazrat Thanvi RA,even the Urdu text is in old classical Urdu which is difficult for most of us to understand,translating it into English must be hard even for someone as learned as Muad khan.Having said that,Hazrat Thanvi RA has covered some very useful,unique and rare uloom that must be of benefit even to Uluma,so an effort to translate those pearls of wisdom into English is a blessing for which we all should be thankful to Muad khan.
+2 -0Like x 2Agree x 2