Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
xs11ax
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd November 2021 22:00
Bismillah.

As muslims we have spread to all four corners of the globe. Unfortunately we have not mastered the ettiquette of parking our cars. Or understood that our religion is being judged by our behaviour.

Muslim going Jummah or conferences and parking where ever they want and blocking peoples drive ways.

I am not sure about how many stories I heard but there seems to be a common scenario. A muslim blocks a persons drive way. They are unable to leave their house because their car is blocked when the muslim returns they confront him. And the Muslim instead of apologising becomes abusive.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd November 2021 23:42
So many lessons can be learnt from this hadith

Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, one of the major sins is that a man curses his own parents.” It was said, “O Messenger of Allah, how can a man curse his own parents?” The Prophet said, “He insults the father of another man and then that man insults his father and his mother.”

Do you see the link?

I'll elaborate tomorrow InshaAllah in reference to parking and the lesson in this hadith.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 24th November 2021 09:44
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

A couple of weeks ago, an announcement was made before Jummah Salah about parking and obeying the rules and etiquettes of parking.

The Masjid received complaints about how the Muslims have invaded so many spaces and parked in the most bizarre ways for the duration of Salah.

One Hindu came out of his house and asked the Muslim driver not to park in the private drive (The resident of the house has a space in his own front garden for private use only and no one else is allowed to park there). The Muslim driver was verbally abusive to the home owner and and got into an argument with him. The owner of the house was in the right and the Muslim was in the wrong.

Eventually, the Hindu man swore and said, "If this is Islam, then I swear at your religion"

The Masjid made it a point to address the issue and ask driver(s) to uphold our respect and be good Muslims.

That's when I remembered this Hadith about insults and name calling. This Muslim driver parked incorrectly and was the cause of Islam and Muslims being insulted and swore at.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 24th November 2021 16:10
Bismillah.

This problem is not only present in the U.K. but this selfish attitude amongst us is global . As far as the parking issue goes I heard Hakeem Tariq Chugtai mentioning in an urdu talk that many of the neighbours next to their religious centre in Lahore were Christians. And asking the attendees not to inconvenience them and how a person attending the centre had blocked a Christian neighbours gates on a prior occasion. And then threatened him and verbally abused him with obscene profanity when the Christian Neighbour had complained.

Similar incidence is mentioned by Shaykh Abdur Raheem Mccarthy of his time in Ireland in the video below. The authorities where refusing to give a masjid license to the muslims to conduct the full 5 daily prayers. The building remained an Islamic Information Centre. The reason the authorities were refusing to give the license was because one elderly female neighbour placed objections.

When one of the muslims enquired concerning this from the elderly neighbour she had been on a previous occasion been abused and threatened by a muslim who had attended the centre over a parking issue. This was a reason for her objection.

youtu.be/fNQsCMVKExQ