Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 18th September 2012 21:54
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2012 08:16
Asslamo Allaikum,

Agreed and its the least that a lowly sinful person like me can do! I have also sent an email to all you brothers to ask for some information so I can pen an article on central-mosque.com

Jazakullah Khairun
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2012 08:34
assalamu alaykum

inshallah this will work, however why cant the muslim goverment just band it for a week or so
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2012 09:24
King orders blocking of web links to anti-Islam film

JEDDAH: ARAB NEWS

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah has ordered Saudi telecom authorities to block the websites that show the nefarious film that denigrates Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and Islam.

“On the basis of the king’s directives all Internet service providers in the Kingdom have been instructed to block the film on users in Saudi Arabia,” said the Telecommunications and Information Technology Commission.

“We have told Google to block all YouTube links containing the film. If the company fails to do so we’ll block YouTube completely,” said TITC, the Kingdom’s telecom regulator.

People have been advised to inform TITC if they found any Internet sites showing the film by either contacting www.Internet .gov.sa or www.citc.gov.sa to block them.

The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) earlier urged its 57 member countries to speak in one voice against the filthy film that tarnished the image of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

“All member countries should speak forcefully in one voice on this vital issue,” said Professor Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu told a press conference, which was held to highlight OIC’s efforts to take up the issue.

He said the upcoming OIC foreign ministers’ annual meeting in New York would discuss all initiatives to set out a complete plan to confront growing provocative incidents such as the nefarious film.

Ihsanoglu said he had contacted US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Arab League Secretary-General Nabil El-Arabi and Catherine Ashton of the European Union on taking international measures to avoid a repetition of such provocative incidents.

The OIC has been pushing for years for some kind of a global law against defamation of religion at the UN Human Rights Council.

But it was not passed due to opposition from the US, Europe and some Latin American countries which argued it would violate free speech and the UN’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

http://www.arabnews.com/king-orders-...nti-islam-film

Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2012 09:25
MWL calls for legal action against anti-Islam movie

MWL Secretary-General Abdullah bin Abdulmohsen Al-Turki

JEDDAH: P.K. ABDUL GHAFOUR

Wednesday 19 September 2012

The Makkah-based Muslim World League has strongly condemned the anti-Islam film “Innocence of Muslims” and called on Muslims across the world to refrain from resorting to violence to address the issue.

MWL Secretary-General Abdullah bin Abdulmohsen Al-Turki said such a film should not have been made in the name of freedom of expression, as it had destroyed world peace and harmony.

He urged international organizations to take legal action in order to prevent the display of the offensive film. “Freedom of opinion should not be allowed to take such a disastrous turn. It should be exercised in a cultured manner without causing harm to others.

“We strongly denounce the movie. It is an unacceptable act,” he said after attending the International Seminar on Religion and Peace-building Process in Asean (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) in Bangkok on Monday. Thailand’s Deputy Prime Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit opened the seminar.

“The international community, organizations and human rights bodies should issue resolutions incriminating abuse of religions and their symbols and preventing misuse of cultural and media freedom,” Al-Turki said.

Protests over the film have spread to more than 20 countries and claimed many lives. In his attempt to cool down the current tension, Al-Turki said Islam rejects violence and killing of innocent people.

The MWL chief hoped the current tension would not prolong, as violence would not bring a solution to any problem. “Dialogue and cooperation are effective tools in solving problems,” he said.

Earlier addressing the seminar, Al-Turki commended Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah’s endeavors to promote cultural and interfaith dialogue, saying it would contribute to strengthening global peace and stability. His initiative had won the support of prominent international organizations and personalities, Al-Turki said.

“Dialogue on humanitarian and environmental issues by various groups of societies will contribute to greater understanding among them and remove the obstacles facing their interaction. The initiative opens new horizons for the exchange of ideas and views for the betterment of humanity and solve their various pressing problems.”

Speaking about the killing of Muslims in Myanmar, Al-Turki said Muslim minorities in all countries should be protected. “The MWL wants to establish bridges of contacts with countries that have Muslim minorities to deepen patriotic feelings of Muslims, protect their religious rights, and remove stereotypes against Islam and Muslims,” he added.

He said the MWL denounces terrorist practices of certain Muslim groups and individuals. “Islam rejects such practices and calls for dialogue between Muslims and other communities.”

In a related development, Madinah Islamic University said it would organize an international seminar on interfaith dialogue at the International Islamic University in Malaysia starting Oct. 4. Muhammad Al-Oqla, president of the Madinah University, said the seminar aims at highlighting the importance of King Abdullah’s interfaith dialogue initiative.

http://www.arabnews.com/mwl-calls-le...ti-islam-movie

UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2012 09:37
Assalamu Alaykum,

As all the videos of the 100% Halaal Videos Section is hosted on youtube, in order to support the Boycotting of YouTube and honor the virtue of our noble prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) and the Sahaabah, the video section will be down from later this evening till the 23rd September 2012.

I believe this boycott will no doubt make some sort of impact or another and it will not be for nothing inshaAllah. A moral victory nonetheless.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2012 09:55

"Yasin" wrote:
Assalamu Alaykum, As all the videos of the 100% Halaal Videos Section is hosted on youtube, in order to support the Boycotting of YouTube and honor the virtue of our noble prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) and the Sahaabah, the video section will be down from later this evening till the 23rd September 2012. I believe this boycott will no doubt make some sort of impact or another and it will not be for nothing inshaAllah. A moral victory nonetheless.

Thats a great step, Jazakallahu khair.

Even if it makes no difference to them (YouTube) it might just about have an affect on their Shares in the Market (if they have any).

Abu Saeed Al Khudri Radiallaho anho said: I heard the Prophet Sallaho alahi wassallam saying: If one amongst you sees an evil, he must change it with his hands. If he cannot do so, he must change it with his tongue. If he cannot do so he must feel bad in his heart - and that is the lowest level of Imaan. [Muslim]

#13 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2012 12:01
Salam, I Really don't see the point of this boycott, this will probabally result in nothing! leave it for only 3 days?? Joke??

How I see it is that if you want to express your love for Rasullulah (S.A.W) then boycott youtube TOTALLY and bring your life onto Sunnah. Khalaas!

Problem is leaving youtube is like divorcing the wife for some people...
Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2012 12:10

"Anonymous" wrote:
Salam, I Really don't see the point of this boycott, this will probabally result in nothing! leave it for only 3 days?? Joke?? How I see it is that if you want to express your love for Rasullulah (S.A.W) then boycott youtube TOTALLY and bring your life onto Sunnah. Khalaas! Problem is leaving youtube is like divorcing the wife for some people...

True, it might not have even the slightest effect. This Boycott, I think started in Pakistan, where they have issues with electricity anyway, so most can't even access YouTube when they want.

Yes it may seem like a joke, but its the least we can do if we cant stop them. Look at the Steps The Saudi Government has taken, Alhumdulillah.

I/We express our love of the Prophet (saw) and we learn from some great scholars who's lectures can be found on YouTube very easily. We take what is good and leave what is not. It's like the FarceBook issue, except with FarceBook, we can easily do without it.

Your analogy is absurd about the wife and youtube.

Jazakallahu Khair.

UK
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2012 12:11
Quote:
How I see it is that if you want to express your love for Rasullulah (S.A.W) then boycott youtube TOTALLY and bring your life onto Sunnah. Khalaas! [/quote]
I agree.

However, the following is also Sunnah:
[quote]Abu Saeed Al Khudri Radiallaho anho said: I heard the Prophet Sallaho alahi wassallam saying: If one amongst you sees an evil, he must change it with his hands. If he cannot do so, he must change it with his tongue. If he cannot do so he must feel bad in his heart - and that is the lowest level of Imaan. [Muslim]

Also, don't expect every Muslim to be on the same level of Taqwa as yourself. When someone does something bad, do you stop talking to them for a few days till it gets through to them, till a point is made etc or do you stop talking to them TOTALLY for the rest of your life?

YouTube hosts many Halaal Videos which we have a dedicated section for. I cannot stand that web site itself and hardly even visit it due to its contents, ignorant hateful community and their complete disregard to true freedom of speech but it doesn't mean the good can't be taken from it, we have.