You have contributed 6.3% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
super-glue
Rank Image
Stamford Hill
Sister
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd February 2007 21:55

I'd rather have my brothers watch Islam channel then other channels, to be honest it is hard to resist especially when the only place to sit is your sitting room and the TV is on or on in other peoples house?

One has to resist, I sit on the laptop and my brothers are watching tv it is up to me not to look or not get attracted and also tell them off, Lol )

We are weak in our iman, but how many go to the wrong (haram) sites while on the internet?? Be TV or internet self control is needed?? It's the same for anything which has haram in it, even a newspaper.

I read all the above thread and just wonder not everyone family is as religious or practicing so it's hard for an individual, I sympathise with them.

I don't approve of tv but I'll be a hypocrite go against it as I use to watch it myself once a upon a time? I just pray the way Allah has moved me away from watching tv he does the same to all the Muslim bro and sis?

Just my opinion, please do make dua for me to stay away from the tv temptation ??

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd February 2007 22:46
*************The beautiful balance of our Ulama********************

I think that in this issue of tvs and media, there can be 2 extremes - rejecting all forms of the technology or embracing it to the point of corrupting oneself.

One of you posted as an argument against such media that we should be 'strict' to the Sunnah and way of Dawah of our Noble Prophet (saw) - and anyone who disagrees destroies himself - but that doesn't mean we have to ride camels to work and live in tents.....that is not proper istidlal.

Read this beautiful fatwa from Mufti Muhummud ibn Adam with quotes from Mufti Taqi Uthmaani. Subhan Allah - we must be balanced in all matters.

daruliftaa.com/question.asp?txt_QuestionID=q-16155977

And here is the last quote from Mufti Taqi Uthmaani MashAllah:

"The images appearing on live programs or recorded programs on television are not the pictures in the strict sense envisaged in the Ahadith of the Holy Prophet (Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam) unless they are printed in a durable form on paper or on any other object. But the basic reason why Muslims are advised not to keep TV sets in their homes is that most of the programs broadcast on the TV channels contain impermissible elements." (Taken from the al-Balagh website, www.albalagh.net/qa/video_chips.shtml)

And Allah سبحانه وتعالى knows Best!

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 24th February 2007 10:08
i agree that you do not restrict yourself to riding camels but of course that is because there is nothing wrong with cars. You can do da'wah through other means rather than t.v. i just think if there is a doubt in something, then is not best to abstain?

With islam channel there is the problem of women appearing on shows and as a member mentioned previously, we start to admire and like these presenters.

No post ratings
Rank Image
stamford hill
Unspecified
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 24th February 2007 17:47
Please only post relevant issues to the current topic, otherwise please start a new topic. Jazakumullah
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 25th February 2007 20:07
theikhlaas wrote:

Many people have got rid of their tv's but if we start to introduce these channels, people will be tempted by shaytan to bring them back in their homes. And then shaytan will slowly whisper to us 'remember all those films and soaps you used to watch?'. Then one thing leads to another.

How true this is. Even just with the internet u have to be so careful. I know for a fact that people who don't even have a TV in their house have been lured by shaitaan to watching useless/unislamic, programmes/series/soaps (whatever) on the internet.

May Allah help us all to refrain from this temptation and save us from utilising this useful tool to destroy our imaan.
Ameen

No post ratings
Rank Image
Stamford Hill
Sister
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 25th February 2007 21:02
To the topic ummahfilm is not shown on the TV but internet so should we refrain ourselves watching it then? I'm a learning sister, so I like to hear ppl view on this matter, lets rule out TV altogther?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 25th February 2007 21:06
years back the internet was ok and cIean-ish - i'm taIking about Iike 95/96ish when the Net reaIIy went main stream that was OK dem days as no TV programs, video's etc on it. Now its totaIIy dif and more Iike TV if not worse.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 27th September 2007 13:11
Assalamu Alaykum,

Ummah Films and it's methods are not in accordance to Sharee'ah and should be avoided. To entertain the audience by ridiculing people who do wrong by means of 'Films' is not Da'wah, it is mere entertainment. The same message can be passed via articles, audio documentaries and video without acting and live people as Ulamaa have done for over a thousand years. Nabi (s), the Sahaabah, Tabi'een and Aslaaf never resorted to comedy or entertainment to spread or revive Islam.

It was also quoted in one of the 'Films' that Ulamaa are boring in their Friday speeches and people fall asleep. Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi writes that simple messages are remembered more easily than complex lengthy explanations.

Same goes for comedy, how can one create love of Allah, His Rasool and His Deen by comedy and ridiculing? The message is easily forgotten, the jokes and victims of the comedy are remembered. In the above example, the victims were Ulamaa who stick by the pure way of sermons.

The above was discussed with Mufti Saifur Rahman and other Ulamaa before posting this and all concluded with the same.

We do not judge the intentions of Umaah Films but the above is to clarify why it should be avoided.

More benefit can be gained by listening to Dars/Bayaans of great Ulamaa in this country such as Mufti Umar Farooq Sahib, Maulana Saleem Dhorat Sahib, Maulana Saleem Nawab sahib etc.

Wassalam
+1 -0Like x 1
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd October 2007 15:40

Daywalk3r wrote:
years back the internet was ok and cIean-ish - i'm taIking about Iike 95/96ish when the Net reaIIy went main stream that was OK dem days as no TV programs, video's etc on it. Now its totaIIy dif and more Iike TV if not worse.

The internet was never "clean" it has been used as a social networking tool since its creation.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 21st July 2008 12:27
Asslamo Allaikum,

Hazrat Maulana Yusuf Motala (DB) was consulted before the inception of a prominent Islamic Channel in UK and...

However this fact has been hidden from people and during my discussions with Bury Ulama on this matter so I asked them, "You describe exactly what took place and what Hazrat Maulana Yusuf Motala (DB) said about the Channel?"...The Ulama chose not to answer the question to which they are entitled to, Insha'Allah.

This is not meant to be disrespectful towards either Hazrat Maulana Yusuf Motala (DB) or Darul-Bury.

Jazakullah Khairun
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2011 02:16
is ummahfilms a trustworthy website can we listen to it
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2011 05:15
... i guess my views have changed slightly over the years on this ;-)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Travelling..
Sister
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 18th September 2011 10:57
Yasin wrote:
Nabi (s), the Sahaabah, Tabi'een and Aslaaf never resorted to comedy or entertainment to spread or revive Islam

And that should be the end of that inshaAllah.

Sometimes, youngsters get carried away with the world and start attempting worldly stuff with the deen.

Personally, I think da'wah has much more impact when done in person, face to face. We've got cars, planes etc to get around, no need for filming to spread the word really.
No post ratings
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 26th September 2011 16:33
SALAM I THINK YOU HAVE A POINT ABOUT BABA ALI?
BUT!!!! HIS VIDEOS ARE DESIGNED IN A WAY TO HELP PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THE TRUE MEANING OF HIS MESSAGE. AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. INFACT HE IS SHOW VERY 'PRACTICAL AND TANGIBLE' THINGS WHICH CAN BE APPLIED TO BASIC PRINCIPLES IN LIFE. SUCH AS; NOT JUDGING OTHERS!! etc

these are very good topics which the so called hazrats and ulama have not reached because they are too serious. I think baba ali is doing an amazing job.

I have been an Imam for 10 years and I definetly classify his way as good and beneficial.

all he is trying to do is spread peace . so stop hating.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 26th September 2011 16:52

"Garnet" wrote:
"Yasin" wrote:
Nabi (s), the Sahaabah, Tabi'een and Aslaaf never resorted to comedy or entertainment to spread or revive Islam
And that should be the end of that inshaAllah. Sometimes, youngsters get carried away with the world and start attempting worldly stuff with the deen. Personally, I think da'wah has much more impact when done in person, face to face. We've got cars, planes etc to get around, no need for filming to spread the word really.

I would like to stress on Maulana Yasins Post:

If they didnt do it why should we or even how dare we. Considering that many would call it a bidah, Allahu Alum. I'm not an alim.

I found this Sweat-Shirt which may or may not fit well here, but its here anyway.

No post ratings