Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Secure Password Keeper

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 29th July 2019 12:06

Any suggestions on the best Android App for Password keeping.

Until now, I've been using Google to store my passwords since it prompts me and everything we ever do is noted anyway, so why not. But Google Passwords are not secure.

Also anyone with the Windows Password for the computer can access the Google Passwords anyway (Pathetic)

I'm looking for something that I can store my passwords safely and securely and still have them saved if and when phones are changed.

I don't want to just download any app that'll do this, I want something reliable, tested and secure.

I need this because everthing we do is online. From Shopping to Kids School Portals to Kids Lunch Money to Car Parking to MuftiSays to Bills to Public Transport Travel Money to everything :(

My Passwords are normally similar with a few variations, So I can't always go wrong. The only ones with completely different Passwords would be for Banking and Government Portals, those are all unique.

It's been suggested that  "lastpass -- 1password -- dashlane" are good, any suggestions?

Something that would be handy - but would be less sescure, is the ability for a webpage to use autofill and find the password and fill it out for you, but I guess that would defeat the object :( I ronically, the above examples also have autofill :)

Jzk.

Anyone suggesting secure iPhone, then yes I have seen it and used it. Unfortunatley there are 2 iPhones in the house, one due to an email domain's security requirement and the other was another tip from another client :)

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 29th July 2019 12:30
Quote:
It's been suggested that "lastpass -- 1password -- dashlane" are good, any suggestions?

LastPass - Looks like its free but no mention of how many passwords can be stored BUT access from multiple devices which is something I need

1Password is not free but looks good

DashLane is free for 50 Passwords but can only be installed on one device. I need it to work from all devices that I log into :(
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 29th July 2019 14:18
I was recently thinking about this and because i don't truly trust any app I was thinking of making my own with multi-layer encryption for myself (plain gui no effort)

If it's of any use to you I can clean it up a bit and add on muftisays somewhere. I'll probably share the code as well.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 29th July 2019 19:24
AsSalamuAlaykum Brother

Have been using lastpass for several years highly recommend it, make sure you set a long secure master password that you won't forget
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2019 01:21
HalalFoodGastronomy wrote:
View original post

Interesting website you have. Is it a team running it or a solo mission. You need to go International next and review food places in turkey, morocco, egypt, balkans etc...
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2019 10:12
HalalFoodGastronomy wrote:
View original post

That's what I opted for and have started using it for now.

Eventually I'm going to delete all my Passwords off Google/Chrome.

Jzk for the post :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 31st July 2019 10:06
A good tutorial for LastPass.

Managed to move all my saved Passwords from Google onto LastPass and installed LastPass on all browsers - now need to remove everything from Google once I get used to using LastPass.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6uxc524xnk
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 31st July 2019 14:49
I never used a password manager in my life (been on the internet for more than 20 years now) until a few months ago when I started using Bitwarden. Superb password manager!
It is available on Windows, Android, and iOS plus it has browser extensions. It's completely free and it also has an offline version which you can install on your own server.
+2 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2021 00:15
I've been using Lastpass since it was recommended. (Not not for everything)

I might just have to switch back to Google remembering everything or my memory :(

www.gsmarena.com/lastpass_for_android_has_seven_builtin_t...

LastPass for Android has seven built-in trackers, security firm warns

27 February 2021

In an extensive investigation carried out by a German security firm, Exodus, the popular password manager app LastPass was found to collect and send personal information of subscribers using the Android app. It does so with the help of seven different built-in trackers.

Even though LastPass allows you to opt-out of those trackers, the very existence of the built-in software could pose a security risk for the users. The trackers collect data such as device information, mobile operator, the type of LastPass account and the Google Advertising ID used to connect user data across other apps and platforms.

Four of those trackers are for Google analytics and crash reports while the rest are serving info to AppsFlyer, MixPanel and Segment with the latter specializing in user profiling and targeting ads.

LastPass' spokesperson says that all of the trackers serve to improve the user experience and promises that they don't send out sensitive user information. And in case you don't want those trackers on your phone, you can disable them by heading to the Privacy sub-menu in the app and turn them off.
No post ratings