Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

How many ulema to listen!

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.1% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#61 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2015 10:39
Ok Jazak Allah Mufti Sahab.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#62 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2015 10:51

sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Let me respond to you.

1. You are NOT a Begninner.
  2. You also have preconceived ideas
  3. You also have some Bias

All of those are fine but it’s wrong to pretend to be a beginner, let people aim at that level and then begin to scrutinise. Whether you are/were/will be a Deobandi or Hanafi or Salafi it doesn’t matter, what matters is honesty.

When you post on a forum, people don’t know you or your background and neither do they get Wahi about the fact that you were on Sunniforum. They READ and RESPOND. The first phase of acquiring knowledge is to learn to phrase your question properly. You could have given your background and also stated that you know a few things and are looking for opinions; fair enough.

Sayyidina Umar (RA) used to BEAT some people up to correct their mistakes, would you assert that he was contradicting the Sunnah?

All I am saying is that state the question properly, don’t say you are a beginner and then in the very next post start analysying and judging the opinions of Ulama!

Lastly, if you already know who to listen to and where to look (for knowledge) why are you asking?

Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#63 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2015 10:53
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Jazak Allah Brother.
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#64 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2015 12:26
Ok. Now I hope that I have sorted out correctly what my problem is. I must avoid books and bayanaat all together. I must learn the deen directly from the local ulema. I must learn the basics and stick to the basics. I must become a sheep and let Ulema e haq become the shepherd. Since I am not that wise and have a small mind and since the world is so complicated, I must avoid information on political events. Just stick to Quran and Sunnah under the guidance of elders. Also I need to learn how to fire a gun so that in case war breaks out I am some what prepared. Also I need to give time to tabligh more often so that when the war breaks out and I don't have a weapon by my side for immediate response, I must be killed doing the work of dawah so that I die in the path of Allah. I am a simple minded person living in a difficult and complicated world. I guess Shaykh ul Islam of Ottomon Empire was correct when he declared printing press as evil. I guess internet is also evil.

Please all brothers make dua for my death on iman and Islam. I am very afraid of the fitna of this world. I am a senseless, worthless donkey. Please make dua for me because I am very stupid and satan is very clever. I thank you all for opening my eyes. I needed this. The posts which I thought at first harsh were the correct medicine for my disease of arrogance and ignorance. Please make dua for me that Allah makes me humble as I am arrogant. Please make dua for me that Allah grants me Ikhlas as I am a riya kaar. Please make dua for me that Allah grants me wisdom directly from His servants or His direct intervention instead of books or bayanaat as I am the most ignorant of ignorants. Please forgive me for my bad behavior and the pain I brought to you. I ain't worth the dust of ulema and students and even the common Muslims and even their dogs. Please forgive me, I beg you for the sake of Allah.

Wassalam,
Omer Asadullah
#65 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2015 17:09
Reading through the thread it seems like some of the misunderstandings are due to English not being a first language for some of the members. I remember when I was just starting with English I used to come off as either an embecile, a social misfit or just plain rude.
UK
Brother
#66 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2015 17:23
Butterfinger wrote:
View original post

When you were starting off with English? MashaAllah I could never tell from your post. Looks natural. Well learnt.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#67 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2015 18:06

sipraomer wrote:
View original post

I don't know what this even means but I have certainly NOT said anything like whatever is being said here at all!

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#68 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2015 18:35
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Dear and Respected Brother,

We should not let anxiety and depression overwhelm us, concerning the situation of the Ummah and Muslims around the world...Nor allow ourselves to become depressed if others disagree with us.

Insha'Allah the following courtesy of "Start With The Self " thread on Sunniforum will be of benefit.

Gratitude a Cure for Depression.!

For those going through difficulties I thought I would share my own personal experience and Insha’Allah it may be of some benefit.

Well it is a long story but to put in a nutshell, a few years ago I suffered from a mental breakdown, the Anti-depressants the Doctor put me on made the symptoms worse, so during those months out of desperation I started looking for Islamic solution even with my mental state I was able to identify that I had allowed my mind to be filled with thoughts of selfpity “Why me?”

Well I read a chapter on the Benefit of Shukr by Imam Ibn Alawi Haddad in his book of assistance, and so to help counteract the Depression and thoughts of selfpity and despair I made a point of trying to force myself to express perpetual shukr throughout the day. So daily I developed a routine whereby I would get up in the morning say Alhamdulillah for new day, sit up in bed say Alhamdulillah for giving me the tawfiq to sit free from pain. Walk to the Bathroom say Alhamdulillah for giving me the tawfiq to walk.

Upon Drinking glass of water Alhamdulillah for the blessings of being able to receive water through a tap, Alhamdulillah for giving me a glass to pour it in, Alhamdulillah for giving me hands to hold the glass Alhamdulillah for being able to swallow the water, Alhamdulillah, for quenching my thirst.

Essentially trying to focus my mind on Gratitude, instead of negative thoughts of selfpity and despair. Every time I had a negative thought I would immediately try to combat it by reflecting on some blessing and expressing gratitude. Even though initially my expressions of gratitude seemed a bit mechanical, and insincere. But ever so slowly I genuinely started to feel more grateful, and the depression started to dissipate.

During that time I shared this method of non-stop shukr with a couple of friends and they both found the results to be staggering, one of them set the Alarm clock on his mobile to go off after every hour. So every hour on the hour he would try and reflect on everything he did or was able to accomplish during the previous hour and express Gratitude.

Having a couple other friends do it with me helped quite a lot, we would report back to each other every week as to how we got on! and would feed of each others enthusiasm, and energy, and that helped me remain steadfast with this method of Zikr.

So the above outlined method was an essential part of my recovery during those few weeks. And it was spiritually a very powerful experience.

Here is an Extract from the book of assistance on blessings of Gratitude.

On Gratitude

You must thank God for all that he has favoured you with. you have no good thing, whether outward or inward religious or worldly, but that it comes from Him.
He has said Exalted is he: Whatever good thing you have is from God.(XVI:53), Gods favours upon you are more than you can number or be aware of, let alone adequately thank Him for. If you would count the favours of God you cannot number them. (XIV:34) .

If the poor and sick among the people of monotheism reflected on God’s favours upon them they would become too intoxicated by giving thanks to feel the hardship of patient endurance. you should do as much as you can to thank your Lord and confess your total incapacity to do so adequately.

Know that thankfulness leads to the perpetuation of favours already received and to the obtaining of others that are desired. God the Exalted has said: If you give thanks, I shall surely increase you (XIV:7) He is, Exalted is He, too Generous to take away a favour from someone who is thanking him. He has said, Exalted is He: That is because God never changes a blessing he has bestowed on any people until they first change what is in themselves, ( VIII:51) that is their neglecting to give thanks………..

Imam Abdallah Ibn Alawi Al Hadad (May Allah bless him abundantly and confer His Mercy upon him)* Taken from ‘The Book of Assistance’

Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#69 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2015 18:51
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

You are taking things toooooo literally brother. calm down, take a chill pill and hang out here for a while. ask what you want but don't sound suicidal. and in case you didn't know, suicide is haraaaaaam.

be positive, thank Allah and always remember that He سبحانه وتعالى is sufficient for you, me and everyone else.
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#70 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2015 19:14
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Brother you may call it self pity. However, I am afraid if Allah asks on the day of judgement, what did you do for my deen? How will I answer that question? I believe that tabligh isn't enough. I should do more than that but my circumstances don't allow me to. Fitnah is too dangerous. Even Hadhrat Ayesha RA used to cry out of fear of dajjal. Even Sahaba RA got worried when they heard about dajjal. I should have been in the mountains or a place with low level of fitnah to protect my self from dajjal or should have been in the battle field with my brave Momin brothers but I am living in a big city. I am afraid if my weakness of not making hijrah is an excuse. I am afraid of the deviations of my nafs. I even have thoughts of jihad and nasheed even in salah. I want to die the death of a smiling martyr. I am afraid of the scarcity of senior ulema as they are dying and being killed. I am afraid of being deviated. I thought Al-Qaeda was not khawarij only Daesh was. But alas! I know so little. I believed Mullah Umar RH would never host a khawarij organization in his imarat. I read in a book of Maulana Asim Umar that fitnah will be so wide and great that even if one will peek over a fitnah , one will fall in it. I am also afraid of offending scholars as this will bring wrath of Allah. I can't afford to anger the wurasah of Anbiyah AS. Yet I don't have any manners of asking a question properly. Malhamatul Qubra is on our head and I am not ready for this. What excuse do I have? Even the buzurgs of tabligh have instructed us to increase the astaghfar and other tasbeehs. They have increased the gusht time from 2.5 hrs to 4 hrs and are urging tablighi sathis to spend 4 months each year. This is also another indication that the time is near.
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#71 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2015 19:24
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Life is simple, don't complicate things.

On the authority of Abu Abdullah Jabir bin Abdullah al-Ansari (may Allah be pleased with him):

A man questioned the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) and said: "Do you think that if I perform the obligatory prayers, fast in Ramadan, treat as lawful that which is halal, and treat as forbidden that which is haram, and do not increase upon that [in voluntary good deeds], then I shall enter Paradise?" He (peace be upon him) replied, "Yes."

[Muslim]

Commentary Summary

In this hadith, the Prophet (sas) did not mention any of the voluntary acts, indicating that it is permissible to leave them.1 Scholars also state that the Prophet did not mention the voluntary acts to make the religion easy for the man. Especially since he had recently accepted Islam and over time, if he was sincere about his commitment, Allah سبحانه وتعالى would open his heart to perform these voluntary acts.2 Other scholars say the voluntary acts were not mentioned to prevent the man from wrongly assuming these actions were obligatory.3

A similar hadith states:

A man approached the Prophet and asked: “Tell me about an action that if I do, I will enter paradise?”

The Prophet said, “Worship Allah, do not associate partners, establish prayers, give zakat, and fast during Ramadan”.

The man said, “By Allah, I will not increase anything from this and I will not decrease anything from this”.

When the man left, the Prophet said if anyone is pleased to see a person from paradise then look to that man. Other hadiths include maintaining family ties and staying away from major sins.

The meaning of these hadiths are clear, the minimum requirements for entering paradise are the Five Pillars of Islam, abiding by that which Allah has made permissible, and refraining from that which He has forbidden. An important lesson we can derive is not to overwhelm ourselves or new Muslims with too much information or actions. First gain the Islamic foundation, As we draw closer to Allah, we will then have the desire and ability to perform the voluntary acts alongside the obligatory ones. Also, the purpose of the voluntary acts are to help us become closer to Allah, and to compensate for any shortcomings in performing the obligatory ones.
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#72 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2015 19:33
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

Do these rules also apply on extra ordinary times such as these? Are obligatory acts enough to protect one self from the evils of dajjal?
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#73 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2015 19:38
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

My Dear and Beloved brother, the article in question was posted in 2013, here... www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?23911-Start-With-... the reason I posted it was that the method outlined in the article, is useful in dealing with depression in general, I did not intend to imply that you are engaged in 'Self Pity' rather the author was talking about his own situation.

One of the differences between us and previous generations is those generations did not have access to media they only would have had knowledge of what was happening in their own village, town, and district. And they utilised their energy in trying to help or rectify the issues effecting their local communities and people around them......We on the other hand are overwhelmed with stories of suffering and fitnah from every corner of the world, we feel overwhelmed and do not know were to start or what to do this can lead to feelings of despair..!

Shaykh Hamza Yusuf deals with this issue in the following article, Insha'Allah it will be of benefit.

[QUOTE=umm_madina;]Assalamualikum,

I had made mention of this point before, but I would just like to elaborate as it deals with the topic, of this thread.

Seven Steps Of Highly Effective Muslims - lecture By Shaikh Hamza Yusuf

Pointers on the Sphere of Influence and Circle Of Concern:

Circle of concern -

As Muslims we need to be concern about what is happening to Bosina, Iraq, Egypt, Palestine. As the one who is not concern about the affairs of the Muslims is not from among them - Hadith.

We have a wide circle of concern, it even transgress the ummah because we are concerned about the kuffar as well - because it is our duty to spread the deen to them, hence Muslims have a huge circle of concern.

Sphere of Influence -

Our circle of influence is limited, each one of us has a limited amount of work we can do, we need to recognise our limitations. All of us have something which we are in charge of and we would be responsible only for our circle of influence, Allah will not take us to account for things outside our responsibility.

It is our circle of influence to effect that greater circle of concern. If we focus on our circle of influence and not on our circle of concern, the effect is that our circle of influence increase by the nature of it. But, if we are always focusing on our circle of concern and forget what we can actually do, the circle of influence decreases.

wa'salam[/QUOTE]

Source...Start with self thread @Sunniforum.

Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#74 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2015 20:25
View original post

Jazak Allah brother. It seems you have a beautiful heart. Maybe you have spent some time in tabligh...
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#75 [Permalink] Posted on 10th October 2015 08:06
View original post

May Allah give me a teacher like you who is soft spoken and wise.

Jump to page: