Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

How many ulema to listen!

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.1% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2015 11:24
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Jazak Allah for your comments..
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
London
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2015 11:26
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

You have mislead everyone brother, please clarify your aims and objectives. My comments are a mere reflection of what I've seen from yourself.
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2015 11:34
Well ! I don't know why this situation got so complicated. I just asked a simple question and I got the answer. I don't know why Mufti Abu BIlal brought up the issue again when things were going right as Abu Mohammad and Abdur Rahman answered my queries. Ok I apologize to all others if intentionally or un intentionally I hurt any body's feelings. I have learned the lesson that asking questions on forums is not a good choice. Asking ulema live isn't a good choice neither since they don't want to talk about some issues. Just stick to tabligh and do Allah Allah Allah. Isolate yourself and listen to bayanaat of ulema e deoband. Ask Allah for guidance always and instead of going in too many details just purify your heart. When the heart is purified Allah will directly guide who among the ulema is right and who is wrong on each issue.
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2015 11:36
I am an extreme Jahil and the worst creature of this universe. I apologize to all brothers and ulema for any disrespect.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2015 11:49
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Well Brother for those of us who live in the west, we can tell you, the need of the Hour is indeed Dawah and Tabligh, and despite our inequities, non muslims are embracing Islam in Large numbers, By the grace of Allah people with deep hatred of Islam people like Arnoud Van Dorn a dutch politician an abu Jahl of Europe who was making relentless propaganda against Islam embraced Islam by the grace of Allah and is now a muslim , many others are have converting to the deen, the former British prime minister Tony Blairs Sister in Law has converted to Islam.

So I would sincereley advise you to avoid individuals and organisations that have Khwarij tendencies. There is no one who is doing more damage to the deen at the present time then these individuals...Rather then educating the ignorant and teaching them Beauty of Islam these individuals have declared war on all and sundry.

Youth are attracted to these groups because they present the image that we alone are standing up for Islam, both against corrupt politicians who have sold themselves, to the west....and Western governments who are waging war against the muslims.

But as we get older we realise that these groups are infact doing the opposite, those Ulemah we looked down upon as not taking a hard stand, were actually correct in their methodology.

I suggest you read the following work, Maulana Abdullah Kopradvi (db) he addresses and deals with challenges facing the muslims in a very balanced manner not only that but he also offers solutions to those challenges... (Maulana Abdullah Kopradvi (db) and listen to his speeches) ... www.muftisays.com/forums/75-books/10070-an-echo-of-the-he...

Rank Image
UK
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2015 13:29

sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Yaar,

Also keep one more thing in mind.

Differences of opinions of Ulama are nothing to get worried about. We have Ulama who disagree on Hadeeth (authentic vs weak), we have Ulama who disagree upon Fiqh (Hanafi vs Shaf'ae) so in matters of Ijtehaad we have Ulama who disagree (Islamic banking, Television etc).

Mufti Saeed Ahmed (HA) in explaination to Shah Waliullah Dehalwi (RA)'s Hujjatullahil-Baaligha has written that differences are a sign of Intelligence...People who think, ponder and discuss will disagree.

Due to our lack of Islamic knowledge we have seen two extremes:

1. Those who wish to DISREGARD differences (Salafees/Madkhalees)
  2. Those who wish to turn EVERYTHING into a difference (Secularists/Modernists)

Please remember that.

Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2015 14:41
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Muadh Khan brother, If I follow a mufti believing him to be true but if that mufti has given a wrong fatwa, Will Allah punish me?
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2015 14:50
Well Thanks for the an echo of the heart book. I will read it.

Rank Image
London
Brother
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2015 14:51
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Here is a similar question someone had asked

Quote:
Followers of Different Opinions of Ulama (Scholars)
Question:

Assalamoalikum,

How Allah will deal on Judgement day to those followers who follow/agrees certain Islamic scholar on disputed matters and adopt their ruling in one's life. For example your ruling about paying Interest (Sood) is not haram against others who consider it haram. Of-course only one would be right in this case?

Answer:

Assalamu Alaykum,

There is one principle in the Qur’an that answers all questions of this sort. The principle is that God does not expect more than what we are capable of. This has been referred to in different contexts in the Qur’an: 2:233, 286, 6:152, 7:42, 23:62. This principle is complemented by another principle that indicates that we will be judged on the basis of our honest understanding/ conviction (5:119). The second principle (honesty) is in fact the outcome of the first principle (capability). These two principles are the outcome of the fact that God is ‘just’ and will judge us on a fair basis in the hereafter. The Qur’an says that no one will be wronged even in a minor scale in the day of judgment (17:71). To be forgiven due to an honest mistake is among the primary elements of a fair judgement.

On the basis of these complementary principles every one of us is obliged to put effort and to do what is within his/her capability to understand the directives of Islam. Once we sincerely do what is within our capability then we can follow what we have honestly come to understand as the truth. Based on the above principles, if despite our sincere efforts we happen to be wrong then the Almighty will not question us.

So to take your example, imagine that you are convinced that our view about paying interest is wrong, yet, you decide to adopt it because it makes your life easier. In such case you have not act based on your honest conviction and will be held responsible for this (even if it turns out that our view was in fact correct). However if you follow our view because you sincerely found it to be justified and reasonable then even if it turns out to be a wrong view you will be safe as you did nothing against your honest conviction.

We are expected to put an ‘effort’ to investigate whether a religious view is correct or not. For every individual this ‘effort’ means something different, based on their capability.

For all practical purposes I categorise these different levels into four very broad categories:

I. Novice Level:
This is a person who does not have much knowledge of religion and is not skilful at all in analysis of religious concepts and sources. His/her level of knowledge of religion is so limited that he/she cannot even decide who might know better about religion. The duty of such a person, based on his/her capabilities, may be limited to simply finding a knowledgeable person and following his/her religious guidelines.

II. Basic Level:
This is a person who, despite having very limited knowledge of religion and almost no skills in analysing religious concepts and sources, can judge based on some reasonable criteria that who may know better about religion. The duty of such person, based on his/her capabilities, will be to investigate and decide which scholar seems to be overall more rational and informed in understanding a religious subject and to follow him/her in that.

III. Intermediate Level:
This is a person that has a limited knowledge of religion and some basic skills in analysing religious concepts and sources. The duty of such person, based on his/her capabilities, will be to hear the reasoning of different scholars on different religious concepts and to decide which reasoning seems to be more valid. This person will then follow the rulings that are resulted from that reasoning.

IV. Professional Level:
This is a person who has a reasonable knowledge of religion and is reasonably skilful in analysing religious concepts and sources. The duty of such person is to directly consult the sources of understanding Islam and analyse them while also benefiting from the analysis of the other scholars in order to reach a defendable view.

A few points to avoid any misconceptions:

1. I think anyone who has the time and abilities needs to reach the Intermediate Level, at least on those subjects that are of frequent use to him/her.

2. Obviously there are overlaps between the above levels. One may be well versed on some aspects of religion and therefore be in the intermediate or even professional level on those aspects while remaining on the basic level for other aspects of religion.

3. People in the Novice and Basic levels need to appreciate that it is only due to their limited capability that they had to accept a view based on who says it. The rational approach that is available for those with more capability is to ignore who says it and to look at the reasoning instead. They therefore should not expect others to adopt their approach or view.

4. People in all the above levels need to appreciate that their understanding may be wrong. They should never present their understanding as what God says, unless they are reading the verses of the Qur’an. Those in the professional level are by no means an exception.

5. There are certain abilities that are inbuilt in every human being. One of them is to recognise good from bad. This will include recognising that unjustified harm to others is bad. No one can justify harming innocent people by claiming that he/she simply followed a scholar in this. Such person will answer to the Almighty as God has put the ability to recognise good and evil in him (91:7, 8).

Abdullah Rahim
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2015 15:02
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Jazak Allah brother. Very Helpful
Rank Image
London
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2015 15:17
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2015 16:17
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Jazak Allah Brother. Very helpful...
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2015 03:49
Ok. I would like to end this discussion with a story of mine. Few years ago, when I wasn't following a madhab and didn't know it's importance , I asked in sunniforum.com that why should we follow any Imam when he is not a prophet. Why can't we directly learn from Quran and hadith. I also mentioned that I am not a salafi. A brother there replied that I am practicing Taqqiyah and didn't answer my query. I ignored his reply and googled and luckily stumbled upon Hanafi Fiqh Channel on youtube. There I watched some lectures about following a madhab. The best lecture which convinced me was Fiqh and Fuqaha by Shaykh Mumtaz ul Haq. Gladly, I chose the Hanafi madhab and replied back to the forum. I asked brothers in a polite manner that they shouldn't doubt some one's niyyah and out of hatred for salafies shouldn't treat everyone with suspicion and ridicule else a genuine questioner will also run away from the right path.

I felt a similar attitude here from some brothers. My sincere advice would be to treat people politely as did the Prophet Muhammad SAWS with the bedouin who urinated in the masjid. Obviously an ignorant person like me can never talk like a mufti or a student of knowledge and obviously will make mistakes. So you can't correct some one's mistakes or "fine tune" some one's attitude in one go through posts.

I don't belong to a religous or scholarly family and it took me 15 years of emotionally and spiritually tough life to get to the right path. I have also spent 6 months with Jamiat Islami Tulaba in Syed Moudoodi Institute. I have spent some little time with various other organizations and people from various sects. However, when I spent some time with Tablighi Jamaat I loved them instantly. These tablighi brothers were not eloquent speakers like shia zakir whom I have heard. They were not as witty as some salafi pose to be. They were simple humble loving and caring brothers and this is what attracted me the most.

Through tabligh I got to know whom to listen and whom not to. Through Shaykh Mumtazul Haq Sahab I knew which madhab to follow and which path not to follow. But by asking a question from a forum I got ridiculed.

Now don't get me wrong because I shared this story. If any one has gotten offended from this or my previous posts, I apologize again.

Lastly I would like to share a book with you brothers.

The Prophet's (SAWS) methods for Correcting People's Mistakes
d1.islamhouse.com/data/en/ih_books/single/en_Correcting_P...
Rank Image
Pakistan
Brother
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2015 06:56
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Dear brother, from your first post it seemed clear that you are not a beginner, and you already know a lot (from the way you criticized Ulema, and then you posted the Jundullah video, hence my response to you). And since i know a lot of people, who get astray from emotionally filled jihadi videos, i told you to "fine tune". I am, Alhamdolillah, as much a jihadi as you or anyone else, and i love the ghurabah from the core of my heart, and may Allah raise me amongst them, ameen (although i don't deserve to be in them due to my sins). But unfortunately, true jihad has been tarnished by the salafis and the khawarij, and that's why one should be careful. As far as the true jihad and true mujahideen are concerned, inshaAllah they would continue till Mehdi (RA).

I did not want to prolong the discussion and respond to you, but since you have asked some questions directly to me, inshaAllah i shall present my views about them.

1. Lal masjid was a horrific incident, and please see my posts in detail on sunniforum regarding the topic. And for your kind information, Lal masjid is close to my place, and my heart still bleeds whenever i pass by.
2. However, i still stand by the majority of the ulema, that the actions and stance taken by Maulana Abdul Aziz (who i know very closely) was definitely not correct. There was NO doubt over his pure intentions and love for shariah and his great sacrifices, but his actions were definitely against wisdom and hikmah. And one of the reasons for that is he is also over-obsessed with Al-Qaeda and the salafi methodology. Frankly speaking, i don't count him a deobandi anymore. He even supports Daesh and ISIS, which is again very unfortunate.
3. I have read all books by Maulana Asim Umar (DB). I agree with his previous works about dajjali system and imam mehdi (RA), but i severely disagree with his latest book "Adyaan ki jang". Again, he is salafi inclined and very pro Al-Qaeda, and definitely against the mindset of akabireen ulema e deoband. However, he is very sincere and muttaqi. Allah knows best.
4. I agree with Umm-e-Hassan on the shia attack.
5. Yes the western democracy is kufr. However, the democratic system of Pakistan is not kufr. I have written a lot about it and please search previous posts. But having said that, there is no way that I support this democratic system, and inshaAllah we all hope for khilafat to return. But i again SEVERELY disagree with this Al-Qaeda mindset of taking up arms and imposing khilafat through fasaad and killing.
6. Yes i agree with you, that the majority of muslim leaders have sold themselves, and are puppets of USA and west.
7. Yes i agree that paper money is not a valid islamic financial system.

Also please note that, due to privacy reasons, i can not answer each and every query of everyone on a public forum.

Duas requested.
Rank Image
Pakistan
Brother
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2015 07:01
Also dear brother, comparing yourself to the case of the person urinating in masjid is not correct.

You said "i want to learn deen"!

And then you started criticizing Ulema, and then you started posting your views about different things with references from Quran?? What does that mean brother??

And where have i been harsh or rude???? I have already written down a dozen times, that if you ALREADY KNOW the answers, then WHY DO YOU ask for opinions?? Where is "rudeness" in this sentence of mine? And how does that make one GO AWAY from deen??

Jump to page: