Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Does Tablighi Jamat use weak and fabricated narrations?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Arslan., abu mohammed, xs11ax, ibn Ismail
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 9th July 2014 21:29
Question:

I wanted to get your clarification on some of the narrations I find myself listening to these narrations again and again, I found myself questioning the authenticity and also it's context

A) The narration where if ponders over the Ummah and how it can improve thanit's a better than thousands years of worship? I read here it's been judged weak and/or fabricated:

www.muftisays.com/forums/14-peoples-say/8520-narrations-m...

B) I've been told even if one is sitting in Al-Haram or Al-Nabwi in the month of Ramadan and on a Friday no matter what ibadat he does it is not better than someone who JUST sleeps in the path of Allah he gets even a HIGHER reward?? So, someone can go on Jamat for 3 days to another nearby city and he gets more reward than someone who spends £1000 to go for Umrah/Haj in Ramadan and engage in much worship. I believe this is a narration from Hayatus Sahaba?

www.muftisays.com/forums/14-peoples-say/8520-narrations-m...

I've also been quoted this Hadith not the original text, but to the nearest meaning:

Just being in the Path of Allah (even for a short while) is better than Ibadah on laylatul Qadr, in front of the Hajr Aswad, as mentioned in the Riwayah of Ibn Hibban with an authentic chain. And from the Hadith in Tirmidhi where Abdullah bin Rawaha delayed going out in the path of Allah so that he could make Salatul Jumu'ah behind Rasulullah . So Rasulullah told him: Even if you spend whatever is in the world, you will not be able to achieve the reward of those who left in the morning.

My question

1) For a, is the narration for authentic?

2) For b, are the narrations authentic, it's meaning and can you post the original text along with the sanad, I have no access to these narrations.

Jazak'Allah.

Answer:

ASSALAMU ALAIKUM

11 Ramadhaan 1435 (9 July 2014)

[My full name]

Respected Brother,

Your e-mail dated 8 July 2014 refers.

The narrations which the Tablighi Jamaat narrates are generally correct/authentic. However, the problem is that they commit ghulu' (excess) in their interpretation. All the Ahaadith which are directly related to Jihad are misinterpreted by the Tablighi Jamaat. They apply the Jihad Ahaadith and even the Qur'aanic verses pertaining to Jihaad to their specific methodology of Tabligh. In so doing they are in grievous error. Ghulu' deflects a movement of Haqq from its straight course. The ultimate consequences are then bid'ah and dhalaal.

The narrations mentioning the great virtues of Jihad also have specific application. They do not apply in every instance. Take for example the person who answered the call of Jihad presented himself to Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam). Nabi-e-Kareem (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) instructed him to remain behind and tend to his mother, for that is his Jihad.

In different scenarios the rulings will change. The Hadith pertaining to Abdullah Bin Tawaha (radhiyallahu anhu) has absolutely no relevance to the Tabligh Jamaat methodology. Yet they baselessly cite it to convey the fallacy of their specific method being superior to all acts of ibaadat and other branches of Deeni services.

Was-salaam

A.S. Desai

For

Mujlisul Ulama of S.A.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+5 -0Like x 4Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 9th July 2014 21:30
Please lock the thread.
report post quote code quick quote reply