You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2020 21:55

I’ve travelled to the Ḥaram in iḥrām but the authorities won’t let me enter the masjid to perform Umra and are ordering me to remove the iḥrām garments otherwise they will not let me enter - what should I do?

This response is based on our current understanding and is subject to change as dictated by the Ḥaram authorities in KSA.

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ

One should not travel to the Ḥaram with the intention of Umra as the authorities are not permitting it in order to manage the spreading of the coronavirus.

However if one is there and have arrived in iḥrām then in the current situation men will have to change to their regular dress.

They can then enter the masjid and perform tawāf and give sadaqa equivalent to sadaqa al-fitr for violating the requirement of wearing stitched clothing; as it is envisaged the tawaf can be done easily within a few hours.

As the masā’ is inaccessible one cannot perform the sa’ī hence damm will have to be given due to this violation.

Once tawaf is complete then the man must shave or shorten his hair.

The woman’s situation will be as she would normally perform Umra except she will give damm for not conducting the sa’ī.

One must bear in mind that they are still in ihrām so they cannot conduct any other violations in these clothing like apply perfume, cut nails, intimacy with wife etc as other penalties will be due as they are still in iḥrām but just not wearing the standard iḥrām garments.

والله أعلم بالصواب

Muftī Amjad Mohammed

Darul Ifta Department. Wifaqul Ulamā

www.wifaqululama.co.uk/

report post quote code quick quote reply