Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Displaying Images of Women - Permissible?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 7th December 2018 14:14
Assalamualaykum, 

If I were to download existing videos from Youtube and then edit parts of it and re-upload it to Youtube, but that video has images of women talking (or even just the voice of the women without the woman's image), then would this re-posting of videos be allowed in the Shariah?
Youtube pays me a certain amount based on how many views I can get to a video which I upload.

So if I take somebody else's video and edit it (all legally), then reupload it, but with elements of women in there, or a woman's voice in there, or football scenes with men's knees uncovered, would these video postings be permissible?
Although the focus of the video is not to display these aspects, but they happen to be included in the subject of the video.
I'd really appreciate a speedy answer.

Jazakallah
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 7th December 2018 15:06
“And cooperate in righteousness and piety, but do not cooperate in sin and aggression. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is severe in penalty”

[al-Maa’idah 5:2].

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 7th December 2018 15:07
Question:
I have a channel on a website named youtube.com and i uploaded some Islamic videos there like lectures of Islamic preachers some naats and hamd etc.

so after some time YouTube started to pay money behalf of how many people watch videos i also got some money from YouTube, the concept behind giving money is they put some advertise on video when somebody watch video, advertise also show there…

i also investigate witch type of advertise they show i search in account by which they keep detail of earning money (Google Ad Sense) we need to register same YouTube account to get earn and get money, in setting of this account there is categories of type of advertise they show on videos, we can turn on/off which add we want to show or don’t want to show

i want to know that that money can i use, is it haram or halal, if halal so can i give it to any mosque and if it is haram so what should i do of that money

Answer
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

There are differences of opinion among the contemporary Ulama whether digital pictures fall in the category of tasweer (making pictures of animate objects) or not. Whilst we do tolerate and respect different views, we strongly discourage such a source of income.

The money earned through these adverts could be given to the poor without any intention of reward.

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Safwaan Ibn Ml Ahmed Ibn Ibrahim

Student Darul Iftaa
Limbe, Malawi

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/102848
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 7th December 2018 15:08
Q: If I make a video and I upload it on YouTube, when people watch that video then I receive money for that, if that video does not include animate objects and only my voice is included with that video, is this money legal in Islam?

Bismillaah

A: We discourage this.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
islamqa.org/hanafi/muftionline/112085
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 7th December 2018 15:09
Q: Can I make health videos on youtube in which I use picture slide show. I change my voice and show various benefits of natural foods. I have to put ads to make some earning. Is the money halaal or not?

Bismillaah

A: No.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 7th December 2018 17:51
The above posts require some explanation because the no answers are for different aspects, rather than my particular question.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 7th December 2018 19:07
Webkept wrote:
View original post

Each answer is specific to their query. I am sharing answers the are provided by scholars (I am not a scholar).

Each answer has pieces of information relevant to your query.

Each answer is of a lesser sin than what you describe.

Your question requires:

Copyright infringement rules (although you said, all legal)

Females

Female voices

Animate objects

Visuals of body parts, be it knees or head.

If you see the answers, even the simplest form of question is discouraged.

The verse of the Quran InshaAllah should've sufficed.

My aim was to point you in the right direction if a specific answer is not readily available.

Hope that helps.
No post ratings