Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Nose Bleed Purification Question

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2017 02:29
Assalamualikum I was hoping you could help me with this major problem which is destroying my life which I have.

It will only take you a minute to read, and it would seriously help me, as I am struggling badly.

I had a nose bleed and used a shower head to wash the blood away from the inside of my nose.

However, whilst washing the inside of my nose of blood, water went up and higher than the nose into the nasal cavity.
Obviously, this water wasnt clean as it was mixed with blood.

Now I m worried that my nasal clarity has blood and I can smell it at times, but obviously it's very difficult to clean the nasal cavity.

I am more worried that any snot (nasal mucus) that comes into my nose is now impure.

And when I wash my face in Wudu, some water inevitably enters my nose and mix with the nasal mucus this will become impure, and suddenly even washing my face becomes very difficult

Please can you help urgently
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2017 09:38

Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani http://islamqa.org/hanafi/qibla-hanafi/34867

When does nose bleeding break wudu and does it break wudu when I blow my nose and a very little amount of blood comes out, too?

Answer:In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Walaikum assalam,

When blood flows down to the nose—even if only to the bony upper part—one’s wudu is broken. [Bada’i` (1.26), Hindiyya (1.11) quoting al-Muhit, Radd al-Muhtar (1.134) quoting Fath al-Qadir of Ibn al-Humam and al-Bahr al-Ra’iq of Ibn Nujaym]

However, if a clot of blood is found in the nose, it does not break one's wudu. [ibid]

As for blood that comes out when blowing one's nose:

a) if from a flowing wound in the nose, it breaks wudu;

b) if it flowed down into the nose, it breaks wudu;

c) if one sneezes and a clot of blood comes out, wudu is not broken in order to break wudu, the blood needs to have flowed;

d) if one puts a finger into one's nose, blood found on the finger will not break wudu, unless it was such that one is reasonably sure that it had flowed.

And Allah alone gives success.

Wassalam,

Faraz Rabbani

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2017 09:39
islamqa.org/hanafi/daruliftaa/8572

If you have a nose bleed, but the blood doesn’t come out of the nose, then does the wudu break?

ANSWER

In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,

Almost all of the books in the Hanafi Madhhab explain that, if blood exits from any part of one’s body and flows to a place upon which the command of purification applies, then one’s Wudu will be nullified.

Imam al-Quduri (Allah have mercy on him) states in his al-Mukhtasar/al-Kitab:

“(From among those things that nullify one’s wudu) is the exiting of blood and pus when they flow past the point of exit to a place upon which the command of purification applies.” (See: al-Lubab fi Sharh al-Kitab, 1/36-37)

The meaning of this is that, if blood exits from one’s body and flows to a place that is required to be washed during ablution (wudu) or ritual purification bath (ghusl), then it will nullify one’s wudu.

For example, if blood exited from a cut on my hand, and flowed onto the palm of my hand, then my Wudu will be nullified, because the blood has flowed to a place (palm) that is required to be washed in both Wudu and Ghusl.

It should be remembered that, flowing of the blood will nullify one’s Wudu whether actually or effectively (such that if left un-wiped, it would have flowed).

Keeping the above explanation in mind, it becomes evident that nose-bleed also nullifies one’s Wudu. If the blood exited and flowed inside the nose to the soft part of the nose, then Wudu will be nullified. The reason being that, the washing of the inside of one’s nose is obligatory during an obligatory bath (ghusl), thus if blood flowed to a place that is required to be washed (whether in Wudu or Ghusl), then Wudu will be nullified.

However, if the blood did not flow to the soft part (bone) of the nose, then one’s Wudu will not be nullified.

And Allah Knows Best

[Mufti] Muhammad ibn Adam
Darul Iftaa
Leicester , UK
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2017 13:04
Just to confirm, this issue was not from the perspective of Wudu.

The issue is to do with impurity as opposed to Wudu

Some of the blood mixed with water actually went up into the nasal cavity.

The issue was now, whether all the mucus in my nose is now continuously impure as it's come from the nasal cavity

If you could help me with this, it would be really helpful, as it's causing much daily hardship in my life, and I don't know the answer
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2017 13:52
Please bear in mind the rules and the fact that we will nt get into a discussion here. From what is understood, you are now asking if the mucus and nasal discharge is forever impure?

It will be very difficult to find a matching answer and maybe one of the learned members can find the correct answer or one of the Ulama can respond.

Your question is similar to that of inhalling an impure substance or swalling an impurity, therefore I hope the below answer helps.

Your issue may well be to do with satanic whispers causing you many doubts and concerns (post to follow)

QUESTION

Sometimes, there is a just little blood that comes out of my gums during prayer. If I swallow this, does it invalidate my prayer?

Answer:
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Walaikum assalam,

In the name of Allah, the inspirer of truth. All praise is to Allah, Most Merciful and Compassionate, and all blessings and peace to our Master Muhammad, his family, companions, and those who follow them.

A little blood (which is such that if you spat out, the spit would be yellowish, nor reddish) does not invalidate one’s wudu. Swallowing it would not invalidate the prayer.

In the Fatawa al-Hindiyya [Kitab al-Salat, fi ma la yufsiduha], it states:

“If one swallows blood that came out from one’s gums, the prayer is not invalidated, unless it is a mouthful, as mentioned in Fatawa Qadikhan, al-Khulasa,and al-Muhit.”

And Allah alone gives success.

Wassalam,

Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani islamqa.org/hanafi/qibla-hanafi/36940
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2017 13:53
Praise be to Allaah.
What the questioner mentions has to do with a kind of waswaas (whispers from the shaytaan), because purification and prayer are simple matters that do not need such concern. The religion of Allaah is easy and there is no hardship in it, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and [Allaah] has not laid upon you in religion any hardship”

[al-Hajj 22:78]

“Allaah intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you”

[al-Baqarah 2:185]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the glad tidings that you will be rewarded.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (39).

The remedy for what you are suffering involves three things:

1- Constantly persisting in remembering Allaah, may He be exalted.

2- Turning to Him and asking Him for healing and recovery from this problem.

3- Turning away completely from that which the waswaas is calling you to do. So when you have relieved yourself and washed yourself (istinja’), get up and do not pay any attention to whether your hand touched a taahir (pure) place after touching the najaasah (impurity), or that drops of the istinja’ water landed on your feet or body, because the basic principle is that things remain taahir (pure), and uncertainty as to whether your body or clothes have become impure does not have any effect. You should understand that your body and clothes, the place where you pray, and other things are pure and continue to be regarded as pure unless we are certain that they have become impure. As for doubts, imagination and waswaas, no attention should be paid to them.

Part of islamqa.info/en/100268
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2017 16:44

smvs wrote:
View original post

You may suffer from OCD so please ask your Doctor to refer to your a comptent Physician.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2017 17:07
smvs wrote:
View original post

the simple answer to ur question is that ur mucus is not impure. if you do not see blood then ignore all the doubts.
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2017 17:07
smvs wrote:
View original post

Bismillahi Ta'ala,

Once you wash your nose, and the impression of blood is not longer visible, your impurity has been cleansed.

Even if you feel that there is some blood in your nasal cavity, then too impurity of nose has been cleansed.

Just carry on with basic washing of your nose as usual. If at anytime you see blood, then blow and rub your inner nose with warm water like you would in Wudhu. That is sufficient and you do not need to worry.

If you wish to clean your sinus cavity, which you can use warm saline water to snort and blow. This is not a requirement, just additional hygine for your own self.

Other than that, there is nothing to worry about. Relax and focus on other issues.

Wallahu A'lam
+5 -0Like x 5