View original post

Jazakallah for clarification.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 20:55
But officer, I'm a Muslim and I just had some samosas!

+5 -0Winner x 2Creative x 3
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 21:03

Asslamo Allaikum Shaykh (Mufti) Tosir Miah Saheb (HA),

I found a personal email from you to a Maulana stating that Jus-rol is Halal. The same Maulana also sent the query to SANHA who also stated that its Halal. Shaykh (Mufti) Abdullah Patel (HA) ruled that its Haram. The issue is not Ethanol but due to it being (actively) added and the quantity (I guess), would you take a look at the ruling which you provided?

Shaykh (Mufti) Tosir Miah Saheb (HA): You know that there is a difference of opinion on the matter?

Muadh Khan: This isn't about Ethanol but the mechanism of its addition and the quantity, I would hazard a guess but you need to confirm...

Shaykh (Mufti) Tosir Miah Saheb (HA): O! I see what you are saying...Jazakallahu Khayran for bringing this to my attention and I will discuss the matter with Shaykh (Mufti) Shabbir Saheb (HA) and get back to you...

+4 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd March 2015 11:26
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Muadh bhai did you get any further correspondence with mufti tosir miah saab?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd March 2015 11:54
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd March 2015 12:46
how do you know mufti tosir?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 28th March 2015 18:07
Just called Mufti Saheb and he is on the case to get this confirmed, InshaAllah
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 30th May 2016 23:39
Back in demand.

Any changes
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 15th June 2016 14:21
No post ratings
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 6th February 2017 17:58
I just got to this page from the oil thread. I'm confused. why do the imams say ethanol is halal in one place and in others it is haram. I understand what muaz is saying, but I don't get issue here. both items have ethanol in it, but one is tayib and the other aint. 👀
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 16th February 2017 20:34

16FEB2017

Muadh Khan: Mufti Saheb your Fatwa on JusRoll is causing some confusion because isn’t ethanol supposed to be permissable? So why is the product declared Haram?

Mufti Abdullah Patel: Basically,  I have exercised caution due to the fact that it (Alcohol) is an added ingredient and JusRoll told me that not all Alcohol evaporates.

Muadh Khan: Mufti Saheb can I make your response public or is it private for me?

Mufti Abdullah Patel: Yes you can.

+1 -0
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 16th February 2017 22:50
So if ethanol is added as a carrier for flavouring the food is Halaal, but if it is added not as a carrier it is Haraam. Am i correct?
No post ratings
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 24th February 2017 11:28
Other Ulama allow trace amounts of alcohol so long it doesn't intoxicate. Difference of opinion on this. Adding alcohol as a carrier is still adding, and even then trace amounts are always left.
No post ratings
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 24th February 2017 11:48
And also this difference between trace and small amounts of alcohol doesn’t make any sense. As long as the small amount of alcohol is mixed with another food and can't intoxicate then there's no difference to trace amounts of alcohol added directly as a carrier. Even 10% alcohol mixed with food is not enough to make you drunk.

This is from shaykh ibn uthaymin. He's Hanbali but Deobandis don't have monopoly on truth and the fatwa is consistent unlike some others which try to compare the dire need to have alcohol with pork being temporarily allowed under extreme situations, or making a weird difference between alcohol added and alcohol added as carrier etc

"We do not think that any alcoholic content in a thing makes it haraam, rather if something contains a percentage of alcohol which will make a person intoxicated if he drinks it, then it is haraam. But if the amount is miniscule and does not have any effect, then it is halaal.

Some people think that the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Whatever intoxicates in large quantities, a little of it is haraam”, mean that if a small percentage of an intoxicant is mixed with a large amount of a substance that is not intoxicating, then it is haraam. This is a misunderstanding of the hadeeth. “Whatever intoxicates in large quantities, a little of it is haraam” means that if a lot of something will cause intoxication, and a little of it will not cause intoxication, then a lot or a little are both haraam, because you may drink a little that does not cause intoxication, then you may be tempted to drink more and become intoxicated. But if something is mixed with alcohol but the alcohol is a small amount and does not have any effect, then it is halaal and does not come under the ruling of this hadeeth. "

Al-Baab al-Maftooh, 3/381-382.

No post ratings
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 25th February 2017 07:35
Question:
Can you plz tell me whether Bacardi Breezer is halal? it specifies that it has 4.8 % alcohol in it. Can you tell me whether it is halal or not?

Answer by Shaykh Assim al-Hakeem:

If a person drinks three or four bottles and he is intoxicated, it is forbidden to drink. But if it doesn’t intoxicates him, it is permissible to drink.
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What letters are in the word in blue?