Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Naqshband66, abu mohammed, Taalibah
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2013 01:32
I was travelling via Bus in India a day ago. I had to take 3 buses.
In one place I got down and went to answer Nature Call 1 in a public bathroom, It was so dirty and no facility for water & I took a mineral water bottle. It was so difficult wearing a jeans and using a public toilet.

What if I wore a lungi? - Masha Allah, that would have been comfortable and we can be saved from najasah touching our clothes. Unfortunately, the British implemented their country's dressing style and is strictly followed by Indians.

Bottomline - While travelling long distance in India, wear a lungi; but more than that its our duty to be in Sunnah every micro second. Sunnah Saves

The distance between my masjid and railway track is apprx. 200 m. After maghrib time, I thought of going for a short walk to the railway track. It was bit dark. I saw a stick nearby and took it with me; as its Sunnah to walk with a Stick/Staff. When I took few steps in the dark with the Stick, suddenly a dog which was very close to me ran away.

Bottomline - While travelling in dark/remote places carry a Staff(consider the Staff as Sunnah); but more than than its our duty to walk with sunnah every nano second. Sunnah saves
report post quote code quick quote reply
+5 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2013 07:29
Yeah its true sunnah saves..
+1 -0Agree x 1
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 18th December 2013 17:14
As we are all aware, one of the main causes of punishment in the grave is due to carelessness in regards to urine.
We have to be particularily careful when using western style toilets.

what I want to know is what do people do in order to prevent splashbacks?

Iv been told that i should throw in a bunch of tissue to act as shock absorbers, but this wastes sooo much tissue. One brother told me that he put a piece of polystyrene since it doesnt get flushed, my mum would never allow this so this is also not practical.

So anyone have any other ideas?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 18th December 2013 17:23
Guest-122360 wrote:
View original post

You sound like a brother (male)

Well, the solution is to sit down!!! And if you are using public toilets, them its up to you to make sure the toilet is clean before using it.
+0 -0Agree x 1
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 18th December 2013 23:21
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

errrrrm, im actually talking about sitting down!! if i am not concerned with sitting down then i dont see why i would be concerned about more subtle matters.
thing is despite sitting down, there is still the danger of splashbacks.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 18th December 2013 23:45
Guest-122360 wrote:
View original post

All you need is to place a strip of toilet paper on top of the water in the toilet and it will eliminate splashback. You don't need alot, one square piece of toilet paper would suffice.
+2 -0Like x 2
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 20th December 2013 02:07
I am in US right now and in US and Canada, water levels in the toilet bowls are significantly higher then UK so there is "potential" for splashback so the Ulamah advise to drop Toilet Papers in the toilet before using them...This problem doesn't exist in UK or Europe.

even if you sit down you have issued with splashback!
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Yellow' written in?