ah ha ... now it adds up :-(
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 20th March 2013 22:02
AllahFearing wrote:
Did you know that the Halal Food Festival is being organised by the son of Masood Khawaja president of the HFA. His full name is Noman Khawaja. And the event is being organised with the HFA?

This is all a mess. The rest you will have figured out!

Jazakallah for that, SubhanAllah. Like father like son.

If only the Muslims would protest or attend the festival with huge banners protesting against HFA, that should give other Muslims a wake-up call.
No post ratings
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 5th September 2013 16:15
As-salam alaykum,

Firstly I would like to say, I myself am not a fan of the HFA. My Family and I only buy/eat at HMC approved places. But I am having a sweet stall at the event (in my defence I didn't know HFA were in charge at the time).

But here me out brothers and sisters!

I can vouch for one thing, the organisers have been very thorough in determining what ingredients each supplier uses. They have stated time and again that it has to be in line with the Quran and Sunnah. And anything in a 'grey' area is deemed invalid. I can vouch for my stall and say everything in it would be HMC approved if they were the governing body. I think a few of the restaurants at the event use HMC as their approved body anyway. HFA is only doing the overview and they have done a good job so far I have to admit, for my food stall anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I will still approach HFA warily, and if I ever open a restaurant, I will have HMC do the inspection.
I hope this helps.
Ma-Salam
+0 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 6th September 2013 11:12
salaam

the food aside, how halal is the actual festival?
+3 -0Agree x 2Winner x 1
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 6th September 2013 13:16
Wasalam,

Are you enquiring about whether the event is segregated? Well I presume it's not, I don't think I've been to an Islamic festival/exhibition which is segregated (apart from maybe the Jimas ones).
I'm not saying this event is perfect, of course its not. What I tried to put across is my experience with HFA.

Kind regards

Ma-salam

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 6th September 2013 13:46
Opposite of halaal would be Haraam

So your saying the exhibition is Haram due to free intermingling

Some food is HFA and some HMC

So a Haram exhibition with maybe some halal and Haram food?

Interesting concept!

+1 -0Like x 1
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 6th September 2013 15:11
Okay Sister, if that's how you evaluate it, then so be it. I have explained how HFA approached me, and what criteria they asked for. I'm not a follower of HFA and do not eat at HFA restaurants (just to be sure) however they have shown to have a very strict criteria on what was Halal/Haram when it came to my stall. Being a practising Muslim chef, I am aware of every ingredient that goes into my food. I don't use anything that could be considered questionable. I cannot answer for anyone else. My food is in no way Haram sister. May I remind you that the other contributors are also Muslim, I don't think they are out to get people to eat Haram Foods, and it is very disheartening for you to mistrust them without research.

Lastly, if you think these kind of exhibitions are Haram for other reasons, well that's a whole other discussion. I only responded in the food section to discuss whether the Halal Festival was selling Halal food or not.

I hope I didn't offend you anyway.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 6th September 2013 15:31
The issue is not about how strictly they checked you out.

Its about how they render food as Halal.

Their methods maybe agreed upon by many scholars, even within our own likes, but its SO pathetic.

www.muftisays.com/forums/82-the-food-section/7323-halal-f... How can we justify a killed animal as Halal?

For many people in the industry, they don't really know the difference or the actual rules of Zabihah, they pick-up a "How to" guide from HFA and there you go, the takeaway is now HFA approved.

Have you seen the Mechanical slaughter that HFA say is Halal, watch the video here www.muftisays.com/forums/82-the-food-section/7041-mechani...
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 6th September 2013 15:37
lemonade_stand wrote:
View original post

No offence intended and no offence taken brother, we are all entitled to our own opinions and thoughts, that's why this thread is under the 'sharing and voicing' section.
+1 -0Like x 1
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 6th September 2013 16:17
That is why I don't eat at HFA approved restaurants, I don't believe the way they asses meat is in accordance with conservative guidelines of Haram and Halal. But I know many practising Muslims who see no qualms about eating HFA approved meat. At the expo, I know of 2/3 restaurants which are not definitely not HMC approved, I will therefore not be buying meat (or related products) there. I myself am not selling poultry/meat and the majority of food stalls there won't be selling it either.

On a side note: If we really delve into what meats are really halal, one could argue that none of the poultry/meat we eat in the UK is authentically halal. But that Brother is a very long and hefty discussion for another day.

Ma'salam

(Sister Talibah, unfortunately we can sometimes come across as offensive in an online setting if we don't know who we are speaking to, so I just wanted to be clear that I didn't mean to cause offence.)
+0 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 6th September 2013 17:43
Wasn't questioning the HMC food here, more the HFA foods, but like you say the poultry issue is a whole different discussion.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 6th September 2013 17:43
lets call a spade a spade...

the event itself is haraam, and there is no guarantee that all the food is going to be halaal due to the erroneous criteria employed by the HFA.

why would any muslim want to go there?
+3 -0Agree x 3
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 18th September 2013 02:03
So you emailed the event Noman to complain that they are associated with the HFA. You mean Noman Khawaja the head of HFA and director of the halal food festival. Lol
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 18th September 2013 11:45

Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Yes to fulfill his Islamic duty of informing another Muslim and advising them to correct his behavior. Guidance is from Allah (SWT) but he has done his job and what is required of him.

+3 -0Like x 1Agree x 2
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2013 02:29
lemonade_stand wrote:
View original post

Nonsense - Masood Khawaja has retired and the son is now in charge. Checking the ingredients according to HFA standards is an extremely loose interpretation. HFA always claimed to follow Quran and Sunnah but never bothered much with follow up checks after certification.
+0 -0

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What part of the day is the background image (it's not day)?