You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2012 22:26
Is stunning permissable and is it better to refrain.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2012 22:37
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2012 22:38
There is a difference of opinion amongst the ulama. You are better off asking your local mufti of his opinion. Wallahu a'lam.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2012 23:02
I'm mot in a position to pass any ruling, but from ally research in the last few days, I have come to learn that some poultry places use a low 4volts, which seems to be safe and some use 30volts which seems to be more dangerous.

I have also seen videos (posted on page 1) of halal abattoirs using 220volts on sheep in which the witness said that he saw the eyes roll back.

The Mufti's can pass any judgement they want, but it would have to be according to every abattoir on an individual basis and I think the ulama should be made aware of this.

I have emailed plenty of abattoirs and they have turned out to be more in it for the money more than anything else.

Allahu alum.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2012 23:16
What do you.do if u go sumones house chickens served,how are you suppose to know of the meat origin
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2012 23:26
That is for the ulama to answer.

They say you have give them the benefit of the doubt.

Its like asking them if they worked in an interest based place and if their salary was halal. If the salary was Haram, the food is Haram. Here the ulama again say something.

Best to get an answer from an Alim.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2012 23:27
Freemans i think is between 39v and 52v.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2012 23:33

"Daywalk3r" wrote:

I think I read on masuds blog that the slaughter man for Freemans was a Gujarati man and he uses 4 volts.Allahu alum.Must be verified.I prefer to have my chicken slaughtered before it gets fried at 40 volts. SubhanAllah
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2012 23:39

"abu mohammed" wrote:

"Daywalk3r" wrote:

I think I read on masuds blog that the slaughter man for Freemans was a Gujarati man and he uses 4 volts.Allahu alum.Must be verified.I prefer to have my chicken slaughtered before it gets fried at 40 volts. SubhanAllah

39v http://masudblog.com/?p=202/feed

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2012 23:49

"abu mohammed" wrote:

"Daywalk3r" wrote:

I prefer to have my chicken slaughtered before it gets fried at 40 volts. SubhanAllah

im sure we all do. however if 40volts dont fry em (beyound any doubts) and if left after some seconds their still alive and erm clucking then thats fine with me... 

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2012 00:01
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2012 00:15

"abu mohammed" wrote:
Well see here, Masuds blog This is where I read it at 4.2 volts masudblog.com/?p=144

interesting. maybe the decimal point was put in the wrong place in either one of the reports. the other 52v figure i have is from a written report from a site visit from three Cardiff based ulama on Fri 24th April 2009

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Sister
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2012 00:18
Yes ali bham is a gujurati man and if i remember correctly, mufti abdullah patel saheb also went to investigate at freemans
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2012 22:42
"Daywalk3r" wrote:

"abu mohammed" wrote:

"Daywalk3r" wrote:

I prefer to have my chicken slaughtered before it gets fried at 40 volts. SubhanAllah

im sure we all do. however if 40volts dont fry em (beyound any doubts) and if left after some seconds their still alive and erm clucking then thats fine with me... 

I'm not sure where I stand with regards to stunning. If its 4 volts, then I guess...

But after reading this, I'm not sure what to do.

REASONS WHY CHICKENS ARE STUNNED ARE AS FOLLOWS:

1. YOU CAN DO UP TO 15,000 OR MORE CHICKENS PER HOUR THUS REQUIRING LESS STAFF WHICH MEANS LESS OVERHEADS AND MORE PROFIT FOR THE CHEATING WHOLESALER AND RETAILER.

1. STUNNING RESULTS IN AN INCREASE IN THE WEIGHT OF THE BIRD OF ABOUT 10% OF ITS TOTAL WEIGHT. THE INCREASE DOES NOT BENEFIT THE CONSUMER BECAUSE IT IS CLOTTED BLOOD IN THE VEINS AND ARTERIES.

1. POULTRY SLAUGHTER HOUSES ARE VERY KEEN TO STUN AS MANY CHICKENS AS POSSIBLE IN THE LEAST POSSIBLE TIME AND SO COMMERCIAL INTERESTS HAVE OFTEN BEEN THE OVERRIDING FACTOR.

HOW TO RECOGNISE STUNNED CHICKEN:

1. WHEN THE CHICKENS ARE STUNNED THEY DO NOT FLAP THEIR WINGS, WHICH MEANS YOU WILL NOT FIND ANY BROKEN WINGS.

1. If YOU OPEN UP THE CHICKEN YOU WILL SEE SPECKS OF BLOOD ON THE INSIDE OF THE BREAST FILLET.

1. IF THE STUN IS SEVERE THE WISH BONE WILL BE BROKEN.

1. THE LEG MEAT IS DARK BECAUSE BLOOD IS STILL IN THE MEAT.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 29th August 2012 00:17

"abu mohammed" wrote:
"Daywalk3r" wrote:
"abu mohammed" wrote:
"Daywalk3r" wrote:
I'm not sure where I stand with regards to stunning. If its 4 volts, then I guess... But after reading this, I'm not sure what to do. REASONS WHY CHICKENS ARE STUNNED ARE AS FOLLOWS: 1. YOU CAN DO UP TO 15,000 OR MORE CHICKENS PER HOUR THUS REQUIRING LESS STAFF WHICH MEANS LESS OVERHEADS AND MORE PROFIT FOR THE CHEATING WHOLESALER AND RETAILER. 1. STUNNING RESULTS IN AN INCREASE IN THE WEIGHT OF THE BIRD OF ABOUT 10% OF ITS TOTAL WEIGHT. THE INCREASE DOES NOT BENEFIT THE CONSUMER BECAUSE IT IS CLOTTED BLOOD IN THE VEINS AND ARTERIES. 1. POULTRY SLAUGHTER HOUSES ARE VERY KEEN TO STUN AS MANY CHICKENS AS POSSIBLE IN THE LEAST POSSIBLE TIME AND SO COMMERCIAL INTERESTS HAVE OFTEN BEEN THE OVERRIDING FACTOR. HOW TO RECOGNISE STUNNED CHICKEN: 1. WHEN THE CHICKENS ARE STUNNED THEY DO NOT FLAP THEIR WINGS, WHICH MEANS YOU WILL NOT FIND ANY BROKEN WINGS. 1. If YOU OPEN UP THE CHICKEN YOU WILL SEE SPECKS OF BLOOD ON THE INSIDE OF THE BREAST FILLET. 1. IF THE STUN IS SEVERE THE WISH BONE WILL BE BROKEN. 1. THE LEG MEAT IS DARK BECAUSE BLOOD IS STILL IN THE MEAT.

if X amount of volts dont fry em (beyound any doubts nor cause any of the above) and if left after some seconds their still alive and erm clucking then thats fine with me...  

No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the red shape ('round' is not a shape)?