4 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 29th August 2012 17:00

UNITED KINGDOM

http://www.zabihah.com/ad.php?id=33

UK Halal Corporation

Headquarters: Fairgate House, 205 Kings Road, Tysley, Birmingham, West Midlands B11 2AA

Description: The National Halal Products Certification Scheme has been developed by the UK Halal Corporation Limited to promote the benefits of Halal products throughout the UK .SAI Global/EFSIS are approved inspectors by the UK Halal Corporation.

There are two stages of approval under the UK Halal corporation standard:

- A production facility can be approved and certified as suitable for the production of Halal products in terms of systems facilities.

- The second stage of approval is that of the product. This requires not only the specific site to be approved but also for each site in the supply chain to be approved to the standard, or a standard accepted by the Board, and for the product itself to be considered Halal. Only products with full traceability through approved sites can be labelled with the National Halal Products Scheme Mark of Approval.

There are currently many falsely labelled Halal products on the market in Britain and by using this accreditation and certification, consumers will be assured of genuine Halal products.

UK Halal Corporation certified products are acceptable to all Muslims as strict standards are implemented in its certification process.

Phone: No phone available
Email: Click here to send

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 29th August 2012 17:03
Thats all of the UK Covered. InshaAllah results will be updated.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 29th August 2012 22:43
So far I have emailed all of the USA, UK, Australia, Canada, South Africa, The Netherlands, Vietnam, Thailand certifiers.

Some of the email addresses are incorrect and a couple don't have any contact details.

InshaAllah, I will update the thread when I hear from anyone.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 30th August 2012 00:17
Above post updated. Many more countries emailed, many more to do inshaAllah
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 30th August 2012 10:23

"rizmalek" wrote:
I think we should have concentrated on the UK first. Because we know the UK ulema (non-dodgy one's) are against mechanical Slaughtering and Stunning. However we are not aware of the fatwaa's for another country. For example South Africa's SANHA allow stunning for thier chickens and their case its because of the over whelming muslim population in South Africa.

I did, and there are only two who match your needs. Having said that, many non-dodgey Ulama allow stunning to a certain extent because they have seen the results of the chicken after stunning and they are fine according to them.

Therefore I (personally) would eat from

I would have eaten from Subway too, but since their meat supplier doesnt see any difference in Christian, Jewish, Shia and Allah knows if there are any more, I will refrain from it InshaAllah.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 30th August 2012 10:47
abu mohammed wrote:
So far I have emailed all of the USA, UK, Australia, Canada, South Africa, The Netherlands, Vietnam, Thailand certifiers.

Some of the email addresses are incorrect and a couple don't have any contact details.

InshaAllah, I will update the thread when I hear from anyone. [/quote]

Halal Standard Institute of Thailand wrote:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
info@halal.or.th
The recipient's e-mail address isn't correct.
[/quote]

National Independent Halaal Trust wrote:

nict@halaal.org.za
[/quote]

Islamic Council of Western Australia
wrote
:
Sorry your message to ghauri399@yahoo.com cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued [#102].
[/quote]

Halal Monitoring Authority (HMA) wrote:

Thank you for your email.
We have received your email, but it may take some time to review it as
we receive an overwhelming number of emails per day.

Thank you in advance for your patience.

Sincerely,
HMA Public Relations / Customer Service Team

--
Halal Monitoring Authority (HMA)
1562 Danforth Avenue, P.O. Box 72031,
Toronto Ontario, M4J 1P0, Canada
Tel: 416 731-2247 Fax: 416 981-3247
Email: info@hmacanada.org
[/quote]

[quote="Gold Coast Halal Certification Services "]
imrhus@gchalal.com

[quote="Australian Federation of Islamic Councils"]
afichalal@bigpond.com

[quote="Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America "]Thank you for contacting us
Dear Abu Mohammed:
Thank you for your questions/comments. We will contact you shortly.

Your Email: ....@....
Request Date: August 29, 2012

[quote="Authentic Halal Services "]
contact@authentichalalservices.com

[quote="Institute of Islamic Juriprudence Bately UK"]
ysacha@halaaldirectory.co.uk

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 30th August 2012 11:15
Continuing from last nite

Argentina, Brazil, Malaysia and Russia do not have any contact details

I have also emailed
Brunai
Germany
Ireland
Kenya
New Zealand
Spain

Alhumdulillah, that completes the whole list from the Zabihah website. I have emailed every possible certifier with the following questions

abu mohammed wrote:

Salaam,

I was wondering if you could help me with a few queries regarding the slaughter methods you allow and disallow.

My main query is on the following;

1: Do you authorize stunning of any kind?

2: Do you authorize Mechanical slaughter?

3: Do you authorize the slaughter of the people of the book?

4: Do you authorize slaughter of shia/sunni/qadyani slaughter?

Jazakallah in advance.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Sent from my HTC

InshaAllah, I shall add my replies as and when they come in.

Jazakallahu Khair.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd January 2013 14:10
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd January 2013 14:16
I had to pick up lunch for a friend from a takeway formerly SAM'S. This particular branch of SAM'S was HFA approved. The shop has since changed management and also its name to WALLI'S. Although the two branches look identical with its colours and menu's etc, the new branch is no longer HFA, it is now certified by Eden Valley.

(I just thought I'd let you know because I've stayed away from SAM'S and WALLI'S assuming they were the same)

Please Note: Not every branch are the same, they have their own individual suppliers
No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2013 03:23

"abu mohammed" wrote:

"rizmalek" wrote:
I think we should have concentrated on the UK first. Because we know the UK ulema (non-dodgy one's) are against mechanical Slaughtering and Stunning. However we are not aware of the fatwaa's for another country. For example South Africa's SANHA allow stunning for thier chickens and their case its because of the over whelming muslim population in South Africa.

I did, and there are only two who match your needs. Having said that, many non-dodgey Ulama allow stunning to a certain extent because they have seen the results of the chicken after stunning and they are fine according to them.

Therefore I (personally) would eat from

I would have eaten from Subway too, but since their meat supplier doesnt see any difference in Christian, Jewish, Shia and Allah knows if there are any more, I will refrain from it InshaAllah.

salaamualaikum

did any of you brothers ever read about sanha's exposure through the majlisul ulema of south africa? i highly recommend every one to see how far money and greed will push muslims to violate the sacred law of zabiha that allah ta'ala placed on the ummah.i agree with the majlis, every muslim should be their own halal certification and not rely on scraps of paper that are being peddled around for a monetary gain.here in the usa its the same story.muslims shouldnt trust logos or certificates.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2013 10:51
Jazakallah, I contacted majlisul ulaama and Alhumdulillah they sent me a whole file of pdfs to go through. Very sad situation they are in. May Allah make it easy for us all.
No post ratings
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2013 22:02
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

salaam please can you post your source
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2013 22:05
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 1st July 2013 14:07
salaam

how can ulama guarantee that EVERY SINGLE chicken which is stunned is not killed in the process except by witnessing EVERY SINGLE chicken being stunned?

i suppose the person who carries out the stunning and slaughter would be in a better position to give the guarantee, but how is it possible for a person who does not witness the stunning to give his guarantee?

i suppose what they are really doing is giving a guarantee for the trustworthy-ness of the whole operation of that particular business?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 19th November 2013 13:58
السلام عليكم

بسم الله الرحمن اللرحيم

UAE leads global halal standardisation drive

Dubai: UAE is taking a lead in efforts to create unified global halal standards that would offer a single point of reference and certification to manufacturers, consumers as well as suppliers.
The comprehensive framework of standards and regulations that the Emirates Standardisation and Metrology Authority (Esma) is currently formulating will not only cover food but will also regulate cosmetics and personal care products as well as textile and leather products.

The all-encompassing UAE Halal Scheme that Esma has formed and which is currently awaiting cabinet approval will be in place by the end of 2014, Farah Al Zarouni, Director of Standardisation at Esma, told the Halal Symposium at the Dubai International Food Safety Conference.

Farah, who is also the chairperson of Turkey-based Standardisation and Metrology Institute of Islamic Countries (SMIIC), said the UAE Halal Scheme is based on the guidelines issued by SMIIC, which works under the banner of the Organisation of Islamic Countries.

"We are looking at the larger picture and the regulations will govern the entire supply chain from pre-farm to processing, manufacturing, packaging, logistics as well as service. We are taking the halal certification to a whole new level that will give consumers more confidence in consuming various products without any doubt about its status," said Farah, who presented the various points of the scheme at the symposium.

Another speaker at the symposium, who is the assistant chair of SMIIC, Salih Yuksel, outlined the idea of a unified code.

"We are trying to form a one-point shop for all things halal. A single certification process, single accreditation system and one set of standards for all 57 members of OIC will make life easier for everyone. This will also help many non-Muslim countries who export food products to Muslim countries on a large scale to dispel speculation about their halal status," said Yuksel.

Read on.. gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/society/uae-leads-global-halal...

wa Assalam..
+3 -0

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Remote' written in?