Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Why I found a HMC Restaurant to be Haram! (my opinion)

Jump to page:

You have contributed 19.6% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
super-glue, Taqwah, queenie, sweetmuslimahk1, rizmalek, abu mohammed, Seifeddine-M, Yasin, Muadh_Khan, member2, Taalibah
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2011 12:51
rizmalek wrote:
ALSO some ppl are moaning about men without beards, women dressing as men (p.s i have a beard, and I completely agree with your points) BUT what has that got to do with HMC

Shaving is haram, these men are living in sin 24/7, men and women who imitate each other are under the curse of Allah. Music is the Voice of Shaytan. Women who look so tempting to look at.....Whats Halal here?

HMC stands for Halal Monitoring Committee, and they are doing a great job about it, no doubt.

But is the Halal "really" being monitored, or is it just the food and drinks

This is not against HMC.

Its about The whole experiance being Halal as Brother Muadh had put it.

We jump towards HMC, which is safer in terms of Halal meat etc. But what about the rest.

Would you eat the meat in the pub that is known for serving HMC meat?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2011 13:06
HMC is safer no doubt, but what about HFA?

Not all HFA joints are Haram, but because of their silly method, KFC, which is certified as Halal by HFA is not Halal.

There is a SAM's chicken shop near my office. They have a certificate there which shows where the meat comes from and is certified by HFA.

What did I do?
I went back and investigated the slaughter house which is based in Scotland and is owened by Hindus. They are certified as Halal as they slaughter the chicken in the same manner as KFC's suppliers.

Do I eat there?
NO.

There is another Chicken shop which just says Halal and doesnt display a certificate, but I buy and eat from there, Why?
Because I investigated it, they cant afford to be ceritfied by HMC so they got paper work from their supplier who is HMC certified.

The point is again, we give preference to HMC certified restaurants just because they have a certificate to prove the meat is halal and we neglect those halal restuarants who try to keep everything halal but dont have a sticker in the window.

We could start a thread like brother rizmalek said, this would be a good idea, but the reason I mentioned HMC is the fact that this place can not be 100% Halal, yet it will be given preference.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2011 13:16
Should we investigate the food we eat, or are we going too far?

Can someone remind us of the story of Imam Abu Hanifa, who didnt eat meat for something like 7 years because a sheep was stollen.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2011 13:23

"abu mohammed" wrote:
Should we investigate the food we eat, or are we going too far? Can someone remind us of the story of Imam Abu Hanifa, who didnt eat meat for something like 7 years because a sheep was stollen.

Asslamo Allaikum,

I fully understand what you are saying.

There is a place which is HMC Certified and has 3 HUGE TV's playing MTV loud and blasting.

I took my kids there once! What am I supposed to do as a father? I mean kids know a "Non-Muslim place and accept it" but when they see a "Muslim place" where their father is taking them, what goes their minds???

I have thought about this a lot and personally I say that the priority is "Taqwa" and not HMC. This is for me personally and my life. I had a heated discussion with a local brother who didn't speak to me for months afterwards but I said, "Its my Akhira and I will be resposinble for my actions on the day of judgement"

I have nothing against HMC and may Allah (SWT) reward them for their work and effort (Ameen) but the priority for me is "Taqwa of the owner and if is HMC; awesome, if he isn't, so be it..."

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2011 13:25
This was an email I got back from HMC after sending them two photos.

One photo was a HMC logo and the other was almost Identical but fake. This takeaway knows that we would be fooled by the dodgy logo.

Its the sticker in the window people look at!!!!!

If I can find the stickers I will put them here.

Halal Monitoring Committee [halalmc@ntlbusiness.com]Actions
To:Abu Mohammed
Attachments:halalmc.vcf‎ (303 B‎) 06 July 2010 12:30

Assalaamu 'Alaykum wa Rahmatullah,

We hope this finds you in the best of health & strength of Imaan.

Many thanks for your Email and the images, we can confirm that the logo on the left is a bona fide HMC logo however the one on the right is a blatant attempt at a copy. Although it is not an exact copy it is enough to create some ambiguity in the public domain. Would you be so kind as to let us know where this is displayed so that we can write them and express our concerns. We may also seek advise to see if there is any kind of legal action we could take against them if the need arises.
Jazakumullah Khayran

Was-salaam

M-------
On behalf of HMC
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2011 13:29

"Muadh_Khan" wrote:

"abu mohammed" wrote:
Should we investigate the food we eat, or are we going too far? Can someone remind us of the story of Imam Abu Hanifa, who didnt eat meat for something like 7 years because a sheep was stollen.

Asslamo Allaikum,

I fully understand what you are saying.

There is a place which is HMC Certified and has 3 HUGE TV's playing MTV loud and blasting.

I took my kids there once! What am I supposed to do as a father? I mean kids know a "Non-Muslim place and accept it" but when they see a "Muslim place" where their father is taking them, what goes their minds???

Then the kids would say, "See, TV is HALAL, and theres the certificate to prove it"

Just kidding.

When I tell my kids so and so is Haram, they tell me "but thingy is a Muslim, he does it, how can it be Haram"

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Sister
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2011 13:36
abu mohammed wrote:
Shaving is haram, these men are living in sin 24/7,

Astugfirullah, How can you say that.

You must leave people to Allah we do not know what is in their hearts and be truly worried about our selves.

They may have done ONE act which is so pleasing to Allah that he has forgiven ALL their sins and has made them Jannati.

You must have heard this story:

An adultress passed by a dog at a well; and the dog was holding out his tongue from thirst, which was near killing him, and the woman drew off her boot, and tied it to the end of her garment, and drew water for the dog, and gave him to drink; and she was forgiven for that act.

Also this one:

A woman was punished for a cat which she tied till it died from hunger. She gave the cat nothing to eat, nor did she set it at liberty so that it might find some food.

Despise the sin not the Sinner

As far as I know there are great personalities without beards and just to name one Qari Basit.

HMC monitor that the food is halal- we need to be grateful that we have a committee that does this much for us.

If you have issues with other things in restaurants talk to the restaurant owner or just order a take out. Why blame the people who have ensured that atleast the food is halal?

It's like blaming HMC for the pub environment where the HMC meat is served because the customers like it.

Like Rizmalek said " it does n't mean that shops without HMC label are haram.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2011 13:49
We are very greatful to HMC. If it wasnt for them, I wouldn't have such a stance on the food we buy.

There is a thread on the beard called "Once upon a beard" please take a look.

I saw a Barelwee on a Pakistani TV channel whilst in Pakistan, saying you dont need a beard to prove you love the Prophet SAW. Its what in the heart that counts. (This Shake had a stuble) (I've spelt shake instead of Shaykh on purpose)

I agree with you with regards to whats in the heart only Allah knows, but why shave? Actions are judged according to intentions.....The intention here is to remove the Sunnah of the Prophet SAW.

I guess (according to what you state) Maulana Zakariyah Khandalwe was wrong to say to those who wanted to shake his hand without a beard, that he didnt want to see their faces whilst shaking their hand.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Qatar, Doha
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2011 13:57
abu mohammed wrote:
We are very greatful to HMC. If it wasnt for them, I wouldn't have such a stance on the food we buy.

There is a thread on the beard called "Once upon a beard" please take a look.

I saw a Barelwee on a Pakistani TV channel whilst in Pakistan, saying you dont need a beard to prove you love the Prophet SAW. Its what in the heart that counts. (This Shake had a stuble) (I've spelt shake instead of Shaykh on purpose)

I agree with you with regards to whats in the heart only Allah knows, but why shave? Actions are judged according to intentions.....The intention here is to remove the Sunnah of the Prophet SAW.

I guess (according to what you state) Maulana Zakariyah Khandalwe was wrong to say to those who wanted to shake his hand without a beard, that he didnt want to see their faces whilst shaking their hand.

Jazakallah brother Abu Mohammed.

I do understand your point.

your comments here reminded me of this image ive attached
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Sister
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2011 14:00
abu mohammed wrote:
but why shave? [/quote]That you need to ask them.
But you have to remember
Despise the sin not the sinner very hard to do but we must do it.

[quote="abu mohammed"]I guess (according to what you state) Maulana Zakariyah Khandalwe was wrong to say to those who wanted to shake his hand without a beard, that he didnt want to see their faces whilst shaking their hand.

I didn't bring Shaikh Zakaria Kandalwi رضي الله عنه into this.

He still shook their hands. His love for the Prophet (saw) is clearly shown here that he didn't want to see a face without the Sunnah of our beloved Nabi (saw) upon it.

Allah knows best.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2011 14:18
I didn't mean it that way, Sorry. I know you didnt bring the Shaykh into it.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2011 14:38
These were the 2 images I had emailed to HMC.

I saw this label and walked straight in. I ordered the food, got in the car and started eating it, that when I saw the difference, so I decided to investigate the matter.

These stickers in the window are a new phenomenon. Some intentionly confuse, some are very sincere.

I am proud to have HMC here, but.....

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2011 14:40

THE ABOVE IS HMG and HMC, not much difference is there.

"Wheres a camera when you need one"

Both of these shops are near each other.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2011 14:43
Maulana Yasin, Should I change the title to have the word "Halal" instead of "HMC"?

This was just an eye opener, nothing against HMC.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2011 18:49
abu mohammed wrote:
Maulana Yasin, Should I change the title to have the word "Halal" instead of "HMC"?

This was just an eye opener, nothing against HMC.
I think the topic title is fine otherwise people will wonder why the topic suddenly became about HMC. Also, it's spot on too as it is about why you found an HMC certified restaurant to be Haram (related or unrelated to meat). Overall, I think it's been a good discussion.
No post ratings

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the green shape ('box' is not a shape)?