You have contributed 20.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, queenie
Rank Image
Stamford Hill
Sister
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2007 09:38
I was just about to mention that jzk Queenie. It a restaurant next to east london mosque brother. But you are right about the musnun duas which some do tend to forget?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2007 00:08
I don't understand This whole HMC bussiness...in my view if a muslim tells me he is serving me halal food who am i not to believe him...we are muslims we should trust one and other...in the case of buying food from kufr i do question on weather they are halal becasue they are kufr therefor do not care about wether i eat halal or not....plz bruvas and sisters lets not be silly here a HMC certificate costs £50 a month a price that some bussinesses just cant afford to pay...doesnt mean that their food is not halal...or even they can afford it they shouldnt have to pay to prove themselves via ''HMC'' most meat suppilers send a certificate check that out... saying i only eat hmc is rude and says indirectly i am a beta muslim that u! Think about it eh ?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2007 12:58
im afraid it is not as simple as that, if we muslims were trustworthy the question of haram and halal would never arise, but unfortunately for someone to tell us, i am a muslim and what i sell is halal is not enough. it is not about being rude or polite it is about deen, for a morsel of haram food taken into the stomach a persons ibadah and actions are affected and dejected is that worth taking a word of another muslim.

as mentioned before in this thread, if it is a trustworthy, god-fearing, pious person who follows the shariah in its entirety who says this meat is halal then it would be praiseworthy to trust such a person, this is the real world and im afraid it is not enough to take the word of anyone unless they meet the criteria of being god-fearing because only such people will not sell your deen for a few pounds.

feel free to read articles related to meat in the following link it gives a better understanding. www.halalmc.org/

No post ratings
Rank Image
DuNyA
Sister
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2007 13:01
Quote:
plz bruvas and sisters lets not be silly here a HMC certificate costs £50 a month a price that some bussinesses just cant afford to pay [/quote] i'll be honest, £50 per month is not expensive, unless your business is not making enough. hmc just guarantees the meat is 'halal'. every fast food shop says 'halal' on their door front - but not every fast food is halal. people are using the term 'halal' to make more money as it will bring in all the muslims. its wrong, its haram.

HMC is a GUARANTEE which people are comfortable with. it shouldnt affect other people. i personally dont only eat HMC restaurants. as long as the meat is non-stunned. (though i will only by my meat from a butchers who are HMC approved. and thats due to certain reasons)

up north, a butchery did ask to be certified for HMC. HMC agreed so long as they send one man down to check all - which is fine. then they asked to be paid £600 per week to the man who will stay there - thats wrong and un-affordable.

Quote:
doesnt mean that their food is not halal... [/quote]

i agree with that point. [quote] in my view if a muslim tells me he is serving me halal food who am i not to believe him

yes, as a muslim telling you it is halal. you should believe him and trust him. however, if there is slight doubt in anyway, you are allowed to avoid the restaurant/fastfood. even in saudi, not all meat are halal!! alot of their meat are imported from brazil and other countries. kfc, mac etc. are places that need to be avoided.

[quote] saying i only eat hmc is rude and says indirectly i am a beta muslim that u! Think about it eh ?

not necessarily, maybe due to your experience you feel that way where people adopt the 'holier than thou' attitude. people who go strictly HMC have alot of precautions to take. e.g

1) only buy meat from HMC certified buthchers & doule check the validity of the certificate every month.

2) only eat in HMC fastfood joint/restaurants

3) avoid eating in dawats (meal invitations) at family/friends house incase they dont buy HMC meat.

4) avoid eating at celebrations such as weddings and walimas.

etc

i hope i have not offended you. just trying to get you to see the other side of the picture. as i mentioned above, i myself dont stick to only HMC.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2007 17:45
good answers members TaIibah and queenie - i aIso eat in other joints that are not HMC'd as i've done my investigations into them and in my knowIegdge and heart have found them sound.

no idea what the HMC charge is but £50 per month is no way expensive for a business to pay for such a service/membership - which comes to approx £1.65 per day - which as the average joint is open 9 hours per day comes to 0.18p per hour so it IS very very affordabIe.

Such a reIiabIe haIaI food body is very much needed in the UK as money counts for more then the commands of aIIah nowadays- this is the sad reaIity Iike it or not.

Regards the trust issue weII i know i wouIdnt trust ANY oId person off the street be they musIim or non-musIim to say ask me to Iend them some money and they'II pay it back Iater - wouId you just cause they are musIim (and you dont know them at aII)???

onIy if i know that person has taqwa (fear of aIIah in his Iife both inwardIy and outwardIy) wouId i do so - so just the same way i wont Iend any person money who i know dont fear aIIah in paying it back to me i wont trust anyone who doesnt fear aIIah in his responsibiIity in feeding me haIaI food. - if he dont fear aIIah in fuIfiIing his duties towards his Iord (both inward duties and outward) i think its aIoud for me to use caution and think then he probs wont fuIfiI his duties towards other musIims aIso if he cant even fuIfiI aIIah's. - (i think this is what i'm trying to say- sounds kinda confusing!)

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 25th January 2007 12:00
Just like to confirm that Maida restauant (Bethnal Green Rd) i posted earlier is HMC approved - though not on the HMC website yet. i called HMC's London office and they confirmed.
No post ratings
Rank Image
stamford hill
Unspecified
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 25th January 2007 14:25
jazakallah for that, wasn't too sure if they were reliable its great that its HMC

duas requested

No post ratings
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 25th January 2007 14:59
Assalamu alaikum,

Please delete if u feel this is unnessaray talk-: I just wanted to ask, what does 'joints' mean with regards to this conversation? Is it london dialect for restaurants?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 25th January 2007 15:06
Quote:

Please delete if u feel this is unnessaray talk-: I just wanted to ask, what does 'joints' mean with regards to this conversation? Is it london dialect for restaurants?

Alhamdulillah, sakeenah no need to delete, it is not unnessary talk when you are trying to understand something.
joints- means places to eat,

maybe Daywalker3r has a better meaning since he started the thread with this title.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 25th January 2007 22:01
just caIIed that Maida pIace and the Ieast they take for the private room is 8 peopIe!!! (max is 12) ReaIIy vexed me cause i been Iooking forward to it aII week!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2007 23:35
Bro while you are munching away on those halal joints..someone stole my pheasants (sad).
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2007 23:39
Taalibah wrote:
Quote:

Alhamdulillah, sakeenah no need to delete, it is not unnessary talk when you are trying to understand something. joints- means places to eat,

maybe Daywalker3r has a better meaning since he started the thread with this title.

I thought that word was used by druggies i.e joints

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2007 23:58

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2007 00:03
Its so tight..its their season of laying eggs soon..i had 1 male and 3 female's.. now only got 2 females! they took a pair Grrrrrrrr!! must have been Asian!
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2007 00:15

No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What is the word in green?