You have contributed 20.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, queenie
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 12th January 2007 12:45
i was also going to ask which bit of who said what was impolite, thought it was something i had posted.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 12th January 2007 17:10
Jazakallahu khair sister. Please note that we have opened recently. As mentioned before if any further details are required with regards to the sourcing of meat that we use, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

For the skeptical amongst us, the proprioter of BKH is a known hafiz in the stamford hill area; you just need to ask.

On a different note; Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever is not kind has no faith. Please do remember this when communicating with one another.

Jazakallahu khair

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 12th January 2007 18:45
maafi please, have i missed something??
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 12th January 2007 18:59
yes i know who owns it and he's an hafiz (kinda 2nd/3rd cousin i think). but i think the conv was about HMC certification. you said that it is but HMC's site does not?? (if its a recent one HMC have done can you please call them to tell them to update the website so all can see) i also said i am not saying its dodgey.

can someone please point out where in my post did i sound impolite/rude?? IF i have please forgive me but i dont think i have.

inshallah i'll pop down to ask where the food is sourced from and do my own investigations (in the past when i have done this people on a few occasions get offended - especially guji's). it may be worthwhile for you to post the suppliers details here also so that others can do the same.

yes kindness is a HUGE mark of faith and so is asking questions about the haIaI nature of ones food - peopIe shouId NOT be offended if someone simpIy asks for proof poIiteIy (which i'm sure i did- no way was i rude/offensive).

You said its HMC'd i asked where/how - i think thats not rude just a IogicaI question. - this HMC question has stiII not been answered by you BTW.

wasalaams and forgive me IF i offended anyone.

No post ratings
Rank Image
stamford hill
Unspecified
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 13th January 2007 00:09
of course questioning were food comes from is a must, however there is a way of approaching certain issues, you make not have found it rude or offensive however..some one who may be part of BKH may have put alot of time and effort to get the place going and if he was to read it he wouldn't be very happy. just remeber somthings are better left unsaid ....yes they may not be HMC as yet, but inshallah with our support and encouragement we will soon see a HMC certified take out. i apologise if this post offended anyone, but it is our right as muslim brothers and sisters that when we see something being approached in the wrong context that we try to change it.

duas requested

ma'salamah

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 13th January 2007 07:51

Iets just Ieave this subject as that for the person who originaIIy asked the question:-

M asked "Is BKH ok?"

daywaIk3r " i dont know"

answer from BKH- "we are HMC approved"

i also very much ask for forgiveness if indeed i have said anything wrong.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 13th January 2007 14:08
on another perspective we knew an owner of a takeaway he was being charged a high price of being registered with HMC, eventually he couldnt keep up with the cost of running the takeaway and a year later he had to close down because he could not compete with the general flux of takeaways in the area.

Many butcheries, takeaways and restaurants do purchase meat that is slaughtered islamically via there own reliable contacts, but are not HMC registered, so what i'm trying to say if someone is not HMC registered it does not mean they are not halal.

HOWEVER, as a consumer where we are told to steer away from uncertainty/doubt, the HMC for a consumer is like a guideline to aid us from where we can choose to buy and eat our meat from. There are two sides to every coin, and for the layperson it would be advisable to stick to HMC outlets and outlets where you know and trust the owners, or can easily contact takeaway and their source of meat providers for further clarification to ascertain for ourselves whether the meat is viable (halal) to eat or not, after all aren't we all responsible for our own actions.

No post ratings
Rank Image
DuNyA
Sister
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2007 19:40
good point made taalibah.

did you know that the neck of the chicken has to be cleaned inside out. i.e, with a tooth pick take out the gunk or veins etc from the inside of the neck.

if you cook a chicken curry with out doing the above, then your entire curry becomes haraam. (or maybe makrooh e tahrimi - close to haraam)
i will double check this. mufti umer faruk did a bayaan on this. seeing as i personally did not hear it, i will get a conformation on it.

or if anybody heard of this, then just confirm or deny it.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2007 21:37
anyone been/heard of this pIace in east Iondon??

maida-restaurant.co.uk

No post ratings
Rank Image
Stamford Hill
Sister
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2007 22:16
I'm abit wary with takeaway as I most of the time happen to have a dodge stomach after eating out. Even those allahumdillah it is halal. My mum seems to say there no rahamat in the food, some don't say bismillah, zikr ect. when cooking it. That's my view sorry.

Tayyab Kebab House is a great place, very busy. Its in Fieldgate St.

Has anyone been to the restaurant next to east london mosque it begins with B

No post ratings
Rank Image
DuNyA
Sister
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2007 22:34
Barakah.

been there.
its nice. nothing special.
no music.
individual booths upstairs. ideal for niqabies.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2007 09:31
yes some places are not that good in terms of food quality, service quality and venue quality.

regards the barakah in food issue far as i go - if its had allahs name read on it at the time the life was taken from the meat as allah has commanded us to do then thats all the barakah i need. i.e halal food is barakah food haraam food is non-barakah food (and praying the musnun duas when you start/finish eating increases the barakah)

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2007 09:33
that Maida place also i think has purdah and also has the added touch of intercom in those purdah rooms

dunno about the quality of food though or about its halal status.

No post ratings
Rank Image
DuNyA
Sister
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2007 09:35
Barakah - the restaurant.
Quote:

regards the barakah in food issue far as i go - if its had allahs name read on it at the time the life was taken from the meat as allah has commanded us to do then thats all the barakah i need. i.e halal food is barakah food haraam food is non-barakah food (and praying the musnun duas when you start/finish eating increases the barakah)

non the less, you have a valid point.

No post ratings
Rank Image
DuNyA
Sister
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2007 09:36
fusion - tooting (its not in hackney. i know.)

chinese food. very nice. not hmc. non the less, its non stunned.

anyone been there??

No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'ABC' written in?