Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Halal food in Saudi

You have contributed 22.9% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Anwarb
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2019 13:26
Local muftis are beating their heads on moon sighting for decades.

For imported meat, do Saudis have privileges of "Right to Information" RTI like here in democratic India.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2019 14:36
Surely there must be some sort of controls in place, considering the acceptance of worship of millions are at risk if haraam is being consumed.
No post ratings
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2019 17:48
Anwarb wrote:
View original post

Why should someone care for YOUR haj, umrah or Ramadhan.
We have two choices.
Be ready to pay more for non-ambiguous halal meat.
OR
boycott ambiguous meat, dent their economy, they shall fall in line.

But who cares!!!! We demand full chicken for six Riyals.... Then get chicken from Brazil.

Google for "Brazilian meat fraud" or "Brazilian meat scandal"

Jaisi praja waisa Raja. Aamalakum ummalakum
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 15th May 2019 08:00
Sorry, but i strongly disagree with your statements above, "Who cares", you as an individual should care, secondly the Saudi's being custodians of the Haramain should care, a boycott would never work in Saudi due to the number of pilgrims visiting the Kingdom, it would be almost impossible. The solution is educating the masses, alot of Muslims are ignorant in their own countries and dont take the nesessary precaution regarding the consumption of doubtful foods in their own homes, so you dont expect them to have doubt then consuming food from the same outlets when on Hajj or Umrah. Myself, you and the rest of the Ummah that have been blessed with the knowledge regarding halaal, haraam and doubtful should actively be speaking to our brothers and sisters wherever we live and thats where the change starts, so I am from South Africa and we have numerous of these doubtful franchise outlets opening, however we have really strong Halaal authorities as well that advise us accordingly. They are by no means perfect and have their flaws, but their non-certification of any particular outlet is a definite deterrent.
+1 -0Winner x 1
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 15th May 2019 10:47
"Right to Information" privilege was given to common people by 4 khulafa-e-rashideen, Ameer-e-muaviyah RA, Umar bin Abdul Azeez RA etc. There are good number of stories from authentic sources on this.

Alas!!! Our rulers have left that. Non-muslim secular and democratic rulers have adopted that. In India, One can ask anything on a plain paper, without any fee and the concerned office is bound to reply to the RTI. There are good number of RTI activist who know the procedure and help common people.

But We are risking our life by asking WHY? or HOW? This is happening at place where Rasulullah SAS is resting and in Makkah......

Decades back I heard in his bayan, Qazi Mujahidul Islam sab RA had listed many firsts which Khulafa and Islamic rulers had started and but today our muslim rulers have abandoned that and non-muslim secular and democratic rulers are practicing that.

And our muftis say....... "have faith on a momin, accept his words without doubt......"

I give up.
+0 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 26th May 2019 19:45
Hi,

I spoke to Rammy, a KFC manager who insisted the chicken is local and slaughtered with a knife.
+1 -0
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2019 06:05
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

In our country, a branded meat supplier claims he supplies chicken "halal cut", but locals preferred to buy from local market. No one said, we won't believe him etc.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2019 09:52
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

Was he Asian? If so i wont really take his words seriously half of them ain't got a clue they are just low paid workers. Its like them uk chicken shops were guy says evrythin is halal but has alcohol and pork too.

Ask to see box where chicken came in. Iv seen myself boxes with imported from Brazil in many of the makkah takeaways.
No post ratings
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2019 10:54
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

The workers tell what they are been told.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2019 11:43
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

Over a decade ago (maybe 2) we asked the KFC guy in Madinah about their chicken. He was angry but went and got the box from the back which was clearly labeled as halal hand slaughtered in Jeddah.

We then placed our order :)

(A very long time ago - and he looked South Indian)
+1 -0
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2019 13:58
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I prefer to be a partial vegetarian and eat only fish in my stay in gulf.
+0 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2019 14:15
What about all the top hotels? Hyatt, Movenpick, Hilton etc., what is the state of their meat products served. Most people staying in the Haramain choose the breakfast option as it is normally built in the rate, are they credible with regards to the meat products served?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd June 2019 03:20
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Where are you from?
No post ratings
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd June 2019 05:01
youtube dot com/watch?v=DbSsMsp6eOE

Meat for hajees
No post ratings
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2019 06:26
Guest-14501 wrote:
View original post

Mufti Taqi Usmani db has advised us to be cautious in this regard, so that we do not sully our hajj/umrah.
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the green shape ('box' is not a shape)?