Topic Appreciation
Taalibah
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 28th July 2017 16:20

I read something the other day:

Quote:
I dislike KFC, MacDonald’s etc principally so once or twice I may have eaten but as a general rule I don’t.

This reminded me of a photo that was sent to me some time ago.

One Muslim brother sent me and many others a voucher for Burger King. I replied to the brother and asked him why he sent it to me and asked who even goes there.

He then asked me to read the small print and said that he didn't eat there himself, but knew of people who eat their Fish Burgers!

The small print said,

"*Product is cooked in the same oil as fish and chicken products" Source

I understand this topic can go a long way and include many other fast food outlets, therefore, I would advise everyone to do their own investigations should they wish to eat fish burgers from other places.

Please note, each outlet has its own rules and regulations, some fry in the same oil while others don't fry in the same oil. Larger outlets have bigger facilities to abide by those rules, smaller facilities tend to take short cuts and break rules. So even if the ingredients are all Halal in the Fish burger, just make sure the end product is also Halal.

This is to confirm that Burger King's Fish is Haram.

As mentioned above, I have yet to meet someone who has eaten from Burger King in the UK :)

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 28th July 2017 18:40
On the back of the Bus ticket in Birmingham they occasionally have a Mcdonalds voucher it says the same thing.

People have become so use to eating Mcdonald fish Burgers for decades I dont know if it will have much impact.
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 28th July 2017 19:01
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

That's interesting.

I was asked to look into the filet, and according to all my correspondences, the above is against their rules. Having said that, these rules are broken and admitted by staff.

The problem is the ingredients, as in there is no problem with it, from the bread, cheese, fish, oil, cheese and even the box. Even the bread isn't warmed in the same way the other burgers are. But the end result can still be haram.

Again like Asaaghir said, check the management wherever and whatever you eat I guess.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 28th July 2017 19:34
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I caught a bus this week and they had a Mcdonalds voucher and I just checked the ticket no disclaimer on this one. although there have been disclaimers previously so ALLAH knows best.

On their website it says possibility of cross contamination may occur when oil is filtered every day with oil that is used for frying the chicken.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2017 11:22

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

You have taken my statement about KFC and McDonalds and applied it to Burger King. Not that it’s important but here is the clarification to the best of my recollection.

McDonalds:

www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/whatmakesmcdonalds/questions/f...

Although none of McDonald's products carry Halal certification, all are cooked separately; beef patties are cooked on a griddle and our File-o-Fish, Apple Pies, Chicken products and vegetable patty are cooked in 100% vegetable oil using dedicated cooking vats

February 27, 2017: Had fries and Pepsi at 04:30 in the Night at Southall. Before that, I cannot recall in the past 20 years.

Yes, our Fries in the UK are suitable for vegetarians. The product and the cooking method have been checked by the Vegetarian Society and they have approved them as suitable for vegetarians. They are cooked in oil that is separate to the oil used for meat products and filtered on a separate system.

KFC:

November 2016 at Walsall (Halal) Junction 10 because:

1. Area Manager is a friend of a local Imam and assured the Imam that Chicken is Halal. He said that his family eats there.
  2. A Maulana assured me that its Halal
  3. I went there, spoke to a Muslim employee in the driveway.

Then I found out by HFA and its processes.

Before that, I think Saudi Arabia and Karachi (maybe) but cannot recall the specifics...Maybe have been once or twice

Burger King:

I honestly cannot recall eating at Burger King in the last 20 years. If you have seen a post of mine, bring it to my attention as I cannot remember.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2017 13:16
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

It's okay brother. I'm not using any comments nor stating who it came from, (too late for that) I simply stated that it reminded me of an incident regarding Burger King and their fish.

When Muslim's mention McDonald's, 99% of the time it is regarding the fillet of fish.

The point was to bring to everyone's attention that Fish is not always halal.

McDonald's fish burger is halal, just like KFC but there can be times when they aren't.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2017 17:19
Filet-o-fish has contamination issues:

Thanks for your question. None of our food is certified as Halal. Our Fries are certified as Vegetarian. Our Filet-o-Fish patty is cooked separately from meat items. However, due to the design of the oil filtration system there is a small chance the oil used to cook these patties can become in contact with oil used to cook meat products during the oil filtering process. We therefore cannot guarantee cross-contamination will not occur, but have taken measures to minimise the amount of any cross-contamination.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
World Of Allah
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2017 20:06
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 31st July 2017 14:37

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I know you are not but I am blessed with fans like AsSaghir who may make me take the Shahadah again based on your post so I had to clarify

No post ratings
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 31st July 2017 16:46
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Clarification and Justification!

• My user name is not AsSaghir. There is no double. "S" the username is Asaaghir with a double "A"
  • I could accuse you of slander but I won't fall that low, even though the username suggests I may be a Jahil.
  • I won't ask you to take shahada again unless an act of kufr is being done.
  • You are making assumptions about me. YOU WILL FAIL
  • You are diverting attention away from your zeal of eating a McDonald's every 20 years.
  • You can say what you want about me YOU WILL FAIL
  • You can call me what you want YOU WILL FAIL
  • You can accuse me of what you want YOU WILL FAIL
  • You can dismiss me as a conspiracy theorist YOU WILL FAIL
  • You can demote me as much as you can YOU WILL FAIL
  • I can guarantee you one thing, YOU WILL FAIL.
  • Bring it on! YOU WILL FAIL
  • YOU WILL FAIL TO BREAK ME
    Last but not least, I thought I was funny - But here I FAILED :)

I love you for the sake of Allah
+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 1st August 2017 11:58

Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

Sorry about misspelling your name and I apologise.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 1st August 2017 12:41
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Just to clarify I found an old Bus Ticket in my desk drawer, with a voucher on the back of it, the Voucher that says "Product is cooked in the Same Oil as the Fish Burger" Is actually a Burger King one.

Apologies for the confusion.

+1 -0Like x 1

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'ABC' written in?