Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Haloodies Halal Methods

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2017 14:08
UPDATE: No longer use Mechanical Slaughter, see post #3

www.haloodies.com/

Quote:
Salaam, I was looking into your methods of slaughter and was pleased to see that all looked well at first. I'm okay with the stun to immobalise, as stated on your website:
All animals are reversibly stunned before slaughter to ensure maximum animal welfare.

However I noticed that you use hand slaughter AND mechanical slaughter. Mechanical slaughter has many issues in the UK so I wanted to clarify if the food sold in the UK is mechanically slaughtered since many halal certifiers have stopped the use of mechanical slaughter and have also stopped certifying such methods.

www.haloodies.com/halalfresh​
It states:
Our chicken is both manually and mechanically slaughtered

www.haloodies.com/halalcooked
It states:
Chickens are hand slaughtered

Any clarification or update will be much appreciated.

JazakAllah
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2017 14:10
Quote:
Salaam,

Thanks for your email and interest in Haloodies.

In order to clarify our position, we have two different supply sources for our product lines:

Fresh Products (Only available on Ocado and AmazonFresh)
We use reversible stunning for ALL our products. With regards to poultry, all of it is hand slaughtered except our whole chicken lines. This is currently mechanically slaughtered. We are in a process of altering our poultry source to ensure it is all hand slaughtered in addition to other aspects that we wish to change. This is not a quick process as it affects our entire supply chain but is something we are working towards.

Cooked Products (Tesco, Sainsbury's, AmazonFresh and other retailers very soon)
The supplier we use for these products already meet our requirements on a number of aspects including reversible stunning and hand slaughter.

I hope that clarifies your query. Please do let us know if you need more information.

Best wishes,
Team Haloodies
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2017 13:16
Quote:
On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 9:56 AM, abu mohammed wrote:
​AsSalaamuAlaykum,

Dear respected brother Imran, are you able to give me an update with regards to your reply below on mechanical slaughtering?

I appreciate it is not a quick process to change from mechanical slaughtering to hand slaughtering only, but would appreciate any update or even a possible timeframe of when you will finally stop mechanical slaughtering.

JazakAllah once again for your time and hope to hear from you soon.

WasSalaam[/quote]

[quote]Salaam,

Thanks for your email and continued interest in Haloodies. We are pleased to inform you that the Fresh Whole Chicken is now hand slaughtered as of a few months ago.

That means that our entire range of over 30 products are now all hand slaughtered.

I hope that answers your question.

Jazakallah for getting in touch with us.

Imran Kausar

Best wishes,
Dr Imran Kausar
CEO, Haloodies

O: +441895 457 464

haloodies.com

KKR Halal Ltd, Boundary House,
Cricket Field Rd, Uxbridge, UB8 1QG
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What part of the day is the background image (it's not day)?