Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Holland & Barrett Gelatine

You have contributed 16.7% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2017 12:41
Hi,

My query is in reference to the type of Gelatine used in your products as most of the ingrediemts clearly say that it does not contain Porcine.

Since Gelatine can be sourced from fish, cattle, chicken and pig, I was wondering if you could give me further information on the fish oil products you sell. One may assume the gelatine is sourced from fish and may consume it as an acceptable source of diet, however, if from cattle or chicken, then one may have differing opinions on the matter.

As a pescetarian, we eat fish and often eat eggs and/or dairy products, in addition to fruits, vegetables, nuts, and grains. So the product does not necesserily have to be labelled as suitable for vegeterians. Therefore any extra information will be of benefit to many.

Maybe an improved labelling system or more detailed ingredients may help.

Thank you.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2017 12:42
Dear Sir

Thank you for your email enquiry relating to the gelatine source for both the Cod Liver Oil 1000mg and the Cod Liver Oil 1000mg Gelatine free capsules. I am sorry for the late reply.

I can confirm the source of gelatin for the 'Cod liver Oil Capsules 1000mg' (www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-co...) is Bovine (beef).

The gelatine in the 'Gelatine Free Cod Liver Oil Capsules' (www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-co...) is sourced from Modified Corn Starch, Glycerine, Carrageenan.

Thank you for your feedback in relation to the lack of information available on individual product labels. Please be assured this feedback will be passed on to the relevant department. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I hope this has helped answer your query, if I can be of any more assistance please don’t hesitate to get in touch. In the meantime I have provided a 10% discount code for you as a good will gesture for the time it has taken to get back to you with this information.

Kindest regards,

Elizabeth Wall
Registered Nutritional Therapist Nut. Med Dip CNM, MBANT, CNHC, Dip AIT

Customer Service Team.
Holland & Barrett International
The home of Holland & Barrett and MET-Rx.
No post ratings
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2017 00:08
Dear Sir/Madam,

May I ask what source if gelatine is used in the Mastika food supplement you sell? I'm specifically speaking about the one which is not suitable for vegetarians.

Kindest regards.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2017 09:32
Algoulity wrote:
View original post

Please refer to Holland & Barrett directly as we are not associated with them and are not qualified to advise.

What you see in the OP is a question put forward to them and their response following that.

Please see here www.hollandandbarrett.com/info/qualified-to-advise
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2017 10:22
Had similar issue recently regarding consumable items from not only holland and Barrets but from other outlets. Items not suitable for vegans or vegetarians can still be suitable for halal dietary requirements. As mentioned in the thread we can consume eggs, fish, milk etc which do not come under the categories of suitable for vegans or vegetarians.

It's always worth a check. Also note that many capsules suitable for halal diets are made from potato starch, but still maybe considered not suitable for vegans or vegetarians due to the contents.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2017 10:29

Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Contact Details:

Natra Health

Unit 3-4 Kincraig Road, Kincraig Business Park, BLACKPOOL, FY2 0FY

01253 501525

No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'ABC' written in?