Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 11th February 2016 22:28
Asalamu alaikum

I came across this video regarding those people who say that meat & chicken is doubtful in Saudi Arabia.
Halalified YT Audio

Has anyone seen this video before and does anyone know this Molana?

Authorizer Edit - Link embedded and Halalified.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
Pakistan
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2016 04:26
Wa alaykum us salam,

He is Maulana Asad Mehmood Makki (DB). A khaleefa of Maulana Abdul Hafeez Makki (DB).

This issue of Saudi Chicken is a complex one. Some of the akabireen avoid it, while others openly eat it. Based on my little research as a student, it should be avoided, and if someone eats it then it is not haraam either.

Recently another fatwa has come from Darul Uloom Karachi, which says to avoid it. There is another fatwa, which is under the supervision of Mufti Taqi Usmani (DB) at the moment.
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2016 09:31
Can someone please give a brief translation for the benefit of the non Urdu speakers of this 43 minutes explanation.

This company (below) is also mentioned in the talk with great detail, at 22 minutes (confirmed Halal by the scholar in the talk)
Here's a photo I took a few years ago in a supermarket in Madinah.

Source 1
Source 2 with link and other comments
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2016 10:15
i have some contact numbers of people in Makkah and Madinah who supply legit saudi chicken ( not imported). its some south african brothers who you can ring and arrange drop off at the haram. they do asian food as well as burgers and steaks. I got the message on my whatsapp need to find a way of transferring it on here so brothers and sisters looking to go umrah can benefit
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2016 10:18
Have you heard the talk?

I think its a big business, and such suppliers spread rumours, especially from certain parts of the world who follow a particular set of Ulama. Wallahu Alum.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2016 10:57

Abu Suliman wrote:
View original post

Rough Translation of talk by Maulana Asad Mehmood Makki (DB). A khaleefa of Maulana Abdul Hafeez Makki (DB).

Asslamo Allaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

In a rushed state and without any planning and organisation, it is necessary for me to elucidate a few minutes.

Some of our friends (and elders) from Pakistan, other countries and even from Makkah have suggested that due to research and reservations of various people (which are being spread) about the status of Chicken (etc) in Saudia, information should be shared. The purpose is not to get into protracted discussions about Chicken being Halal vs Haram because these discussions are contained in books of Fiqh.

I just want to share some observations.

Before I begin, I would like to share that our family (Kashmiri, Malik) has been resident here (in Saudia) since 1953. All the brothers of my honourable father are here and his parents are buried here. I myself (those older than me) and our children have studied in Madaris here and also in Madaris associated with Ulama of Deoband. I (myself) have studied in Darul-uloom Bury (UK) and our children have studied here as well as in Madaris (in Pakistan) under Wifaqul-Madaris. To summarise, this family has acquaintance with Shariah aspects and we are also known due to Shaykhul-Hadeeth (Maulana Zakariyya (RA))’s connection with this family.

There was a time when it used to be said that meat in Makkah and Madina should be treated with caution, then the issue went forwards and it is now claimed that it is Haram. Now Fatwas are being given and Non-Scholars are spreading this information that Restaurants here are serving doubtful and Haram meat.

I have heard from our elders that Saudi Arabia is an Islamic state and there is a Fatwa on this. So if an Islamic state announces that such and such is Halal then our Shariah responsibility is fulfilled. So those involved in research should consider this aspect. It isn’t just about Chicken but about moonsighting etc. When I have spoken to Ulama I have discovered that they don’t even know which companies in Saudia are involved in Chicken slaughter OR which companies are importing from which companies. Their research are based on two premises:

1. Fatwa of Kibar (Saudi Ulama) about 40 years ago: I would like to state that there has NEVER been a Fatwa like so…40 years Saudi Ulama urged caution based on some news (on inappropriate practises in some foreign slaughter houses)
  2. A visit by a group which investigated slaughter practises in Brazil: When I asked which companies they visited Ulama didn’t know.

I would just like to point out the practise of our Akabir… Shaykhul-Hadeeth (Maulana Zakariyya (RA)), Maulana Saad (HA), Nazim of Saharunpur etc and we have eaten with them hundreds of times and they also feed us and they never doubt the meat.

Response 1 (Fatwa he has NEVER heard of in 40 years):

hayaa0285.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/ruling-on-frozen-chicken...

Question:What is the ruling on meats imported from abroad and also frozen chicken about whose slaughter we do not know anything,since some of the scholars do not encourage buying them?

Answer: If the above-mentioned meats were imported from the lands of the People of the Scripture,then it is permissible to eat them,as long as you do not know of anything which would be an evidence for its prohibition,based upon the Worlds of Allah,Most High:

"Made lawful to you this are day are At-Tayyibat [all kinds of Halal (lawful) foods,which Allah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals,milk products,fats vegetables and fruits)].The food (slaughtered cattle,eatable animals)of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christian) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them."[1]

The fact that some slaughterhouses in certain countries of the People of the Scripture slaughter the animals in a manner contrary to the Islamic Law does not necessitate the prohibition of slaughtered animals imported from the lands of the People of the Scripture,unless it is known that,that particular animal is from a slaughterhouse which does not slaughter according to the Islamic Law.Because the basic principle is permissiblity and validity,unless something which necessitates otherwise becomes known.

Shaykh Abdul-Aziz bin Abdullah bin Baz

Anybody with half an ounce of Brain should be able to get to the bottom of this Fatwa from Saudi Arabia (Islamic State)

Response 2 (HMC Study into Brazil ):

+2 -0Winner x 1
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2016 11:12
This is for hajees or umrah travellers alone.

We request the authorities to publish the list of
1. Places where local slaughtered meat is sold or served.
2. Places where slaughtered meat from muslim countries is sold or served.
3. Places where meat from ahle-kitab is sold/served.

Also hotels shall display what meat is served there.

If they say you don't have the right, we leave it to Allah. We shall eat the halal cut FISH or vegetables during our stay in haramain.
No post ratings
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2016 11:29
So what about the UK. HFA have stopped mechanical slaughter certification altogether. it's stun to stun only with rigorous checks by experts, so is hfa now acceptable considering shaykh sacha's verdict on other poultry?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2016 11:33

Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Is the discussion in this thread about UK or Stunning? And if you know the Fatwa already about stunning, why are you asking?

No post ratings
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2016 11:42
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Thread is about chicken and halal. but I ain't going Makkah any time soon, so was wondering if I could try kfc......seems like no one, especially the ulamah of here don't want to give a clear-cut answer on this.

Basically, can I eat hfa kfc :) that's all. I'll take my post to the kfc thread then.
No post ratings
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2016 11:45
Moulana was quoting a hadeeth:
Summary:
You are in times of khair, if one is free to ask the authorities in power.
You are in time of shar when one is reluctant to speak to authorities.

Ameer Muwaviya RA recalled this hadeeth and he wanted to test whether he is in shar or khair period. Repeatedly and purposely in his khutbah he said he has the authority over the baitul maal. On the third juma, some one stood up and questioned his ruling. Ameer Muwaviya RA thanked Allah SWT.

Today we can't question the authorities about moon sighting or zabeeha. Even the local scholars hesitate.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Pakistan
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2016 07:17
Assalamu Alaykum,

Looking at the video, Maulana Asad (DB) does make some valid points. I will try to write these points down and then forward them to Mufti Taqi Usmani (DB). However, on a personal level, i am still of the opinion that Saudi Chicken (apart from the watani one) should be avoided.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2016 18:59
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Asalamualaikum brother.

Can you quote the Hadith in question, please?

Jazak'Allah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2016 10:07

11MAR2015: Is All Meat in Saudi Arabia Haraam? Mufti Abdullah Nana (USA)?

MP3 (Podcast)

+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2016 11:13

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

A Fatwa that has "NEVER" been issued in the History of Saudi Arabia

Arabic (Official Site)

Loading tweet

English:

Loading tweet

No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'ABC' written in?