Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Meat in Makkah and Madina possibly haram

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 1st August 2015 14:52
Asalamualaikum.

I've read and recently been informed that the imported meat in Makkah and Madinah is possibly haram because it can't be verified if the meat is slaughtered in accordance with the Shar'iah.

Has there been any response to these claims by other or local Saudi Arabian Ulema?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd August 2015 02:39
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd August 2015 19:32
ibn Ismail wrote:
View original post

Asalamualaikum.

Thanks for the link, brother. I've already read that link. I was looking for any counter responses that may have been made by other scholars. No doubt this news made headlines right across the globe.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd August 2015 19:34
It's actually old news, you can find similar threads on it on Sf though.

Also this thread should be moved into a relevant section.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd August 2015 19:37
Here is another view that a brother posted... Clip is in urdu

Quote:
Watch "SAUDI CHICKEN سعودی چکن" on YouTube - youtu.be/YNKWPVkXd0Y
👆👆👆
A must listen about saudi chicken...

Watch Moalana Asad Makki who studied in Darul Uloom Bury.

-----

Summary is that Saudi chicken should be trusted bcz they have very stringent standards.

At the end of the video he hints that machine slaughter is acceptable.

Allah knows best
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 4th August 2015 00:07
I took this photo in Madinah in a supermarket (also posted on the mechanical slaughter thread)

Also, as mentioned before, I saw a man arguing with a KFC manager in Madinah regarding the doubts about the source of the chicken. The brother from South Africa was determined to argue and prove the haramness (yes, I know it's not a word) of the chicken.

The manager went to the back of the KFC, got a frozen bag of chicken and showed the brother where it was clearly labeled as hand slaughtered in Jeddah and not machine slaughtered from Brazil.

The brother then ordered his chicken burger with pleasure.

The irony is that this particular KFC didn't sell Brazilian Chicken which was rumored to be haram, yet I saw a hand slaughtered chicken exported from Brazil that seemed to be halal without a doubt.

Obviously one could go into further details and investigate things as much as they want.

Thread moved to The Food Section and out of the Q&A section for the benefit of others.
+3 -0
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 4th August 2015 04:23
Jinn wrote:
View original post

Message from brother "the fake shaykh":

[Quote=the fake shaykh]
www.facebook.com/Yusufibnshabbir/posts/852457124848507

Saudi Arabia Halal Poultry Imports Confusion

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Over the past few days, many scholars and colleagues have contacted me regarding the various conflicting messages and confusion regarding the provision of Halal imports into Saudi Arabia.

After reviewing the messages, I remain unsatisfied and unconvinced that the poultry imports are Halal. There is very little substance in the messages that are attempting to affirm that they are Halal. I have personally spoken to two Saudi nationals who own restaurants in Jeddah and Madinah Munawwarah in addition to other residents of Saudi Arabia. They have advised me, based on their knowledge of the food industry, that poultry imports and food outlets that use such imports must be avoided.

Whilst one should refrain from labelling all poultry imports as Haram, one should equally be cautious in labelling them as Halal. This is in light of the fraudulent practices that are unfortunately prevalent in the global Halal sector. In this regard, this issue is not confined to Saudi Arabia. To somehow suggest that Saudi Arabia is an Islamic country and this guarantees that the external Halal supply chain is genuine is perhaps idealistic. After all, Saudi Arabia imports poultry from non-Muslim countries and the doubts and concerns are not in relation to the locally sourced poultry. Procurement rules, guidelines and certificates are insufficient. I am aware of certain colleagues who visited an Abattoir in France that uses a form of mechanical slaughter unacceptable to most Muslims. The abattoir exports to Saudi Arabia and other Muslim countries. Halal is one of the most abused words and what is required is a detailed investigation prior to labelling the imports as Halal.

Islam teaches us to avoid that which is doubtful and adopt that which is free of doubt. There are many food outlets that use locally sourced poultry so it would be advisable to use these outlets.

I have discussed this issue with many Akabir and they have advised caution in relation to the poultry imports. Shaykhul Islam Mufti Taqi Uthmani Sahib has also expressed his concerns in his writings. Many senior Arab Ulama have also expressed their concerns. The Muhaddith of Makkah Mukarramah Shaykh Ithyoobi has related the concerns of Shaykh Ibn Baz and others regarding meat imports and has clearly mentioned that even if one is doubtful regarding the imports, it will be Haram to consume the meat. One must be absolutely assured that the imports are Halal before consuming the meat. (Dhakiratul Uqba, 4438)

Allah knows best
Yusuf Shabbir
www.nawadir.org
3 August 2015
[/quote]
+5 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 4th August 2015 18:41
Jazak'Allah, for sharing this brother samah.

How does one go about being sure the meat they're consuming is halal or haram? I love the KFC near Haramain. If I ask the question if it's local meat, and they answer, yes, then it's fine? However, if they're unsure or/and confirm it's imported then we refrain in chance it's not been slaughtered in compliance with the shariah?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2016 10:04

11MAR2015: Is All Meat in Saudi Arabia Haraam? Mf Abdullah Nana (USA)?

MP3 (Podcast)

+1 -0

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Remote' written in?