Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Pick and Mix -Analogy on the 4 schools of thought !!

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2014 12:23
Salam

I just got this in a email, once you've read it give me your thoughts....

Quote:
Adhering to a single madhab does alleviate confusion but also restricts the student from fully understanding and appreciating the different facets of knowledge/wisdom and when to apply them. So those who opt for a single madhab are possessors of a single light, whereas those who adopt the 4 madhabs combined, gain four lights, however majority of people are incapable of the attaining the 4 lights which is what makes them superior to their counterparts. They take a bite out of a delicious apple where you take/eat/benefit from the whole apple, AND ALLAH KNOWS BEST!!!!

-The hanafi madhab followers resemble sheep on mass, they are taken to vast pastures of land and freely graze without asking many if any questions, not veering past the shepherd, they are of the stance 'we hear and we obey'. They attempt to be witty and intelligent making use of qiyaas rationale/reasoning to deduce legal verdicts, which makes them look silly at times, as they are attempting to emulate a blessed individual imam Abu Hanifa which as we know is a hard act to follow.

-The maliki's resemble people who have tunnel vision, they do not look left or right are more literal and old fashioned in their approach, not allowing updates or any contemporary insights to swerve them from their path.

-The shafi's are all those intellectuals who possess a sound intellect and seek to maximize their capacity by following the most well versed/well rounded knowledge of the 4 imams, which is quite conclusive. Their openness to reason and change, adaptability give them a uniqueness and a very much sound modern integration or compatibility with the contemporary times, they are thinkers and think outside the box. Their flaw similar to the hanafis is they are attempting to emulate and copy an imam who dwarfs their abilities, hence they are not able to fully grasp the message of imam ashafi.

-The Habali's are those which have a innate strength and toughness about them seeking the strictness and purity via sacrifice and firmness/resolve to overcome and to set high/tough goals, much like imam Ahmed whom they emulate, their flaws are their strictness sometimes overwhelms their ability to reason and adapt and update, which causes themselves maybe extra hardship at times. But this madhab is not for the faint hearted, only the most upright strong willed individuals adopt this madhab, as history has proven. They to at times fail to encompass the vast understanding of imam ahmed who was very much devoted in worship, which aided him in everything he did.

Now to make sense of all four madhabs is to seek their unique quality and how this can be utilized affectively. In life their are occasions when we must knuckle down and listen and obey our mother, father, leader etc., we hear and we obey unconditionally for the betterment of the ummah to unite and overcome squabbling over nonsense or unimportant matters. There are also occasions that present themselves when we must focus and not listen to people and maintain a tunnel vision i.e when people are attempting to introduce innovation or falsehood, we must remain stubborn and adhere to a one track mind, in order to safeguard ourselves and our deen. In other situations it requires us to apply our sound intellect and ability to deduce and accurately place knowledge, i.e there must be those open minded thinkers that seek to aid and support progressive thinking in order for islam to remain relevant to all the contemporary challenges, i.e. Dr Zakir naik for instance is a sound example of keeping up to date and applying both evidences from Quran and sunnah coupled with the intelligence Allah blessed him with. Lastly there are those challenges which require firmness and resolve to stick to the book of Allah and the sunnah of the prophet sal-Allahu alayhi wa salam, this is where the Hanbali's are the most formidable, just like the great Imam Ahmed they are prepared to hold on to the rope of Allah and not be swayed, possessing a perseverance and willingness to overcome all obstacles, without giving in. Each madhab has a unique quality that the other does not, so to accurately understand and be able to benefit from each madhabs unique blessing we must first understand the imams, then understand the followers and finally seek out that unique beneficial quality that is missing within us.

This is my limited understanding why the four madhabs survived and the others did not, this is Allah's wisdom, whom none but him knows for sure and finally all charcheristics from the 4 madhabs combined completes the ummah from every angle, AND ALLAH KNOWS BEST!!!!!
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2014 12:37
wa alaykumassalam,

author likes the sound of his own voice...
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2014 12:49
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2014 12:50
kanzoorbhai wrote:
View original post

Akhi lets avoid one liner remarks please and neither do I want this thread to become a bashing thread. So therefore I'm making this comment in the start to avoid further derailment, hope you see where I'm coming from.

If you're willing to refute it academically yourself then please do so ?

How does one counter such an argument ?
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2014 12:51
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

جزاك الله خيرا

Will read, keep the suggestions coming.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2014 13:21
May Allah guide these misguided souls

Quote:
Adhering to a single madhab does alleviate confusion but (But?? Trouble starts here) also restricts the student from fully understanding and appreciating the different facets of knowledge/wisdom (No it doesn't) and when to apply them (Again, no it doesn't). So those who opt for a single madhab (There's no opting. It's the natural course since the true Salaf as Saliheen) are possessors of a single light, whereas those who adopt the 4 madhabs combined, gain four lights (So if I follow the 4 Madhhabs, plus Ahlul Bid'ah, plus the Ahlul Qur'aan, does that mean I am the possessor of 6 lights which make me better than you?), however majority of people are incapable of the attaining the 4 lights which is what makes them superior to their counterparts (A person is superior in the eyes of Allah سبحانه وتعالى through Taqwah and Amal, not by how many Madhaahib one follows). They take a bite out of a delicious apple where you take/eat/benefit from the whole apple, AND ALLAH KNOWS BEST!!!! (By far the worst analogies I have ever read about pick and mix. I say we eat the apple. You eat the apple, the seeds, the leaves, the stern, the core and the branches it hangs on)

-The hanafi madhab followers resemble sheep on mass, they are taken to vast pastures of land and freely graze without asking many if any questions, not veering past the shepherd, they are of the stance 'we hear and we obey'. They attempt to be witty and intelligent making use of qiyaas rationale/reasoning to deduce legal verdicts, which makes them look silly at times, as they are attempting to emulate a blessed individual imam Abu Hanifa which as we know is a hard act to follow.

(I'd rather be a sheep amongst the masses and follow the "hard act" of following the Fiqh of Imam 'Azam as you put it rather than being a vulture scavenging on innocent preys (laymen) and devour everything in sight that's weak (in knowledge))

-The maliki's resemble people who have tunnel vision, they do not look left or right are more literal and old fashioned in their approach, not allowing updates or any contemporary insights to swerve them from their path.

(So whilst (according to your example) they're on Siraat Al-Mustaqeem you want them to become amongst the Dhaalleen (astray)? Contemporary insights has nothing to do with Madhaahib but I guess a limited Salafi mind will never comprehend that following a Madhab is only a small portion of Deen)

-The shafi's are all those intellectuals who possess a sound intellect and seek to maximize their capacity by following the most well versed/well rounded knowledge of the 4 imams, which is quite conclusive (Not true). Their openness to reason and change, adaptability give them a uniqueness and a very much sound modern integration or compatibility with the contemporary times, they are thinkers and think outside the box. (Really? Are you describing Shawaafi' or are you describing Salafi's with a small resemblance in understanding with Shawaafi to further spread the propaganda against the Imams? Will the Salafi's ever stop stooping lower and lower?) Their flaw similar to the hanafis is they are attempting to emulate and copy an imam who dwarfs their abilities (lies but I don't expect any better from these types of extreme Salafis), hence they are not able to fully grasp the message of imam ashafi (But amazingly those who reject Imam Shafi'ee (Salafis) are fully able to grasp the great Imam? Smart).

-The Habali's are those which have a innate strength and toughness about them seeking the strictness and purity via sacrifice and firmness/resolve to overcome and to set high/tough goals, much like imam Ahmed whom they emulate, their flaws are their strictness sometimes overwhelms their ability to reason and adapt and update, which causes themselves maybe extra hardship at times. But this madhab is not for the faint hearted (lol), only the most upright strong willed individuals adopt this madhab, as history has proven (So now this Salafi has turned Madhaahib into different classes of products. Those who are strong adopt it, those who are weak resort to Class B drugs in the form of Imam Shafi'ee? What is this person on about?). They to at times fail to encompass the vast understanding of imam ahmed who was very much devoted in worship, which aided him in everything he did. (Once again, the true meaning and understanding of Imam Ahmed is only grasped by the Wahhabis?)

Now to make sense of all four madhabs is to seek their unique quality and how this can be utilized affectively. In life their are occasions when we must knuckle down and listen and obey our mother, father, leader etc., we hear and we obey unconditionally for the betterment of the ummah to unite and overcome squabbling over nonsense or unimportant matters. There are also occasions that present themselves when we must focus and not listen to people and maintain a tunnel vision i.e when people are attempting to introduce innovation or falsehood, we must remain stubborn and adhere to a one track mind, in order to safeguard ourselves and our deen. In other situations it requires us to apply our sound intellect and ability to deduce and accurately place knowledge, i.e there must be those open minded thinkers that seek to aid and support progressive thinking in order for islam to remain relevant to all the contemporary challenges, i.e. Dr Zakir naik (I guess this says it all. He gives preference to a non-scholar over powerful scholars such as Mufti Taqi Uthmani) for instance is a sound example of keeping up to date and applying both evidences from Quran and sunnah coupled with the intelligence Allah blessed him with. Lastly there are those challenges which require firmness and resolve to stick to the book of Allah and the sunnah of the prophet sal-Allahu alayhi wa salam, this is where the Hanbali's are the most formidable, just like the great Imam Ahmed they are prepared to hold on to the rope of Allah and not be swayed, possessing a perseverance and willingness to overcome all obstacles, without giving in. Each madhab has a unique quality that the other does not, so to accurately understand and be able to benefit from each madhabs unique blessing we must first understand the imams, then understand the followers and finally seek out that unique beneficial quality that is missing within us.

This is my limited understanding (Probably the only truth in this piece. However, I would add "Very" limited understanding) why the four madhabs survived and the others did not, this is Allah's wisdom, whom none but him knows for sure and finally all charcheristics from the 4 madhabs combined completes the ummah from every angle, AND ALLAH KNOWS BEST!!!!!

A Wahhabi is like a cantil snake wiggling its tail to resemble a moving worm for preys that feed on worms only to inject its venom once the naive prey is lured in. The above article is a perfect example of this wiggling tail. There's so much that can answer and reject each and EVERY sentence from this but most of it was comedy trying to mimic an encyclopaedia of the Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jama'ah with examples that don't reflect any reality except their own agenda.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2014 13:44
Jinn wrote:
View original post

nothing academic to refute. if there was, i wouldn't be able to refute it. he's just using flowery language to put down people who follow a madhab, especially Hanafis and Malikis.
if someone "refutes" this, then a counter "refutation" will be written...and then a counter-counter...and so on....all with long run-on sentences and implicit insults....that's how internet mubahalas between us jaahils go.

the crux of his writing is that we should take from all four madhaahib instead of restricting ourselves to one.
we already do that. how many examples are there of scholars from different madhaahib coming together to resolves issues or of scholars taking opinions outside of their own madhabs? however, we don't freely mix and match like ghayr-muqallids.

by trying to avoid being part of one madhab, they simply made a fifth, flawed and deficient madhab, the Salafi madhab.
the natural order of things dictates that there be a structure. in every aspect of life it's so. in fiqh, we have the 4 madhabs. those who abandon these 4 madhaahib will ultimately just follow the natural order of things and make a new madhab/jamat/firqa, deliberately or unknowingly, whether they like it or not.

this is just my opinion....
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2014 14:45
Throw these on the face of that pathetic Jaahil:

Aimma1.jpg
Downloads: 154
    [137.98 kB]
Aimma2.jpg
Downloads: 163
    [41.71 kB]
Aimma3.jpg
Downloads: 396
    [278.20 kB]
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2014 15:38
One major issue is when people take from "SOLID SOURCES" and accept them as Gospel ;)

Check out this blunder www.muftisays.com/forums/27-sharing-portal/9296-islamqa-e...

So how are we laypeople supposed to workout who's right and who's not especially when people mascarade the Masjids and internet claiming the they don't blind follow but they take the strongest opinion, which turns out to be false anyway. What a joke.

They make Taqleed and deny it, and they make Taqleed of an error.

Believe me, we are much safer following the method of the Salaf for real and not those who claim to be followers of the salaf, where in reality they make Taqleed of the contemporary scholars.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2014 16:06
Please don't get us started on Dr. Naik. He is MashaAllah very knowledgable in comparative religion. But anything else, I'd be very careful. He can easily manipulate the verses of the Quran and Hadith and easily mislead someone.

There are plenty of examples of this on the blogs and forums. So Dr Naik is not a good example at all. Your friend needs to take a reality check
Just one small example within this post
www.muftisays.com/forums/76-the-true-salaf-as-saliheen/49...
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2014 16:45
Quote:
-The Habali's are those which have a innate strength and toughness about them seeking the strictness and purity via sacrifice and firmness/resolve to overcome and to set high/tough goals, much like imam Ahmed whom they emulate, their flaws are their strictness sometimes overwhelms their ability to reason and adapt and update, which causes themselves maybe extra hardship at times. But this madhab is not for the faint hearted, only the most upright strong willed individuals adopt this madhab, as history has proven. They to at times fail to encompass the vast understanding of imam ahmed who was very much devoted in worship, which aided him in everything he did.

I wonder where this came from. Of all the Madhahib, I find this particular Madhab the most difficult to follow because Imam Ahmad had more than 2-3 opinions on a matter of Fiqh. Where he metions only the upright and stirct, then I guess he's talking about issues of Aqeedah where one can easily become a kaafir by not offering Salah!

I hope this brother doesn't go into Aqeedah issues and reject what the Hanbali school teaches and accepts what the "so-called" salafi/Hanbali follow today. He will be blown away.

It is narrated that Ahmed ibn Hanbal said, "if in any matter there is agreement between three people, then one pays no attention to the verdict of anyone who disagrees with them."
Someone asked him, "who are they?"
He answered, "Abu Hanifah, Abu Yusuf and Muhammad ibn al-Hasan. Abu Hanifa is the one with most insight with respect to analogical reasoning. Abu Yusuf is the one with the most insight with respect to the traditions. Muhammad is the one with most insight with respect to Arabic."

As-Samani narrated it in kitab al-ansab.

But today we get people who claim to follow the Hanbali Fiqh and mock the Hanafi School. These people are not really following the School of Imam Ahmed, it is a disguise, a cover up name.

Sorry, I cant source it further back as its from here
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 8th August 2014 11:23
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 12th August 2014 17:29
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 13th August 2014 09:04

Jinn wrote:
View original post

The answer to this RANT is Imam Muslim (RA).

1. Expert in Arabic language
  2. Expert in Science of Hadeeth
  3. Expert in sciences of his time
  4. Knowledgable of customs of his people and his time
  5. Neither performed Ijtehaad nor issued Fatwaas?

Why?

Why didn't he indulge in Fiqh???

No post ratings