Topic Appreciation
the fake shaykh, Taalibah, samah
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2014 15:27
السلام عليكم

Last year I came across this new strategy of Ahle Hadith cult for the first time. I was browsing through a brother's PDF collections and stumbled upon a Bengali book titled something like "History of Hanafi Fiqh" and the writer had a "Mufti" before his name. (This is a mischievous technique of AeH to make laypeople think that the writer is a Deobandi scholar and of high caliber. AeH guys generally use "Sheikh" before their scholars' names. But it reveals the AeH identity of the author at the first glance, hence nowadays they use "Moulana", "Mufti" to proselytize laypeople.)

That book started with praising and appreciating Imam Abu Hanifah Raheemahullaah and his Ijtihaad. Later author discussed different books of Hanafi fiqh including Hidayah and Quduri. In those discussions he blatantly slandered compilers and tried to prove that Imam's fiqh was preserved incorrectly by them. That means today what we are following by the name "Hanafi fiqh", is distorted and erroneous version of the authentic Hanafi school.

Today I've found an identical yet sophisticated propaganda which proves their strategic drift. They have got ample responses against their failed attempts to prove Imam Abu Hanifah Raheemahullaah as weak in Hadith, Murji' etc. So, now they are trying to alienate Ahnaf from Hanafi fiqh; and then laypeople will have no other option except joining the Saudi circus. Read carefully:

Link: Brief Notes on the Explanation of al-Aqidah al-Tahaawiyyah: Part 1 - Introduction

Contents of the link:

[These are brief notes on this classical text and are based around the explanations of Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzan and Shaykh Saalih Aal al-Shaykh. They should serve as a useful study guide, and we will be adding additional points of benefit where appropriate. These articles may undergo further updates, inshaa'Allaah, to include more and more points of explanation (as time allows) to provide a much better resource for the study of this text.]

Part 1: The Introduction

The Allaamah, the Proof of Islam, Abu Ja'far al-Warraaq al-Tahawi, resident in Egypt, may Allaah have mercy upon him, said: This is a mention of the explanation of the creed of Ahl al-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah upon the way of the jurists of the religion, Abu Hanifah al-Nu'man bin Thaabit al-Kufi, Abu Yusuf Ya'qub bin Ibrahim al-Ansari and Abu Abdullah Muhammad bin al-Hasan al-Shaybani - may Allah be pleased with them all - and that which they believe of the foundations of the religion, and by which they worship the Lord of the Worlds.

Notes

1. He is Abu Ja'far al-Tahawi (238H-321H) and was a student of al-Muzani (d. 264H), [the associate of Imaam Al-Shafi'ee (d. 204H)], in his early years. Unable to find satisfactory answers to certain issues from al-Muzani, al-Tahawi adopted the fiqh of Abu Hanifah and his associates, however he was not a muqallid (blind-follower) like the later ones who ascribed to Abu Hanifah. Rather, he was a follower of the Sunnah. As for the Hanafis in general, then they were infiltrated by the Mu'tazilah, and the usool and fiqh of Abu Hanifah departed from its early form. Likewise, the Maturidis made claim to Abu Hanifah, however his creed contradicts theirs, for their creed is based upon ilm al-kalaam which all of the four Imaams unanimously condemned, and by kalaam we do not mean the genus of kalaam, but the kalaam based upon the conceptual tools of other nations such as al-jawhar wal-'arad (substance and incidental attribute) which was the foundation of the creed of the Jahmiyyah, Mu'tazilah, Raafidee Mujassimah, Kullaabiyyah, Karraamiyyah, Ash'ariyyah and Maturidiyyah.

2. Whilst al-Tahawi is citing the creed of Abu Hanifah and his two associatse, Abu Yusuf Ya'qub al-Ansari and Abu Abdullah Muhammad al-Shaybani, it is in fact the creed of the four Imaams and the Salaf as a whole. There are a couple of vague and generalized statements which have been pounced upon by the Jahmiyyah who conceal themselves under the label of "Ash'ariyyah", but there is in the creed as a whole that which falsifies their particular kalaam interpretations of those statements.

3. There are many explanations of this classical text, both old and contemporary. The Ahl al-Kalaam also have many explanations of this text and they interpret it upon a kalaam perspective which is injustice to Abu Hanifah, his students and al-Tahawi, since they were free and innocent of that. The best of the older explanations is that by Ibn Abi al-Izz al-Hanafi, the eighth century scholar, and in contemporary times there are an abundance of explanations both brief, intermediate and detailed.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2014 17:11
Bump.....
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2014 19:19
No, it's their old trick. Plz visit
marifah.net
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2014 02:36
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

I think I couldn't represent the strategy clearly. Please read it carefully.

I was not talking about allegations against Aqeedah. The whole Salafi community doesn't recognise Ash'ari and Maturidi aqeedah. Madhkhalis go one step further as usual and place these two schools at the same level of Khawaarij, Murji'ah, Mu'tazilah etc (See this example). It's nothing new.

What I was trying to present here is this strategy:

- Praising Imam Abu Hanifah Raheemahullaah and his school abundantly (old strategies were to prove Imam as weak in Hadith and possessing problematic aqeedah, Imam suggested to follow Sahih Hadith instead of his madhab etc.)

- Then showing inconsistencies in books of Hanafi fiqh to prove that it isn't Imam's actual opinion

- Concluding that today all of these Hanafis are deluded that they are following the school of Abu Hanifah, but in reality they aren't.

I observed hundreds of blogs, SF threads, books etc dealing with Taqleed, Madhahib, Imam Abu Hanifah and his fiqh. But this technique seems completely new and I haven't come across any refutation which covers it.

I'm rephrasing it again:

- Imam Abu Hanifah was really a great Mujtahid

- But now his fiqh doesn't exist in authentic form or is fully corrupted

- Therefore contemporary deluded Hanafis aren't following real fiqh of Abu Hanifah

Please provide some materials (if there is any) in this regard.
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2014 14:06
(salaam)

Brother, I'm out of my town for next 20 days.
InshaAllah I'll ask ahleilm.
(following reply is not a perfect one which you need)

As you know that Fiqh Hanafi is the the result of the collective efforts of our Hazrat A'imma e mujtahidin rh.a. Besides Hazrat Imam Abu Hanifa rh.a the opinions of other great A'imma like Hazrat Imam Abuyusuf rh.a, Hazrat Imam Zufar rh.a, Hazrat Imam Mohammad rh.a and others are also included in it.

So today when a mufti gives the fatwa he considers all the opinions of our Hazrat A'imma e Mujtahidin rh.a. If the opinion of Hazrat Imam Abu Hanifa rh.a isnt so suitable in the present situation as the opinion of Hazrat Abu Yusuf rh.a is then Mufti will choose the easier and more suitable opinion (of latter) for fatwa.

It doesn't mean that the fatwa of Hazrat Imam Abu Hanifa rh.a has been changed or became in valid or is no more applicable.

In some cases our Akabirin rh.a had left the fatwa of fuqha e ahnaf rh.a and gave the fatwa (concerning husband-missing issue) according to the opinion of Hazrat Imam Malik rh.a. it doesn't mean that our akabirin rh. had left/changed fiqh hanafi.
www.deoband.net/blogs/hanafi-school-of-fiqh

Ulama e Mutakkhrin rh.a wrote other books (e.g. Hidaya, Quduri etc) in the light of the classical source of fiqh hanafi. Now a days mufti hazrat give the fatwa with reference of these books.
www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?38443-Lists-in-or...
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2014 14:46

Black Turban wrote:
View original post

If I have understood your query correctly then it can be answered in many parts and here is part 1 (already on the forum) slightly paraphrased specifically for your query.

Part 1 (Response):

Madkhali: Where is your evidence to follow Imam Abu Haneefa (RA)?

Muadh Khan: Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) said, ""The best of my people are my generation then those who come after them, then those who come after them, then there will come a people in whom there will be no good." [Tabarni]

Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) was born in year 80 AH and passed away in year 160AH so he was Tab'ae and he narrates Hadeeth from Sahaba (RA) so he is the Salaf!

Do you deny him being Salaf?

Madkhali:  No I don't deny him being the Salaf.

Muadh Khan: So you are taking these people away from following one of the Salaf to another Scholar (i.e. Al-Albani (RA) etc.) who passed away in 1999! That is very strange dawah.

Part 2 (Response):

Madkhali:   We don't have the opinion of Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) today!

Muadh Khan: Imam Muhammad (RA) was a student of Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) and he also studied with Imam Malik (RA). As a result he also narrated Muwatta of Imam Malik (RA) and under each chapter he narrates the opinion of Imam Abu Haneefa (RA). This has been translated and published in English as "Muwatta Imam Muhammad (RA)".

According to Imam Shaf'ae (RA) the most Authentic book on Earth after the book of Allah (SWT) is "Muwatta of Imam Malik (RA)".

Muwatta Imam Muhammad (RA) is that PLUS the opinions of Imam Abu Haneefa (RA). So the book is compiled by "Salaf", Authenticated by "Salaf" and contains opinion of "Salaf" in addition to Hadeeth.

Go look it up!

Now off course we consider Saheeh Bukhari (RA) to be more Authentic and that's a different discussion all together.

Part 3 (Response):

Madkhali:   There is no obligation to follow Imam Abu Haneefa (RA), exclusively?

Muadh Khan:  I was trying to make a point about Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) and him being a Salaf but we actually follow the "Madhab of Imam Abu Haneefa (RA)" which means that Ulama have scrutinised opinions and where the evidence is to the contrary we leave the words of Imam Abu Haneefa (RA).

If you actually study the Madhab, you will find opinion after opinion where Imam Abu Yusuf (RA) and Imam Muhammad (RA) have disagreed with their teacher i.e. Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) based on evidence and Ulama discuss these matters and adopt the most sound opinion.

But this is NOT the job of a laymen. Until you become a Mujtahid you have no choice but to do Taqleed. The obligation for laymen as Shaykh Salih Uthaymeen (RA) has rightly pointed out is "Taqleed".

Summarised (Responses):

1. We have conclusively proven (and agreed) that Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) was Salaf
  2. We have conclusively proven (and agreed) that is someone was to follow  Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) in 2014 it is permissable and directly proven from Sunnah
  3. We have conclusively proven (and agreed) that the opinions of Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) are available in English language
  4. Nevertheless, we have taught you about "Madhab" and what it actually is i.e. a body of knowledge which is built upon, advanced and strengthened. This is exact opposite of your understanding that those who follow Madhabs are blind, bigoted, closed-minded individuals.

In fact we rely on 1400+ years of scrutinised. In fact we rely on 1400+ years of scrutinised, systematised and improved while you break away from this tradition and rely on individual ShootNScoot MaverickismOxford University prides itself on nearly 1000 years of Academic excellence and cannot be compared to a street-institute opened 70 years ago!

To give you the historical and classical pedigree of Hanafi Madhab, here are three undisputed facts:

1. Muwatta of Imam Malik (RA) was considered the most Authentic book after Qur'aan long before Imam Bukhari (RA) was even born! Today we have one of the finest versions by Imam Muhammad (RA) who not only heard and compiled it (directly) but also recorded the Fatwa of his teacher Imam Al-Adham Abu Haneefa (RA).
  2. The most authentic narrations of Saheeh Bukhari are 22 which have only 3 narrators. These are the cream of Hadeeth Narrations. 20 of these are narrated by those who followed the Hanafi Madhab
  3. The summarised Saheeh Bukhari which is in print today and mandatory book-shelf item by every adherent of your cult was actually done by Imam Zayn-ad-Din az-Zabidi Al-Hanafi (RA)
    1. The Ahl-e-Hadeeth "cult" had nothing to do with the top and most compilations of Hadeeth, either Muwatta or Saheeh Bukhari
    2. The Ahl-e-Hadeeth "cult" didn't narrate the top narrators of Saheeh Bukhari (RA)
    3. The Ahl-e-Hadeeth "cult" didn'teven summarise it!
+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2014 15:41
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم

Jazakallaahu Khayra. I read that discussion many days ago when SF was active. However this covers the issue partially. You've mentioned Muwatta Imam Muhammd (RA), which is based on Muwatta Imam Malik (RA). But I see Hidayah and Quduri are mainly taught in Madaris (along with other books) as main source of Hanafi fiqh. Are those also considered Sahih like Muwatta Imam Muhammad (RA)? (Just for daleel purpose, I don't have any doubt Alhamdulillaah).
No post ratings
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2014 15:44
Another refutation is highly required regarding this part of my opening post:

Quote:
Notes

1. He is Abu Ja'far al-Tahawi (238H-321H) and was a student of al-Muzani (d. 264H), [the associate of Imaam Al-Shafi'ee (d. 204H)], in his early years. Unable to find satisfactory answers to certain issues from al-Muzani, al-Tahawi adopted the fiqh of Abu Hanifah and his associates, however he was not a muqallid (blind-follower) like the later ones who ascribed to Abu Hanifah. Rather, he was a follower of the Sunnah. As for the Hanafis in general, then they were infiltrated by the Mu'tazilah, and the usool and fiqh of Abu Hanifah departed from its early form. Likewise, the Maturidis made claim to Abu Hanifah, however his creed contradicts theirs, for their creed is based upon ilm al-kalaam which all of the four Imaams unanimously condemned, and by kalaam we do not mean the genus of kalaam, but the kalaam based upon the conceptual tools of other nations such as al-jawhar wal-'arad (substance and incidental attribute) which was the foundation of the creed of the Jahmiyyah, Mu'tazilah, Raafidee Mujassimah, Kullaabiyyah, Karraamiyyah, Ash'ariyyah and Maturidiyyah.

2. Whilst al-Tahawi is citing the creed of Abu Hanifah and his two associatse, Abu Yusuf Ya'qub al-Ansari and Abu Abdullah Muhammad al-Shaybani, it is in fact the creed of the four Imaams and the Salaf as a whole. There are a couple of vague and generalized statements which have been pounced upon by the Jahmiyyah who conceal themselves under the label of "Ash'ariyyah", but there is in the creed as a whole that which falsifies their particular kalaam interpretations of those statements.

3. There are many explanations of this classical text, both old and contemporary. The Ahl al-Kalaam also have many explanations of this text and they interpret it upon a kalaam perspective which is injustice to Abu Hanifah, his students and al-Tahawi, since they were free and innocent of that. The best of the older explanations is that by Ibn Abi al-Izz al-Hanafi, the eighth century scholar, and in contemporary times there are an abundance of explanations both brief, intermediate and detailed.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2014 15:51

Black Turban wrote:
View original post

Questions open the door to knowledge so don't be shy in asking, Insha'Allah.

The Ahl-e-Hadeeth objection is that the opinions of Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) are not present in our time and Muwatta Imam (Muhammad) (RA) is a slap in the face of this allegation.

Then to discuss the issue of foundation of Hanafi Madhab then I disagree with my dear respected and beloved elder ArafatZafar because the basis of Hanafi Madhab is not Hidayah/Qudoori but books of Dhahir-Riwayah and Nawadir.

The issues discussed above are 2 separate matters (hence coloured differently) and cannot be jumbled together and discussed together.

I will await further questions before discussion on Imam Tahawi (RA) separately.

Jzk

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2014 16:31
Black Turban wrote:
View original post

And the references used in Hidayah and Quduri are?

:)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2014 18:09
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Jazakallaahu Khayra for that beneficial link.

Do Hidayah and Qudoori encompass these 3 categories (Zahir Riwayah, Nawadir and Fatawa)? Or fatawa only (the third one)?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2014 18:20
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Fate of those references will be determined after observing Albani saheb's verdict.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2014 18:41
This SF thread reflects EXACTLY the point I've tried to make in this thread. MashaAllaah, Mufti Husain Kadodia DB and others aptly handled that troll (masquerading as Hanafi).
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2014 19:51
Link not working above.

Will check to see why and rectify inshaAllah.

EDIT: link fixed. The h from the http:// was missing :)
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2014 20:43
Black Turban wrote:
View original post

Hidayah and Quduri are books of fiqh which include rulings from all three categories. Technically, they don't fall into any of the three categories, as they are just a collection of legal opinions from all three sources. The thing is, most books of fiqh do not differentiate between which ruling is from which of the three categories.

On a related note, according to THIS blog post by Maulana Muntasir Zaman, there five books of thaahir-riwayah, not six.

wallaahu A'lam.
+1 -0