Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Common Hadith confirmed as FABRICATED

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Naqshband66, Taalibah, Arslan., abu mohammed, Jinn, Maria al-Qibtiyya, bint e aisha
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2014 17:38
As we know, there are plenty of threads and post explaining the difference between weak and fabricated Hadith.

Here is an example of how Hadith became fabricated www.muftisays.com/forums/77-taqleed--the-straight-path/50...

I think it would be a good idea to post "Confirmed Fabricated Hadith" that have become very common amongst the Muslims today.

If we could post the text of the Hadith with the heading of "Fabricated Hadith" inshaAllah this could help speed up search results and clear any misconceptions others have within them or even about us.
Please remember, daeef/weak Hadith are used for virtues and threads have also been made regarding that too.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2014 17:45
Fabricated Hadith about kissing the thumbs during the call to prayer.

www.muftisays.com/forums/76-the-true-salaf-as-saliheen/62...

It is stated in the book, Salaat al-Mas'oodi:
روي عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم انه قال من سمع اسمي في الاذان ووضع ابھاميه على عينيه فانا طالبه في صفوف القيمه و قائده الى الجنه
''The Noble Messenger is reported to have said, "On the Day of Qiyaamat, I shall search for the person who used to place his thumbs on his eyes when hearing my name during the Adhaan. I shall lead him into Jannat." [Salat al-Mas'oodi, Vol 2, Chapter 20]

Allama Ismail Haqqi Radi ALLAHu Ta'ala Anho writes under the verse 58 of Surah al Maidah,
وضعف تقبيل ظفرى ابهاميه مع مسبحتيه والمسح على عينيه عند قوله محمد رسول الله لانه لم يثبت فى الحديث المرفوع لكن المحدثين اتفقوا على ان الحديث الضعيف يجوز العمل به فى الترغيب والترهيب
"Kissing the nails of the thumbs and the shahadat finger when saying "Muhanunadur-Rasoolullah SallAllaho Alaihi wa Sallam has been classified as weak (zaeef) because it is not proven from a marfoo' Hadith. However, Muhadditheen have agreed that to act upon a zaeef Hadith to incline people towards [good] deeds and instill fear within them is permitted." [Tafseer Rooh al-Bayaan, Vol 3, Page 282]

Plenty more in the link.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2014 17:59
+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2014 18:28
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

MashaAllah, great thread.

I guess it would be wise to bring them all over here too just in case the site (sunniforum) is shut down.

Since I was asked about a reference for a Hadith in a different thread, I thought of doing this thread, but MashaAllah, others have already done this before.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2014 18:32
(bism1)
(salaam)

''When a person looks at a scholar and is pleased with the scholar, Allah Ta'ala deputes an angel to make du'a for forgiveness on behalf of this person till the day of judgement''.

Ibn 'Asakir (rahimahullah) has recorded this narration in Tarikh Dimashq on the authority of Sayyiduna Abu Sa'id Al Khudri (radiyallahu 'anhu).
(Tarikh Dimashq, vol. 52 pg. 250)

'Allamah Suyuti (rahimhullah) has mentioned this hadith in his book on fabricated hadiths. This hadith should therefore not be quoted.
(Dhaylul La-alil Masnu'ah, hadith: 226)

And Allah Ta'ala Knows best
+3 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2014 18:33
(bism1)
(salaam)

Sayyiduna Jabir (radiyallahu 'anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallalahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: ' Performing two rakats of salah with a turban is better than seventy salahs performed without a turban'.
(Musnadul Firdaws, hadith: 3054)

'Allamah Sakhawi (rahimahullah) says this hadith is not proven. It is therefore not suitable to be quoted.
(Al Maqasidul Hasanah, hadith: 717)

Sayyiduna 'Abdullah ibn Umar (radiyallahu 'anhu) reports that Nabi (sallalahu 'alayhi wa salla) said: 'Compulsory or optional Salah perfomed with a turban is equivalent to twenty five salahs perfomed without a turban, and performing one Jumu'ah with a turban is equivalent to seventy Jumu'ahs performed without a turban...'
(Tarikh ibn 'Asakir, vol. 39 pg. 261)

Hafiz ibn Hajar (rahimahullah) has declared the above hadith as a fabrication. 'Allamah Sakhawi and 'Allamah Munawi (rahimahumallah) are also of this view.
(See Al Maqasidul Hasanah, hadith: 717, Faydul Qadir, hadith: 5101 and Ad Di'amah of Muhammad ibn J'afar Al Kattani, pg. 26)

The 'Ulama say performing Salah with a turban carries more reward. However this is without specifying any specific amount or number of reward.
(See Fatawa Rashidiyyah pg. 54)

And Allah Ta'ala Knows best
+3 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2014 18:54
السلام عليكم

What about this one ?

Quote:
There is a Hadith Qudsi (rejected by Salafis)

"Allaah says, 'I was a hidden treasure, and I wished to be known, so I created a creation (mankind), then made Myself known to them, and they recognized Me."
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2014 19:03
Jinn wrote:
View original post

Yup, also fabricated: www.hadithanswers.com/hadith-qudsi-i-was-an-unknown-treas...

Question

We often hear the hadith qudsi that Allah Ta'ala was a hidden treasure, what is the status of this hadith?

Answer

The complete narration is as follows: (Allah Ta'ala said)

"I was an unknown treasure and I wished to be recognized. So I created the creation and introduced them to me, they recognized me".

This narration is a fabrication. Hafiz Ibn Taymiyyah, 'Allamah Zarkashi, 'Allamah Sakhawi and Hafiz Ibn Hajar (rahimahumullah) are unanimous that this narration has no basis.

One should therefore abstain from quoting it.

(See Al Maqasidul Hasanah, Hadith: 838, Dhaylul La-alil Masnu'ah, hadith: 1028 and Al Masnu', hadith: 232)

And Allah Ta'ala knows best

Verified by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomer
+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Soleil
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2014 04:35
And the hadith "whosoever knows His Lord, knows himself"
is actually a saying of Yahya ibn Muadh Ar-Razi, not a hadith.
+2 -0