Taalibah, Naqshband66, abu mohammed
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 13th September 2013 11:41
Halalified YT Audio

Taqleed made easy- For beginners
By Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam Al Kawthari

This is a simple lecture that explains taqleed in a very basic and simplistic way.
It's a good lecture to give to a beginner who does not understand taqleed well.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
India
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2013 11:42
(bism1)
(salaam)
Abu al-Fath al-Harawi rh.a - from the students of al-Shafi'i - said,"The Madhab of the generality of the followers (of al-Shafi'i), is that the layman has no Madhab. Hence, if he finds a Mujtahid, he makes Taqleed of him; n if he is unable to find one, but finds instead one who is well-acquainted with a Madhab, he makes Taqleed of him"
Al-Imam al-Nawawi rh.a says: "What is dictated by the evidence is that a person is not obliged to adhere to a Madhab; rather he should ask whoever he wishes."
Ibn Qawan al-Shafi'i rh.a says in his al-Tahqiqat,"The truth is that it is not incumbent to adhere to a Madhab; Rather, a person should ask whoever he likes, but without seeking allowances (tatabbu' al-rukhas)."
It shows that laymen haven't to choose the madhab by considering its merits let alone delving into research of mujtahidin rh.a.
Anti madhabhist have made this deen a toy to play with by giving us the power of socalled research through net n translated books of hadis.
Their tricks are very effective to allure the common men who're urged to revolt against ages-long- 4 madhab following tradition which, according to majority of ulama- past or present, is necessary to spend a safe n sound life from stratagem of shaytan.
Prophet (Peace be upon him) said:"My Ummah shall not agree upon error."(Hakim 1/116)
reported Hz Ibn 'Umar (Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (Allah bless him n give him peace),who said:"Verily my Ummah would not agree (or he said the Ummah of Muhammad s.a.w) would not agree upon error and Allah's hand is over the group n whoever dissents from them departs to Hell." (Mishkat,1/173,Tirmidhi 4/2167)
Rank Image
India
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2014 06:17
(bism1)
(salaam)

The following is excerpted from a recent interview of Mawlana Sh. Nazim al-Haqqani and pertains to the question of taqqlid in Islam.

SHAYKH NAZIM.We are followers of the Prophet,SAWS., according to our doctrines that come from the Sahaba, the Ash`aris and the Maturidis, and the Four madhhabs: Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi`i, and Hanbali. We are "controlled" [muqayyad] by the Four madhhabs. We have enough proofs. We are not such qualified people as to take [autonomously] what is necessary from the Holy Qur'an and Holy Hadith. We must follow Imams. We must follow Shaykhs. We must follow teachers.

INTERVIEWER. But for the average person and those who criticize you, isn't the Qur'an accessible to everyone in terms of reading and understanding? Why should anyone follow a Shaykh?
SN. How did they learn that? By themselves? Or did their mothers, their teachers teach them? Who gave them a doctor's degree? A title? They go to universities and they receive titles, after which they are speaking.... They are trusting non-Muslims to make them say they are Doctors. I am never accepting that. In Islam there is only `Ulama (scholars of the Science) not doctors.

INT. Does that make the religion only for the `Ulama?

SN. Yes!al `ulama' warathatu al anbiya'. [Scholars of knowledge are the inheritors of Prophets]. How are you saying? Is religion for juhala'[ignoramuses]? Is the Din taken from ignorant people? No! we are not accepting. From this day on, we are going to fight them, and we will not let them propagate their false doctrines among Muslims. We have our doctrines.

INT. But when the Qur'an says it is "Hudan li al-Nas" [Guidance for mankind] (2:185), what does that mean? Is it restricting its message to just...?

SN. Do you understand what is "Nas"? "Nas" also means Europeans, Americans -- they are Nas also! But "Huda"? "Huda" is from the Prophet to his inheritors. Are they inheritors or not? From whom are they taking their knowledge? From non-Muslims. We are not taking from non-Muslims. We are taking from Muslims. And we call our teachers Shaykhs. "Shaykh" and "Imam" means "teacher." We are learning from them, and they teach us from the Qur'an and the Hadith. That is what we teach. We have been authorized.

INT. Coming back to your teachings, Mawlana. What is the teaching of Ahl al-Sunna wa al-Jama`a?

SN. The Prophet said: the Jewish people are divided into 71 sects, Christians into 72 sects, and my Nation is going to be divided into 73 sects. He said: among the 73 sects only one will be on the right path, and the others will be changing and going wrong. They will be mistaken. The Companions asked: O Prophet, who are the right one? He said: Those who stand on my way and my Companions' way are on the right path, and the others are on the wrong. Therefore we say that there must be wrong sects in our day also, but out of His divine justice, Allah Almighty is keeping, among so many wrong paths, one right path. Even if those who follow it are few, it doesn't matter. We are saying that these are Ahl al-Sunna wa al-Jama`a-- the ones that keep the Sunnat al-Rasul,sallah allahu alayhi wa sallam, and following it. And today, those that are accepting the Four madhabs and accepting the doctrines of Islam according to the time of the Prophet s.a.w, they are on the right path.

INT. So, you are saying about the madhhahib...

SN. They must be followed. They must be followed.

INT. But the Madhabs were not there at the time of the Prophet?

SN:............

www.sunnah.org/publication/encyclopedia/html/taqlid.htm
+4 -0Like x 2